65% would recommend to a friend
(13939 total reviews)
66% approve of CEO
Found 13,939 of over 15K reviews
Updated 30 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Sainsbury’s
7 months ago
Hi guys. I am a hugely experienced Delivery Manager, Scrum Master and Agile Coach of years. I am presently looking for referrals for the above roles. Can anyone kindly connect. British Telecom Amazon Salesforce CGI Capgemini MBDA Three Vodafone Sainsbury's Apple
a year ago
Senior Associate Consultant
Has anyone interviewed at Sainsbury's DTD? I have a Tech + Behavioural Competency Interview scheduled for a Cloud Engineer role and would like to know how it would be? Any employees who are currently working in DTD? Could you please shed some light on how the general work culture is and how's the hybrid working flexibility? Thanks in advance!
Got a burning question about Sainsbury’s? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sainsbury’s employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "good pay very chill job just get paid to go on your phone and sell ciggies" (in 1619 reviews)
- "Colleagues are friendly and willing to help without making you look stupid as a new starter." (in 797 reviews)
- "Nice People and you get to know most of them if you work with them." (in 648 reviews)
- "All staff is friendly and I love when they support me anytime when i need them." (in 572 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and hours" (in 234 reviews)
- "Poor management and lack of clear authority for the department often caused confusion amongst staff." (in 915 reviews)
- "Managers can be rude and demanding" (in 726 reviews)
- "Boring and long hours with overtime" (in 521 reviews)
- "breaks were short; when doing an 8 hour shift could only get 30 mins break" (in 168 reviews)
- "No career progression if you're not a favourite either!" (in 95 reviews)
- 5.030 Nov 2023Online ShopperFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMiddlesbrough, England
nice co-workers, it was a simple job and what i needed at the time, the work hours are early, but for me this is ok.
due to it being early, walking through Middlesbrough town centre in the morning felt unsafe
- 5.028 Nov 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Everything about working in Sainsbury's is worth counting as a pro. Great place to work as a part-time worker.
I didn't find any cons while working here. It's all happening.
- 5.028 Nov 2023Trading AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNottingham, England
From the staff to the customers, every thing about the store is exactly what one would wish for!
None at all, it's the best place I've ever worked.
- 5.027 Nov 2023Customer AdvisorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearScarborough, England
Nice people, good management, good discount.
Hard work, long hours, tricky customers sometimes
Sainsbury’s Reviews FAQs
Sainsbury’s has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 14,699 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Sainsbury’s to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
65% of Sainsbury’s employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sainsbury’s 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.