Reynolds American Territory Manager I Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Ricardo Oberlander

"TMI"

Current Employee - Territory Manager I in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training was a good experience Health benefits Car package Total tobacco vision Fair reputation at retail Coworkers are nice Brands are ok

Cons

Pay doesn't equal workload CE's are a horrible thing for TM's to experience Not a clear vision- shoving products to market No clear priority You get literally 1 path to promotion Limited promotions (takes years usually) Have to be mobile at blink of an eye "Rating" system is a gossip fest behind closed doors

Advice to Management

You will not retain or hire younger candidates with the current situation

Reynolds American2017-11-21

"Territory Manager I =Got Stress?"

Former Employee - Territory Manager I

I worked at Reynolds American full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Car for personal Use - Decent place to start career - Training Seminars Are very good - Not a bad company for the CPG industry - insurance is great

Cons

- Stress is unvelievablel for territory managers... more and more tasks for the same pay? Come on...be serious. - CE's are out of control with expectations.. it's become kind of a joke now and part of the reason I left. - The moving around to get promoted thing is outdated guys... people will just leave and find a better job.

Advice to Management

Wake up. Look at these reviews and how they are trending.. I am a small example of more to come... I left and found a higher paying job with 1/8 the stress and without the unrealistic workload and didn't have to change my entire life to do it. Also... stop calling yourself a sales company when you launch >5 brands in a year.... it's all tasks... not sales.. sales pays commissions and doesn't revolve around a room... where people talk about cool stuff ya did last year and rate you.

Reynolds American2017-08-09
  3. "Territory Manager"

Territory Manager I

I have been working at Reynolds American for more than a year

Pros

benefits, culture, transparency, bonuses, moving in a progressive direction

Cons

ability to move up takes awhile, a lot of politics and who you know

Reynolds American2016-12-16
  4. "It's fantastic so far!"

Territory Manager I in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

Company Car, hours of operation, great culture where they care about you

Cons

I am one month in...none yet

Advice to Management

Keep up the great communication

Reynolds American2016-09-26
  5. "Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager I in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work Life balance was very important when choosing another career opportunity and RJ Reynolds has been amazing with ensuring that I have enough time to get my work and training done while also adjusting to a new place of living, as I relocated for my position. My team ranges in ages and personalities, but each of them have been extremely welcoming and happy to help in my transition.

Cons

I don't really have any cons because I am still new to the RJT family but with a company that is always trying to innovate and lead this industry, you have to be able to adapt and embrace change.

Reynolds American2016-09-19

"Territory manager I"

Current Employee - Territory Manager I in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time

Pros

Benefits, pay, time off, company car, paid travel, great vacation starting balance, yearly bonus, team atmosphere, no cubicle!

Cons

There are very few cons other than the feeling of isolation that can overtake you if you don't reach out to your teammates on a regular basis.

Reynolds American2016-02-18
  7. "Great Career, Must be a Sales-Driven person though"

Current Employee - Territory Manager I in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic benefits, Independent work environment, ability to get out to clients on the ground level

Cons

Low prestige in the locations I worked and territory I was responsible for. Sometimes difficult to get customers to change products

Advice to Management

Devise some new products that compete directly with our main competitors instead of undercutting their prices as a basis for growth.

Reynolds American2015-10-20

"Territory Manager I"

Territory Manager I
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Reynolds American

Pros

Pay, Cell Phone, Internet and Company Car

Cons

Division Managers, Senior Directors, work life balance(Don't say its a monday to friday job then expect the TM's to go home and work till midnight and do it all again the next day.

Advice to Management

Don't allow your managers to decide if the job is for you and have them asking you if it is right. Don't allow your TM's to decide the best route of action for the territory then have DM's and SDR's go around saying everything is terrible when they are there 1 time a month and all they are there to do is criticize you on everything you do. Nothing is ever good enough for this company.

Reynolds American2015-10-17

"AWESOME JOB - MUCH BETTER OUTSIDE OF SALT LAKE CITY!!"

Current Employee - Territory Manager I in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free car, free gas, free insurance, good pay, $9k bonus! Total pay almost $50k w/free car. I am still fairly new but highly recommend staying OUTSIDE OF SALT LAKE CITY! From what I hear this company is awesome, but my manager = not so good; indecisive; try's to micro-manage but fails; if you get the opportunity, take it! Short days, take it easy, just be seen at every visit :)

Cons

Simply the roll of the dice and whether you end up with an awesome manager like some that I have heard about; or a not so awesome manager (i.e. SLC, UT = entirely incapable of leading)!

Advice to Management

Time for some changes in the Salt Lake City Area. Account Management & Division Management! Highly recommended as I believe the two managers collude against employees (my peers feel the same way)!

Reynolds American2015-07-24
  10. "Great Benefits, over worked"

Territory Manager I in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

Great benefits offered at this job, company car, reimbursement on cell phone, internet and car wash. Your given a computer and printer. Medical and dental and vision.

Cons

over worked, it does not stop at 5 and the pay is not that good compared to what the hours you put in. Its hard to advance in this company unless you constantly want to be moving around to wherever they place you.

Reynolds American2015-02-25