SITA Reviews

3.9
SITA CEO Barbara Dalibard
Barbara Dalibard
Pros
Cons
  • "The senior management team is personality driven (and not in a good way)(in 22 reviews)

• "Stifling burocracy and slow or non-existant decision making(in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"4 years of experience at SITA"

Former Employee - Developer in Letterkenny

I worked at SITA full-time for more than a year

Pros

international mix and good social environment

Cons

can's say anything negative about thme

November 4, 2019Employee Experience consultant

Hello, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that during your time with us, you enjoyed the diversity present at SITA. We wish you all the best for your career.

2. "Graduate Progam"

5.0

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

Good Salary and Annual Leave, benefits include Private Healthcare. Professional and Friendly Environment to learn from highly experienced and educated staff.

Cons

Graduates could be given a better platform to project their ideas and innovation

March 5, 2019Employee Experience Consultant

Thanks for your 5-star review. We’re glad to hear your positive views on our salary and benefits. We agree that we have a great organization made up of highly talented people and do our best to provide them with amazing opportunities. We’d also like to thank you for your feedback on how we can allow graduates to share their ideas and be more innovative. We’d love to hear any specific suggestions you may have relating to this. Please feel free to reach out to us with further comments/feedback at welisten@sita.aero.

"Senior Manager"

2.0

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

Good people who really want to turn things around Vast knowledge For me it provided great opportunities....for a while.

Cons

has become a negative work environment with many people having lost their believe in a turnaround after many, many reorganisations. It could be such an amazing company working in a very interesting field but somehow SITA never manages to change despite so many attempts. It always remains where it is slow, risk averse, no vision and unwilling to follow-through. It doesn't develop its people, hence, the same leadership spins the same ideas year in and year out.

February 7, 2020Employee Experience consultant

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad that you found the right opportunities to grow during your time with us. We understand your opinion and we are sorry to read that for you, our environment did not fulfil your expectation. We wish you all the best for your career.

4. "Relaxed atmosphere"

I have been working at SITA full-time

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff, flexible

Cons

Very difficult to get promotion

April 1, 2019Employee Experience Consultant

Hi and thanks for your review. We’re glad you feel we have a relaxed atmosphere with friendly staff and flexibility. We’re sorry you’re finding it difficult to get a promotion. We’d encourage you to discuss with your manager and reach out to your HR Country Manager to discuss options. Alternatively, please feel free to reach out to us at welisten@sita.aero.

5. "Had to fill out this form to see the salaries"

I have been working at SITA full-time

Pros

1 hour for lunch so plenty of time to fill out forms.

Cons

In fairness though am not spending my whole lunch on this

6. "Reasonable place to work"

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

Flexible working times and team bonding events

Cons

No visibility of other teams possibly doing similar work.

March 16, 2018Head of Employee Experience

Thanks for your feedback it helps us to make changes for the better. I wish you the best of luck in your future career.

7. "Good place to work"

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

Lots going on for production teams, some interesting technology . Decent benefits and since its a developer base everyone is very technical.

Cons

Things move at a snails pace at times

March 28, 2017SVP, Human Resources

Hi and thank you for leaving your comments. I believe that we work in an exciting business area that is extremely competitive, fast-paced and constantly changing. You just can’t get bored. And yes, some processes are faster than others, but I believe, we are working in the right direction to change that. I wish you the best in all of your future endeavors.

8. "SITA"

5.0
    Software Engineer in Letterkenny
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at SITA

Pros

Great Place to work/ good work life balance Competitive salary Friendly and knowledgeable staff

Cons

None that I can think of, overall great place to work.

February 6, 2017SVP, Human Resources

Hi and thanks for your review. I’m glad to hear that you are enjoying working with us. Let me take this opportunity to wish you much success as you continue to build a great career at SITA.

9. "software developer"

Senior Software Engineer in Letterkenny

I have been working at SITA for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance. Good team members.

Cons

in some projects we do not get much technical work.

"Jobs for the boys"

2.0
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Letterkenny

I have been working at SITA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you get onto the right project it is a fantastic place to learn, paid education if you will. If your even luckier again and get into one of the clique teams then your socializing habits and alcohol tolerance will go through the roof! Salary is good to start off with if you come in at a good rate but don't expect it to change...ever. Management reward talent with promotions, the only problem is that talent means somebody 'in the clique'. Nepotism is rife in some offices. You'll get to do a bit of travel along the way if you like that sort of thing.

Cons

Management are 10 years behind the curve. Senior development, architecture and hr managers are in bed with each other...literally. If you don't comply to their archaic methods your a lost soul. General atmosphere in most offices is that of dissatisfaction. Any good people leave and are replaced by juniors/grads/contractors who in turn leave when they figure the place out and the cycle continues. Alcohol abuse is rife in one office in particular.

Found 548 reviews