65% would recommend to a friend
(13933 total reviews)
66% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Sainsbury’s
7 months ago
Hi guys. I am a hugely experienced Delivery Manager, Scrum Master and Agile Coach of years. I am presently looking for referrals for the above roles. Can anyone kindly connect. British Telecom Amazon Salesforce CGI Capgemini MBDA Three Vodafone Sainsbury's Apple
a year ago
Senior Associate Consultant
Has anyone interviewed at Sainsbury's DTD? I have a Tech + Behavioural Competency Interview scheduled for a Cloud Engineer role and would like to know how it would be? Any employees who are currently working in DTD? Could you please shed some light on how the general work culture is and how's the hybrid working flexibility? Thanks in advance!
Got a burning question about Sainsbury’s? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sainsbury’s employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "good pay very chill job just get paid to go on your phone and sell ciggies" (in 1599 reviews)
- "Colleagues are friendly and willing to help without making you look stupid as a new starter." (in 806 reviews)
- "Nice People and you get to know most of them if you work with them." (in 657 reviews)
- "All staff is friendly and I love when they support me anytime when i need them." (in 579 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and hours" (in 233 reviews)
- "Poor management and lack of clear authority for the department often caused confusion amongst staff." (in 900 reviews)
- "Managers can be rude and demanding" (in 723 reviews)
- "Boring and long hours with overtime" (in 516 reviews)
- "very short breaks if you compare it to the work intensity; therefore there is less motivation and productivity" (in 165 reviews)
- "No career progression if you're not a favourite either!" (in 91 reviews)
Found 13,933 of over 15K reviews
Updated 29 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.028 Nov 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Everything about working in Sainsbury's is worth counting as a pro. Great place to work as a part-time worker.
I didn't find any cons while working here. It's all happening.
- 3.028 Nov 2023Retail Sales AssistantFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsGlasgow, Scotland
Loved my TU clothing team staff
Too many lazy & unhelpful managers who didn't know how to manage there department. Shambles
- 3.028 Nov 2023Customer Service AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLetchworth Garden City, England
the people are very helpful and are always willing to cover your shifts
the management are awful and inconsiderate
- 1.028 Nov 2023Online ShopperFormer Employee, more than 1 yearKenton, London, England
Only pro is that the shift is only 4 hours but starts a 4am !!
Pui which is a Chinese lady is the rudest there she thinks she is above everyone and is racist, they also always complain at you
Sainsbury’s Reviews FAQs
Sainsbury’s has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 14,692 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Sainsbury’s to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
65% of Sainsbury’s employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sainsbury’s 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.