Sage Recruiting Reviews

Updated 18 Jun 2020

4.4
Sage Recruiting Founder Ashley Alfred (no image)
Ashley Alfred
  1. "Awesome People and Culture"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Sage Recruiting full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has been very supportive and engaging. I say this because I have a non-technical background and most of the things I have dealt with in the beginning were foreign to me. Now, after all the trainings that are provided, things are starting to make more sense. I love that the way they mentor makes me feel very valued as an employee. The CEO even spares time just to make sure that I am comfortable. I can say that with how the company is run, the environment is very friendly and I don't feel very pressured. In fact, their current work environment motivates me more to provide better work. Another thing that I appreciate is being able to work from home. The company does provide trainings and mentorship on how things should be done but I love the fact they they also allow me to do my own thing and discover my own way of getting things done more efficiently. I can see myself growing and learning a lot of things from Sage Recruiting. You really know that you are in good hands when you work with a CEO that means business but still handles her people with great personality!

Cons

I honestly couldn't provide any cons. I am VERY happy with how things are.

July 23, 2020CEO

Such a lovely review, thank you so much for sharing!

2. "Empowerment & Mentorship"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Sage Recruiting full-time

Pros

I have been working for Sage since the beginning of this year and this has been one of my greatest experiences yet. The CEO takes time from her schedule daily to not only mentor & coach, but to provide technical training as well. I do not come from a technical background, so initially, everything seemed like a foreign language combined with acronyms but I am much more comfortable thanks to her help. She mentors & coaches not only her own team but others in the industry as well. She empowers her team to try to do things our own way and will only intervene when we ask for assistance. Working from home, I have the autonomy to work around my schedule, and she has always encouraged this. Her relationships with her clients and candidates are incredible and are long-lasting. She has a tenacity that you don't see very often and her energy is contagious!

Cons

My face will hurt from laughing so hard after a long day with her!!

Continue reading

3. "Very welcoming and friendly environment"

Former Employee - Database in Toronto, ON

I worked at Sage Recruiting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Access to great learning tools/ high salary/ Respected agency in the HR industry/ Great people/ lovely environment/ Amazing opportunity for graduates looking for their first job./ Fun social activities!

Cons

Everything`s just perfect, except that the basement parking fee is expensive

Continue reading
  4. "Great place to grow professionally while having fun!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Sage Recruiting full-time

Pros

Sage is the place to be if you are looking to learn a ton about technology, recruiting, and professional etiquette. The team has technical consultants on board which makes it SO much easier to understand the tech world and all of the languages and frameworks that are continually evolving. In addition to the tech side of learning, the focus on personalization and customization that Sage believes in allows you to grow into a professional and respectable recruiter. You quickly understand best practices in speaking with candidates and clients making recruitment a lot more fun and successful. All in all, a great place to learn, challenge yourself, and make money!!

Cons

Catered food is always in the office so that proves to be tempting!

April 4, 2017CEO

Thank you for your review, it's so great to hear that you're having fun while learning a lot!

5. "Sage Recruiting"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Sage Recruiting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Since I started working at Sage, I realize that recruitment can be done so much better. Not only have I learned how to foster relationships with both candidates and clients alike, I have learned that I am a vital cog in someones job search. The Sage mentality of not sending mass mail is unique and certainly something that candidates appreciate. There is a true sense of quality over quantity. In addition to that, the office space is fantastic and we have an open and collaborative working environment where ideas and suggestions are encouraged.

Cons

Sitting very near to the beer keg from Monday to Friday can be very distracting, especially in the summer!

August 4, 2016CEO

Thank you so much for your review and all your kind words! I hope you enjoy the beer! ;-)

6. "Sage Recruiting"

I have been working at Sage Recruiting

Pros

Sage is a really great company to work for. The office space is beautiful, there are interesting clients to work with, and the philosophy of putting people first is truly unique. In an industry that is known to focus on "volume" at the exclusion of quality, Sage has discovered the secret sauce and knows that at its core recruitment is about people. Sage is growing and I'd recommend anyone interested in joining the team to apply.

Cons

Lots of pizza, but who can really complain about that?!

August 4, 2016CEO

Thank you for your review! So glad you're happy working at Sage and value our commitment to working for the candidate!

7. "Best Account Management Position and Supportive Team"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Sage Recruiting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sage does a lot of thing differently in the recruitment industry including the way they work with their staff. I took the job because the commission structure is the best I have seen on the market. But their are so many other factors. Our managers actually trust and value us. They work closely with us and provide constant feedback. We have flexible working hours and unlimited vacation so everyone is well rested and ready to hit the ground running everyday. Because it is a small company you are able to influence decisions easily and have a say in the way we will shape ourselves as a business. The office space is beautiful- views of CN tower, open work space, and keg on tap. Best decision I have ever made!

Cons

We are located in Liberty Village so it could be difficult to access without a car coming from a GO Train. Otherwise their is plenty of transit stops near by. The keg is sometimes empty

August 4, 2016CEO

Thanks for your review of Sage!

8. "Revolutionizing Recruitment"

I have been working at Sage Recruiting full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is no other place like Sage. This company revolves around changing how recruitment works and it starts all the way from the roots. All employees are trained in ways that suite their learning styles. There's a level of companionship that brings the team together in a way that most companies don't have because they are too focused on the numbers. Sage takes pride in their people, their work, and their ability to still be down to earth and have fun.

Cons

Sometimes the office get's too hot, but that's ok, makes me feel like I'm in California.

August 4, 2016CEO

So glad you're happy at Sage and that you help us to take pride in people and their work! You make the culture great!

"The recruitment company that finally does things differently"

I have been working at Sage Recruiting full-time

Pros

Sage does things differently. It is probably the most software development focused company in Toronto. In depth technology training ensures that recruiters understand what and who it is that they are looking for. The culture here mimics that of the types of companies we work with: collaborative, fun, diverse, and people-focused. Oh and unlimited vacation!

Cons

The beer tap sometimes is empty by Friday :(

August 4, 2016CEO

So glad you're happy at Sage and understand that we really do things differently. Thanks for helping make our culture great!

"Sage Recruiting is a GREAT place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Sage Recruiting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent management that is willing to take the time to train you and improve your skills. Great culture that rewards hard work but is flexible to work with your schedule. Endless possibilities in terms of growth and earnings.

Cons

Too much office pizza, but is that a con?

August 4, 2016CEO

So glad you're happy at Sage, thanks for being an integral part of our team!

Found 12 reviews