SYKES Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

SYKES President & CEO Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes
1,333 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "It can be a little tricky to maintain customer service scores but it is nothing major(in 79 reviews)

• "I have nothing but good things to say about my time I have been with sykes but I've always enjoyed call center work(in 72 reviews)

1. "BEST CALL CENTER I'VE EVER WORKED FOR - GREAT PROGRESSION"

Technical Support in Shannon

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

fun environment, made friends, great training provided, i got promoted to supervisor of the floor within two years even though i never had any call center experience before i came to sykes. Sykes is not for some people but it is for people who put the work in - people who do this will really enjoy their time working for sykes

Cons

like any call center it can be stresssful at times and busy but once the day is over you leave all that behind in work.

Advice to Management

communicate with team better, create more fun things to do in the office to keep up morale!

SYKES2011-08-12
  2. "Enjoyable place to work, despite redundancies"

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Shannon

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great teams and floor supervisors. Inclusive culture.

Cons

Poor business outlook, ultimately resulting in the movement of an entire contract overseas.

SYKES2016-05-03
  3. "Good for starting out in customer service"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SYKES for less than a year

Pros

Working Monday to Friday on a rooster from 7 to 5.30.

Cons

No development possibilities No clear management directives Vendor: lower than average salary for the industry

SYKES2015-07-17
  4. "Ok to work for a while"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Shannon

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good salary and good relocation package but you must stay more than 9 months to don't pay it back

Cons

Some managers should change job. Half of the management was family related!!!

Advice to Management

Change some of you

SYKES2013-04-03
  5. "Nice experience. Friendly environment, I've enjoyed the most of time here."

SYKES In SHANNON IS Good for A Starting Point in Shannon

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

The multicultural environments, there are people from the whole Europe. Account managers who are helpful and respectful (maybe the ones I have are not the same so bad described by other commentors).

Cons

No chance of career development. You can stay here one year in order to get the experience for a new job after. The location is rather far from lively places (20 km from Ennis or from Limerick), so you should arrange an accomodation in the small Shannon town.

Advice to Management

I've no advice to give them. Maybe you can pay something more the employees, so you won't see such flux of coming and leaving people.

SYKES2011-09-26
  6. "Over all it was great"

I worked at SYKES

Pros

I can see that a lot of people are writing negative comments, many of these former employers. This company is great if you are looking to "start" your career! If you are already qualified you should know that this is an entry level position type of company. They offer great training, they give you experience in a call centre environment something that is becomming a neccessity in applying for jobs now, they offer... excellent benefits and a good working environment.

Cons

The cons are if you are senior with experience you won't like it! It would be similar to repeating baby school after high school! All of you with your negative comments on the company you are being unfair. You took the job, you were not forced into it and no it is not slavery when you get paid and have the free will to leave. People starting their career need opportunities like this.

Advice to Management

Check this site more often and the people who give negative reviews, give them negative references!

SYKES2011-09-13

"Stay far away!!!"

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

The people at ground level are fun to work with as long as they have been hired for the right reasons and not just their language

Cons

Top office management are lazy, indecisive, uncaring and unprofessional. Everyone is a number. There is a 3 year pay freeze, close to minimum wage salary and no thanks for the hard work. Very unprofessional environment.

Advice to Management

Close the site down and move all the business to Cairo where they have no clue how to manage a call centre operation.

SYKES2011-09-12

"a joke"

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

sick pay after six months. maternity pay.

Cons

no vision, managers could not manage the way from a paper bag. In the few years i work here progression is nearly non exist. It looks like the managers are writing the reviews. outlook for Sykes Shannon is bad. money is probably as low as it can ge we have pay freeze since i start. most people i know want to leave.

Advice to Management

increase the money.

SYKES2011-09-11

"Only stay to work for Sykes, Ireland, maximun for 2 months."

Technical Support in Shannon

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Just to get the technical expertiese and fun. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cons

Very poor managment. Eventhough it's a multilingual calling centre, most of the super-visors are Irish and fail to understand how most of the European markets work, such as Germany. No possibility for advancement The managment is pressuring you to the point you fail to do your job.

Advice to Management

I have nothing to add, because I believe that all these years, the previous employees provided them with feedback but they choose to do nothing about it.

SYKES2011-01-18

"Chaos"

IT Support in Shannon

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Paycheck on time. Nice people working there.

Cons

Very bad management. No communications between managers. Facilities onsite are poor. Bad canteen.

Advice to Management

Just hire some managers with better skills

SYKES2010-04-29