Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals President, CEO, and Director Leonard S. Schleifer
Leonard S. Schleifer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance for managers is getting worse" (in 31 reviews)

• "No work/life balance, except for the upper management" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"What a Change a CIO Makes!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Tarrytown, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Tarrytown, NY (US)

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In a biotech - IT is so critical. Technology leadership has to align with all the things that make the company so unique, creative and productive. And with the new CIO, IT is pumped and high-energy, and finally evolving at a pace to truly partner with our business!

Cons

Not anymore - IT is a great place to be again

Advice to Management

Please keep IT productive, evolving and excited. You need us, we want to deliver for you and we need this CIO to do it.

"Awesome company to work for"

Current Employee - Clinical in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Clinical in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family feel. Company really looks after employees, celebrates successes and very generous compensation package and holidays.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Best Employer only for US, Ireland site is bad and Unethical"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Limerick, Co. Limerick

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Food
    Good People
    27 days leaves
    Good Science in US, great medicines

Cons

Managers and Directors in Ireland Unethical.
    Majority Managers and Directors Politically driven and not Science Driven.
    Play politics or get fired.
    Specialist/Associate/Engineer/Scientist treated as Slaves.
    Psychologically not a safe place to work.
    Depression common among workers.
    None of Regeneron policies followed by some Managers and Directors.
    Directors and Managers say vote positive in best employer poll or leave the organisation.
    Join if u like politics or stay away.

Advice to Management

Dear Management in US, hope your great science gets continued here in Ireland and we Irish people also get to work in a good working environment as in US site.

"Review"

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

27 days anual leave, free breakfast on fridays

Cons

Everything else about the company.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your employees. A lot more resources needed in most departments. Impossible deadlines given to employees with no guidance. Workload is impossible to keep up with but nobody seems to care.

"Exhausted - nothing is ever enough"

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits like health insurance lots of annual leave and dental.

Cons

Where to start... there are cameras on you all day. Working 60 hr weeks every week if you are lucky. Huge pressure put people to meet impossible deadlines. Terrible systems. Management who are rude, loud and control freaks.

Advice to Management

Hire better management. Work life balance must be considered. Have realistic goals. Stop spying on people with the cameras.

"Poor work life balance"

Current Employee - QC Analyst in Limerick, Co. Limerick
    Current Employee - QC Analyst in Limerick, Co. Limerick

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

27 days annual leave, health care, dental care.

Cons

Poor work life balance, promotions go to wrong people

Advice to Management

Value employees mental health

"Vibrant rewarding culture"

Current Employee - Engineer in Limerick, Co. Limerick
    Current Employee - Engineer in Limerick, Co. Limerick

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people, great teamwork, excellent benefits and highly rewarding, fresh new company mindset, on-site gym, daily exercise classes, flexible work schedule, huge learning opportunities, good managers, good social events

Cons

It’s a new start up operation and it is busy. There are lots of new people joining each week so the site is still growing and expanding. No real cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Great job getting the place set up in record time

"Wouldnt recommend"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Limerick, Co. Limerick
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Limerick, Co. Limerick

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are great
    Perks are good.

Cons

Overall I wouldn’t recommend working in Regeneron. I spent 6 months there and got very little job satisfaction. The people who work there are great. Really enjoyed them. But I didn’t enjoy the work.
    Regeneron are basically copying a plant from in the U.S and rebuilding it over to Ireland. From an engineering perspective the plant in the states is built very badly so we were replicating these mistakes and due to time constraints couldn’t fix the issues. You can’t question this approach; you either comply or get out. People who are compliant get promoted, non-compliant people are pushed to the side even if their views are correct.
    The control system they are copying is very badly designed and difficult to modify. There is no batch so recipes are changed by manually changing parameters. The managers don’t understand the risks of manually changing recipes
    Overall the company is great for Limerick. There investing a massive amount of money in the area and its creating employment so I wish them every success. They seem to be a great scientific company but there not good at manufacturing.

"Constant deadlines and pressure"

Current Employee - Biotech Production Specialist in Limerick, Co. Limerick
    Current Employee - Biotech Production Specialist in Limerick, Co. Limerick

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not much anymore some free clothes and sweets at company events

Cons

There is a constant push to get more five every day, it is never enough. It used to be because it was a start up but now it is just extremely unrealistic expectations. There is to much work to be done and not enough people to do it so you got to skip breaks and stay late for no thanks or recognition. The environment inside there is completely toxic with people trying to impress management at the cost of their colleagues as favouritism is rampant inside where it matters more to go drinking with your boss then doing your work

Advice to Management

Slowdown as the pace is getting too much and get more people in as there is not enough to be running multiple process areas at once. Also roll out a clear progression program that you are willing to follow not a half assed leylines program that doesn't apply to raheen.

"Not a nice place to work- At all."

Former Employee - Engineer in Limerick, Co. Limerick
    Former Employee - Engineer in Limerick, Co. Limerick

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got to work with sociopaths daily, I now reckon I can identify them real easy and ultimately avoid working for them in future. Got to work with over eager under experienced college grads who were immediately brainwashed by free breakfasts on Fridays and cheesecake at "all hands" meetings. Well done you guys!

Cons

Horrible culture, bitter disrespectful and rude management right from the top down to director level, just below director level you'll find a layer of yes men and women labelled managers with their tongues up directors rear ends. Most in fairness understand the tech pretty well, however people skills seem to have evaded them. Offices are terrible, your literally on top of each other and constant disruption to your work is guaranteed and seemingly encouraged! If you are proud of creating good work do not work here, it is near impossible to have 5 minutes peace to think your work through. There are a lot of unauthentic people working there who will put up with the crap for the status they get,as they simply wouldn't be at that level anywhere decent.

Advice to Management

Please stay in Regeneron, that way our paths shall not cross again.