Reynolds American Director Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

1. "Solid company"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Winston-Salem, NC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Reynolds American full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

lots of positive challenges and opportunities to shine

Cons

challenges associated with being in tobacco business

Reynolds American2019-02-14
  2. "Top Notch in Every Way"

Current Employee - Director in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for less than a year

Pros

Reynolds American takes great care to recruit top talent and onboard new employees in a way I’ve not experienced in my 20-year career. That means you get the chance to work with smart people who are set up for success. The culture is friendly and supportive and the opportunities from a business and personal development standpoint are profound. The benefits package is generous and the company truly lives the... “great place to work” accolades they’ve received. While Winston-Salem, NC is a smallish city, it has a lot to offer once you get to know it. The new CEO, Ricardo Oberlander is a transformative leader and it’s exciting to hear him talk about the innovative path the company is on. So many people have been here for decades, literally. That’s a testament to the culture, leadership, and real opportunities to grow and shape your career.

Cons

The acquisition by British American Tobacco has certainly ushered in change. While transitions like that always make people uneasy, the overall mood is positive and forward-looking.

Advice to Management

Continue to value the people that are committed to the company and stay transparent.

Reynolds American2018-04-11
  3. "One of the best corporate jobs around"

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I joined RAI more than 10 years ago because I thought it would be an interesting, challenging job. Boy, was it ever. Yes, it's a high-performing culture with high expectations and there's a lot of work, but you do grow and you are well rewarded as other reviewers have said. Mostly, I enjoy the stimulation and working with some terrific people in a very collaborate environment.

Cons

The negative flip side of a dynamic environment like ours is ... lots of change

Advice to Management

Manage down, not just up. People will love you for it and give you their loyalty.

Reynolds American2018-04-10
  4. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Strategic Planning, Director in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay, benefits and people

Cons

Advancement opportunities are scarce because of long tenured upper management

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Reynolds American2017-12-07
  5. "Great Pay and Benefits. Has a Coherent Strategy but Follow-Through Has Been Erratic."

Current Employee - Marketing Director

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay, benefits and commitment to employee development and well being are outstanding. Committed to a diverse workforce. Great opportunity to start on the "ground floor" and work your way up.

Cons

It is the tobacco business, which is in constant decline. While the stated corporate strategy is "Transforming Tobacco" the lion's share of revenue and profits still come from traditional products such as combustible cigarettes and moist snuff. Efforts at innovation are well-intended but so far have not really caught on with consumers.

Advice to Management

Pick a strategy and stick with it.

Reynolds American2016-11-19

"Senior Director"

Senior Director

I have been working at Reynolds American

Pros

I have worked for Reynolds for over 15 years and have never once considered leaving. What has kept me here is the people more than anything. I truly feel that the company cares about my success and my well being. The best part about RJR is that they promote from within. If you put in the effort, you can advance your career and reach your personal goals. Not to mention, the benefits are truly outstanding! But... one of the greatest things about this company is the shared vision of success. The vision translates to all levels which ensures that we are all working toward the same end result.

Cons

I have no complaints about RJR. If I did, I wouldn't be here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I am proud to be a part of this organization and look forward to seeing where the future takes us.

Reynolds American2016-09-24
  7. "Great place to work!"

Director in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American for more than 10 years

Pros

Vibrant culture with great employees. Relevant and interesting research. Opportunities to engage with cross-functional and cross Op-Co. Fast paced. Centered on employee growth and opportunities. Flexible work hours with remote access capabilities. No two days are the same. Change is constant. "Boredom" is not a word that is ever used.

Cons

Challenging deadlines and changing priorities can be a bit stressful. Not enough time for planning; we are very reactionary.

Reynolds American2016-09-18
  8. "Director"

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company to work for. High performance culture with dedicated, talented, passionate employees working to reduce the harm from cigarettes and Transform Tobacco.

Cons

Controversial industry subject to ongoing undeserved criticism.

Reynolds American2016-09-16

"great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

a lot of positive things going on, dynamic work environment , company on a very solid footing for future, they invest in their people, a very high performing culture pay and benefits above average world class tools and training - opportunity to advance

Cons

tobacco industry has a lot of negative perceptions most of which not valid - legal industry - operating very ethically

Advice to Management

keep it going important as Susan Cameron will be leaving soon, but I think leadership team behind her is very solid poised to continue great things

Reynolds American2016-04-01

"Great Place to Work"

Director in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Reynolds American for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible hours, great work environment and challenging work.

Cons

Many employees have a sense of entitlement.

Reynolds American2015-09-30