Rite Aid Store Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Heyward Donigan
  1. "Loved my job"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Portland, MI

I worked at Rite Aid part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Just want part time

Cons

It was hard to find employees to hire

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect

Rite Aid2020-01-20
  2. "The Worst Experience in my Career"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Store management has autonomy over merchandising Corporate doesn't breathe down your neck if all is going well

Cons

A complete and utter lack of support from corporate and district leadership Difficult to get building maintenance issues repaired Nigh-impossible to hire and retain employees Dismal wages

Advice to Management

Rite Aid's corporate leadership is embarrassingly out of touch with their in-store employees. Lots of stores are in constant crisis because of high turnover, and starting wages are so low it's impossible to keep new hires onboard. Senior leadership's answer to this is a resounding yawn, and all blame for any issues is placed upon the store manager. I was promoted to store manager last year, and ran a store for six months, and it was the most miserable time of my career. I inherited a disaster, and couldn't fix it because half of the staff quit and I wasn't able to replace them. So I left too, and I'm not the only one to have this experience. All I can say to Rite Aid is good luck; they're going to need it.

Rite Aid2020-01-24

"No work, life balance"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Cons

Hard to keep the store staffed with dependable associates. Hard to keep up with the demands of company without working every day.

Advice to Management

Do away with some tedious tasks that really aren’t important to the business...such as S.A.M.S. , cut the profit planner ends down to just the drive aisles, get rid of side wings, and above all cut your losses and get the liquor and electronics out of the stores.

Rite Aid2019-11-18
  4. "Company on the decline"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Rite Aid full-time

Pros

Hours have potential to be flexible

Cons

Lack of hours to use to actually assist customers. Corporate management is disconnected from actual stores and what we had to do

Rite Aid2019-11-06
  5. "Good training programs"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Rite Aid full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good bonus and fair annual raise.

Cons

Long hours and working holidays.

Advice to Management

Invest in retaining employees through better benefits and work life balance.

Rite Aid2019-10-23
  6. "Corporate is horrible"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Seattle, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great store team. Friendly enough customers.

Cons

Trying to get a promotion or raise is impossible. I have been waiting 3 months for my change in pay, and am not receiving the retro pay I was told I would. Corporate seems to think this is normal, and that everyone has to go through it. Lack of competitive pay, or any real assistance from corporate, but high expectations.

Rite Aid2019-10-19
  7. "good place"

Current Employee - Rite Aid Store Manager

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always ways to move up in the company if you work for it

Cons

Pay isn't great until you can prove yourself

Rite Aid2019-09-16

"Like most of the retail businesses, Rite Aid is going through tons of crisis"

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Health insurance is not bad Pharmacists are usually very friendly and well educated Can schedule and take the days off as you will most of the time Can buy some good items and unique products on a good discount if they are still available when they go 75% off

Cons

Work your butt off, without helping hands, without safety gloves, waist belts or any equipment Job is really really broken body hard almost like a labor and tires you that after going home you just want to rest so you can charge a little for next day Pay is peanuts and increment is minimal No chances to grow and even after promotion pay almost remain the same Overtime is a joke, on your day off you are asked to come to work but then you get paid normal and instead another day off is given Break time is a worse joke, the second you clock out you are asked for help by cashier or customer or pharmacy the list goes on So managers are worse in the whole world, I mean they would have favoritism, they will pull your leg just to make boss hard on you, they will put their faults on you and at times they can even blackmale you or thereton you that if you won't do this I won't all your promotion of transfer I mean come on do I have to tell you every detail, you go the idea company is going in the pretty deep shoot!

Advice to Management

Work on your why? Why would people leave all the then thousands of retailers that sell almost the same come to rite aid? You can't provide first-class customer service if you do not have enough employees in the store you simply cannot don't live in a fantasy world, face the reality Have unique items, and niche market products and sell them on a price they cannot get anywhere else. How about different diet items, like the whole section of keto diet or paleo diet, have tons of sugar-free candies and keto candies and cakes in a whole variety people cannot find anywhere else Have a big section for diabetic people, ADD kids, etc I have shared these a few times before but never heard and still hear top management asking to give ideas but nothing changes Instead of 30% have 50% off days bring people in, tons of people do not even know how Rite Aid stores look like in Short, SELL WHICH NO ONE ELSE IS SELLING if you want to survive

Rite Aid2019-09-13
  9. "Work"

Current Employee - ASM- Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time

Pros

You get to meet new people

Cons

Some customers are not friendly

Rite Aid2019-09-08
  10. "Going Downhill"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Rite Aid full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people I directly work with are still people first, not numbers first.

Cons

The company is on a downward trend and likely to either be bought out or go out of business in the near future. Upper management turnover is alarmingly high. Upper management no longer cares about the people, just the numbers.

Rite Aid2019-09-20