Rapid7 Employee Reviews about "rapid7"

Updated Nov 29, 2021

Found 80 of over 513 reviews

4.4
Rapid7 President and Chief Executive Officer Corey E. Thomas
Corey E. Thomas
Pros
  • "Rapid7 invests a lot of money to keep their teams morale high(in 60 reviews)

• "They have great work-life balance(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance is sometimes a bit skewed(in 30 reviews)

• "Can't think of anything that is specific to Rapid7(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "rapid7"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

great company!

Nov 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rapid7 has been great to work for. Tons of opportunities and amazing people working together day in and day out!

Cons

Really none as of now!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great engineering culture

Nov 29, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some really bright people to work alongside. The stock can pay off at higher levels.

Cons

The base pay is relatively poor. Even with RSUs, compensation can be dwarfed by other companies of similar engineering talent. Promotion(s) can also be arbitrary or based on a lot of game playing although this isn't limited to Rapid7.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Sep 30, 2021 - Technical Product Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

*.I have worked in different companies varying in industries and cultures, Rapid7 is definetly the best culture I have worked for. Not just because everyone is positive and driven but because they also get work done so it's a great balance. * Rapid7 has unlimited vacation days which shows how much they trust their employees * Compensation wise Rapid7 is average or above average * They have great work-life balance

Cons

* It is at an awkward time now where we have a lot of great products but not well integrated so it is at a transitional time from being a medium sized company to being an enterprise. * No RRSP retirement plan or matching from employer

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company, amazing culture and brilliant investment in the platform

Sep 11, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rapid7 seem to hire very well with a great bunch of people all happy to help one another. The tech is great… and continually being invested in which is fully focused on our customer outcomes. Exciting time to be part of Rapis7 as we become a household name in security.

Cons

Growth can hinder some of the basics when it comes to investing in the tools. Some areas of our traditional tooling need some added focus, rather than the new shiny things. More investment in channel needed outside our core partners.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

awesome employee culture, fast paced

Sep 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the welcoming, supportive and upbeat vibe from everyone that was around me. Tech is great, I'd be proud to work there and represent the Rapid7 brand as a respected name in the security industry. CEO is a great visionary and I respect his leadership style.

Cons

corporate culture is great, but working in sales org you need to persevere through different strong personalities and difference of opinions.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Aug 6, 2021 - Software Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rapid7 really values their culture & diversity. Given this you have an office full of friendly, smart people The tech stack for the product I work on is interesting which leads to really interesting projects as an engineer.

Cons

Can't think of anything that is specific to Rapid7. All the cons I can think of you would have at any company this size, or potentially even worse.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Salary

Apr 24, 2021 - Account Executive in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rapid7 has a great office

Cons

This is a demanding job

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Place to Work

Apr 4, 2021 - Workplace Experience Coordinator in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rapid7 is a great work environment and community. I had an amazing boss when I was there who was extremely supportive. My job put me in a position where I interacted with all the different teams at Rapid7 and everyone was extremely welcoming and friendly. Also great benefits and general work/life balance understanding and support.

Cons

The Boston office is large (700 + employees), so if you do not enjoy large workplaces it may be overwhelming.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Be Careful

Mar 31, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great sales training and they know their product, market, and strategy very well. They care a lot about your success (almost to a fault). Great product in the industry and well regarded individuals powering their products today.

Cons

You're going to be heads down working 60 - 80 hour weeks for at least 7 months. Unless you started there out of college, they are going to look at you funny and think that you don't know how to sell. They will gaslight you into you sell the "right way". Even then they will continually put you down and make you feel worthless. Even if you do exactly what they say, they will tell you that you are "stupid" and "not understanding it fast enough". They will want to test you and hope you leave so they don't have to fire you. There are thousands of technology companies people can work for and I have seen many people leave Rapid7 in under 2 years. That is not a great sign and something any job seeker should look out for. Actions speak louder than words.

11 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to work

Feb 23, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rapid7 has a very friendly office culture.

Cons

Parking at Austin Office is tough for new hires.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 80 Reviews