Riot Games Reviews

Updated 10 Aug 2020

3.9
Riot Games CEO Nicolo  Laurent (no image)
Nicolo Laurent
Pros
  • "Riot is a great place for gamers(in 79 reviews)

• "Cares about Rioters: Riot has fantastic perks because they want to keep the talent (that's us) happy(in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • "Increasing politics, not-so-perfect work-life balance(in 65 reviews)

• "I am so glad that I met with other Rioters and asked honest questions to receive honest answers(in 61 reviews)

1. "A company with vision"

Former Employee - Localization project lead in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Riot Games full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Visionary leadership. - Clear company values. - A common language among all employees - An "right at home" feel in any company office. - You are a trusted member of the organization right from the start. - Lived feedback culture. - Great set of company perks. - Friendly and energetic office atmosphere.

Cons

- Hiring generals can lead to long winded meetings - Salary not combative in Dublin - High cost of living in Dublin - Stakeholder feedback on higher levels putting projects on hold which had been in production for a long time, therefore fostering a risk averse perception in employees.

"not as good"

2.0

I have been working at Riot Games full-time

Pros

good exposure to the latest tech and working at large scale

Cons

mired by scandal, cost cutting measures everywhere, too much control from central(los angeles), loudesr voice wins tech discussions

"Culture an Excuse for Poor Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Riot Games full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you love LOL, you will love Riot. If you like autonomy, you will like Riot. Work can be interesting and challenging. Work Life Balance was fine. Some really smart people.

Cons

Some people who thought they were really smart. Cliques of people who succeed. Alpha Male thing going on quite a bit. Sexist and inappropriate behaviour not really dealt with. Too much autonomy. Managers not actually managing or supporting growth.

"Riot Culture does not reach Europe"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Riot Games full-time

Pros

Riot EU: - Working on an amazing game - Occasional events at Riot HQ - Occasional interactions with Riot HQ LoL amazing Dev Team

Cons

- the Riot Values are hardly applied to EU - Political Strifes - Playing games (even LoL) was frowned upon by high management

Continue reading

"A nice place to be as a step stone"

in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Riot Games for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours, nice relaxed environment and a lot of opportunity to learn.

Cons

The guys that are working in LAX office gets a privileged treatment and they are paid more than double than the same position in other offices, providing the same title/mansions. The development of new products has been announced a long time ago but there is no tangible progress and people are demotivated. In addition to that, we actually received a mail encouraging to put reviews in Glassdoor... pretty sad move.

6. "Working at Riot"

I worked at Riot Games

Pros

- One of the most employee focused companies in the world - Very smart people from different backgrounds working there - Everybody is passionate about videogames

Cons

- Sometimes the work/personal life balance can be skewed due to the rapid growth of the company

7. "Great to be here"

I have been working at Riot Games full-time

Pros

Transparency, Autonomy, Empowered, Fair, - Just a few words that come to mind when I think of working at Riot.

Cons

Connection with our central offices could be better - but we are working hard on improving this

"Shift"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Riot Games full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Riot games is a company with a really strong culture and values, and that always fascinate me. I rarely saw in a company that many people so passionate for their job and that is definitely one of the key element of Riot success.

Cons

As it is getting older and most probably because of Tencent(owner), things are changing and Riot is slowly losing its identity, if until one year ago, culture and values were driving the decisions, that is slowly turning into a more business driven decisions.

"Great Product - Poor work/life balance"

I worked at Riot Games full-time for more than a year

Pros

The game is amazing and it's been a pleasure to work on it. The company makes an effort to keep the opportunities open for all employees for new ideas and collaboration. You are surrounded by passionate people, who are truly dedicated to what they do. Overall people with entrepreneurial mindset fit in the best.

Cons

Passion sometimes can also be a con, and here I noticed that it was hurting the work/life balance aspect. It was nearly frowned upon for you to come in on time and walk out of the office on time - crazy work hours were a "social norm".

"Player Support Coordinator"

Current Employee - Player Support Specialist in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Riot Games full-time

Pros

Very flexible company, lot of freedom and benefits

Cons

It's really hard to hire senior managers because of the nature of the company

Found 548 reviews