Robert Walters Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4.2
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great team environment, with incentives which help to create a fun working environment (in 28 reviews)

• Very good training from start to finish of your time there (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is really encouraged (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours, especially in the early days (in 25 reviews)

1. "Fantastic company to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Company Culture
    - Clear Career Path
    - Great incentives
    - Office Location
    - Team Based Structure
    - Excellent Training

Cons

- Days can be quite long although they are very fulfilling

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Excellent place to work"

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of Autonomy
    Excellent management who are extremely helpful. Great training programmes in place
    Excellent atmosphere around the office
    Lots of Incentives

Cons

Fully content with everything so far!

3. "Endless Opportunities, Very Rewarding"

Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities are endless here. The management team do so much to progress you in your career. The atmosphere is the office is fantastic and very team oriented. So much support and guidance and reward.

Cons

Some may find the hours long but management are great at recognising and rewarding that it makes it all relevant. Work life balance is really encouraged

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, great place to work

"Robert Walters - Dublin"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Robert Walters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent training and support through out my 2 years at Robert Walters
    - Great people that work for each other in a collective team environment
    - A well known brand that is recognised and respected in the market
    - International opportunities for top performers
    - Frequent incentives and social events
    - Overall, a great place to work and develop your career in recruitment

Cons

- work life balance could be better

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. "Back office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Robert Walters (More than 3 years)

Pros

Workplace environment and culture. Staff incentives. Travel and career opportunities.

Cons

None that I can think of

"Current employee with very positive outlook on the business"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined the business as a very green graduate not sure what I wanted to do and 100% feel that I have landed on my feet here in RW. The support you receive from fellow team members and management is fantastic and your ideas are encouraged and developed. The sky is your limit in RW and as long as you work hard you are rewarded. I would highly recommend RW as a business and am very happy here! Recruitment isn't easy, it's hard slog, long hours and things don't always go your way but if you are willing to put in the graft, RW Dublin is a great place to work!

Cons

Sometimes people forget how lucky we are to work in such a great environment..not every agency is as supportive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! Continue to encourage and develop new starters and build strong teams. We are lucky to work in such a fantastic place!

"Great Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lovely place to work, I can talk to 98% of the company about anything and everything - which is great for office-wide banter and the overall atmosphere of the place.
    They train everyone with the same tools so it is up to you how well you do and if you're working hard and actually trying you can do well.
    They are always supportive for any questions or problems you might have. Which is handy if you're brand new to recruitment and unsure of what it is you're actually meant to be doing.
    Long-Term viewing: great place to grow a career, they want you to stay and become successful.
    If you are thinking about recruitment this company is the best of the best. It promotes working with as opposed to against your colleagues and follows through with it's calibre of employee. This doesn't necessarily mean you like every single person in the office but if you like 9/10 people you work with, that's a good place to be!

Cons

Long hours - 8:30 to 6pm which can be gruelling some days but when you actually like the workplace it feels a lot shorter!
    Fast-Paced- you will be busy. This is not a job where you can pass the day playing solitaire on your computer or having 30 minute 'tea breaks', you will constantly be emailing or on the phone while running to a meeting but the variety of everyday will really make you end every day feeling accomplished.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!
    Highlighting everyone's good work on Friday wrap-ups really makes all the hard work worth it!

9. "Amazing Company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Pros

I have worked for Robert Walters Dublin for a couple of months now and I can honestly say I really enjoy coming into work every morning, I started here with very little experience and with the help of the amazing management and staff I feel like I am progressing day by day .This was my first office based job and was quite nervous starting but the lovely atmosphere in the office along with all the staff made it so easy , I couldn't rate this company high enough and it is an absolute pleasure to work here .

Cons

I have no cons all good pros

Advice to Management

Management here at Robert Walters are great from the top down every one I have met from the Dublin offices to all the global offices have been fantastic, really helpful and most of all very approachable and easy to talk to. I find working with the management here at the Dublin office very enjoyable .

"Hard work , good craic"

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can earn big and I have done well here.
    Trips overseas to other offices
    Central location
    It's easy to talk to management
    Good craic and banter in the office

Cons

Targets mean you can feel a bit under pressure but I knew it was a sales job getting into it
    Bonus is at your managers discretion so don't know what you are going to get but I've always done alright
    Longish hours

Advice to Management

Bring back the office massage that was great and more free food
    More fIexi hours

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Pros

there are no pro's to this company.

Cons

This company actually got me where I want to be now, however there are other avenues I could have explored but I was very unaware of what was ahead of me. You are constantly compared to top billers, who some may have 8 years industry experience more than you and have experience within the market they recruit for.
    You are given unrealistic targets to achieve, in recruitment the name of the game is to bring in money and make placements, in RW the name of the game is to be two faced and be a KPI God because that's what will convert, I had months of consistent KPI's and I still was in trouble each month.
    They diminish any bit of confidence, innovation, drive you have and mould you into the confidence and drive they want you to have.
    Work life balance does not exist there.
    The progression is only available to you if you have €€€€€ behind your name. If you are ruthless, selfish and no soul you will do well here, if you are genuine, self aware, hard working, and a team player, you won't do well here. There are plenty of other agencies in Dublin that are straight to the point with your bonus structure etc, its not rocket science, you get rewarded in other agencies, go there.

Advice to Management

if you're good at recruiting, stay at recruiting, stop pushing people into people management roles when they don't have the people management ability, or communication skills.

Robert Walters Response

29 Jan 2016 – Robert Walters

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, however I am very sorry to hear that you didn’t experience any positives throughout your time with us. In relation to some of your points I would like... More