REI Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.8
REI Systems President & CEO Veer Bhartiya
Veer Bhartiya

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work with very good people, REI has good culture of growing, the company has flexible hours for their employees, 40 hours of professional development" (in 18 reviews)

• "Nice, friendly employees, bagels on Friday's, professional development" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance could be better, can be stubborn to grow or try new tech (team specific)" (in 5 reviews)

• "Lack of core working hours, so that folks can plan their daily activities better" (in 8 reviews)

""Good Company""

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Pune (India)

I have been working at REI Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For more than 3 years working with REI. I always get the chance to work according to my interest area. Environment is good for developers.

Cons

Infrastructure limitations due to medium scale company compare to MNC. But much better compared to other startups.

2. "I have joined the REI Systems India office and it’s been 5 years with this company."

I have been working at REI Systems full-time

Pros

You will get to work with all types of technologies under well experience seniors. Currently Sales-force is doing very good.

Here, you will learn how to tackle all the complex problems in short period of time.

One of the great initiative is the Internal Training session like AWS, Angular, etc. are taken to excel the current employees knowledge. This is done at no additional cost.

All the office staff is very co-operative starting from the higher to junior level. There were couple of negative headed but they don't exist in the company now. :)

There are monthly Birthday celebration, Team Outing every 6 months and Annual RNR, cultural activities and indoor games.

I am surprised by the negative comments which are added by the Ex-Employees because I was working with them directly.
    Basically, if you are an Egoist and not prepared to change or adapt, there is no company in the world which will entertain you for even 1%. This is what I personally feel. I will be feeling pity on the people who would be taking this as a negative point. haha.

I have been working with the offshore folks (REI Systems US) and it is still a very nice humble journey with them.

Best thing is the location and ample of food joints nearby.

Cons

You have to wait late or come on Saturday. It is one of a time.

Advice to Management

Don’t drive the office with the mood you carry. A smile at the day start can make everyone comfortable to work the entire day.

"Awesome company to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I have been working at REI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am associated with REI Systems India from last 2.5 years. I alwayz get the chance to work according to my interest area. The culture is very good. Very nice team to work with.Top management also listen the concerns (if you have any) and quickly come up with the solutions. Very good experience so far.

Cons

Nothing came to my way so far.

4. "Good environment to work"

I worked at REI Systems full-time

Pros

Free environment to work, supportive Managment.

Cons

Overall good, but onsite opportunities are low.

"Bad culture. Unprofessional."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA (US)

I worked at REI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like getting disrespected and insulted.
    If you like working for 12-14 hrs a day without pay past 5pm.

Cons

They think that playing mind games with people is the way to optimum productivity.
    They simply suck in every possible way you could imagine.

Advice to Management

Have some manners when you talk to employees. We are there to work not to be your slaves.
    Don't be deceptive. People see through your tricks even if you don't realize it.

6. "Positive and inspiring place to work"

I have been working at REI Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Positive and inspiring place to work. A group of intelligent and collaborative individuals who all want to make the world a better place. A place where you constantly feel motivated to do your best work and encouraged to seek out innovative solutions. A family atmosphere that makes you happy to call this your place of work.

Cons

Work is challenging and high quality is expected.

7. "Unlike any other"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA (US)

I have been working at REI Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing colleagues, great culture, real work-life balance, game room, basketball court, potlucks, a ton of company events and great employee events, bagels on Fridays at HQ, good leadership, great support, genuine people, a true agile company finally, strong transparent communication from leadership, everyone is very accessible and helpful. It is truely a real family.

Cons

real smart people work here...they might find out soon I'm not that smart :)
    Compensation is below market but all the perks make up for it.

Advice to Management

please stay true to yourself and don't lower your standards. keep believing and investing in your people

8. "Open to Opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Sterling, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Test Engineer in Sterling, VA (US)

I have been working at REI Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1) They promote cross functionality. If there is something that you’re interested in doing, REI Systems will help you move to that position. This includes training assistance and cost reimbursement.
    2) Some managers and business units are very open to new ideas and ways of doing things.
    3) Some of the best people I’ve ever met work here. The atmosphere is very friendly. I’ve met friends here that I now hang out with all the time.
    4) If you have complaints or issues, REI Systems really values the feedback and works to improve relations with employees wherever possible. They actively seek out feedback through many different ways.
    5) There is a lot of support for you here. If you need coaching for personal and professional life, you can find that here. There is a lot of help if you just ask and stay engaged.
    6) The managers (including executives) have an open office policy. If you want to talk to someone about something, just reach out and do it.

Cons

1) Some teams and managers are very much stuck in the “we’ve always done it this way” mentality. If you are put onto one of these teams, REI Systems will help you change if you ask.
    2) The benefits package has been steadily declining over the years. It’s still good, but it used to be better.
    3) If you don’t know how to say no, some managers will try to demand overtime out of you. Fortunately, if you do know how to say no, then this won’t be a problem.
    4) Some managers overpromise to the customers before the team is even put together and then the team has to pull extra weight to make the project a success.

9. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Assositae Software Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Assositae Software Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at REI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Company and infrastructure. Very supportive.

Cons

Nothing bad. All is well. Just awesome experience.

10. "Great company to be associated with"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Sterling, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Sterling, VA (US)

I worked at REI Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture. Great people.

Cons

Risk averse senior management. Expensive health insurance.