Quicken Loans Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.7
Quicken Loans CEO Jay Farner
Jay Farner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "upbeat and energetic work environment" (in 129 reviews)

• "QL is a great place to work for with a great culture" (in 107 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work life balance 50-70 hour work week" (in 211 reviews)

• "Long hours, no work life balance" (in 228 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"So many growth opportunities!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The possibilities really are endless in terms of advancing your career here. I started out as an intern straight out of college, was able to shadow other areas of Marketing to discover what I was truly interested in and when an opportunity opened up in HR (which wasn't a business area on my radar) I jumped at the chance to learn a very niche type of marketing! You are easily connected to team members throughout the company, which invites a very open and inclusive culture. My team is my favorite part of coming to work - they've become my best friends and make every day a blast here. I'm also very supported in balancing my home life and receive excellent benefits. I've been here for almost three years now and couldn't think of a better place to kick-start my career!

Cons

Echoing another review here - you truly just have to be willing and open to growing and adapting to change as the company continues to improve upon it's processes and technologies. Growth and change is far superior to being stagnant.

21 Dec 2018 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad that you enjoy working here just as much as we do. We take pride in our team member experience and we hope to hear more great... More

"DO NOT WORK HERE (5 stars so it doesn’t get buried)"

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- nice office
    - make some good friends

that’s literally it. this place sucks.

Cons

Horrible company to work for. Their sales tactics are overly pushy and questionable, and the people who run the company are all bros that peaked in college (more on this to come).

During my time here, I had multiple “leaders” and I was instructed to mislead clients into options that had no benefit. You sell on their ignorance. If a client doesn’t realize they’re losing money over 30 years, you sell it. You’ll be told to sell the worst loans so your leaders can win competitions.

You’re not allowed to leave your desk - sometimes they bring in breakfast, lunch AND dinner so you stay at your desk and on the phones all day. Recently i was off the phone for 30 minutes and the regional director asked where i was - i was eating lunch and once i was done my team had a meeting on why it’s not acceptable to leave the phones that long.

“Leaders” will insult you - they say they’re just playing but we all know how it is. You’ll be sworn at and called names and expect you to “laugh it off.”

The compensation plans and the company in general are very misleading - if you’re not hitting their unrealistic goals, expect to make enough for the month to barely get by if you have low expenses. I would recommend anyone who is looking into this company to think twice before accepting a position. I was bought in by the “fun work environment” and “culture.”

They promote this idea that it's a fun work environment - again, that’s how i was sold. The office theme is much like The Great Gatsby, with the bright colors throughout and fancy decor. There’s a ping pong table, pool table, popcorn machines, slushy machines, free snacks (which get old after a month), Golden Tee, tricycles, etc.. You can enjoy those either during training your first month or lunch (again, god forbid you take more than 20 minutes out of a 10+ hour day to eat lunch).

They push you and push you until there isn't a single ounce of energy left in you. They brainwash you into thinking that working 70+ hour work weeks is the norm, where if you work a 60 hour week you don’t want to succeed and have no drive. They select favorites and who gets better lead flow, and you’re given recycled leads that top mortgage bankers failed to sell (for obvious reasons: low credit score, no income, bankruptcy, etc. aka you’re wasting the clients time with false hope).

This job is the definition of Modern Day Slavery. If you drink the kool-aid and become brainwashed to thinking this is normal and a great company to work for, have at it. They act like they own you and shame you for wanting to have a work/life balance.

Advice to Management

- live by the culture you promote
    - new management
    - have morals

15 Feb 2019 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. Having a bad experience is not what we're about and are disappointed to hear this. We value your feedback and think that it would be helpful to discuss your specific... More

3. "Great opportunity, amazing benefits, in transition."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, snacks, office space , benefits

Cons

Unhealthy snacks, insufficient work from home options

4. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Analyst in Detroit, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, fun environment. I learned a lot about the mortgage industry and there are tons of professional development courses. Also, the insurance benefits are great!

Cons

Long hours, great for young professional looking to make large salary and work hard.

Advice to Management

Management is great!

5. "Great Company"

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ability to work from home

Cons

no cons to list at this time

Advice to Management

can be clickish but under the right management good

6. "Power Banker"

Current Employee - Power Banker in Livonia, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Power Banker in Livonia, MI (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Downtown Detroit is fun. Good food, good perks, benefits

Cons

Management, hours, pay, office environment

Advice to Management

None

15 Feb 2019 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are committed to creating a comfortable, collaborative & transparent environment for our team members and appreciate your feedback so we can continue to grow.

7. "Working at Quicken Loans Family of Companies"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty solid environment, work hard and get equal results.

Cons

Hours can get long if you're not careful, but if you're efficient that shouldn't be an issue.

Advice to Management

Isms are fun.

15 Feb 2019 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that you recommend us to others and enjoy the environment just as much as we do.

8. "Good place to work but be prepared for the hours"

Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good benefits, fun workplace, good culture

Cons

no work/life balance, would only recommend if you have a passion for sales

15 Feb 2019 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We value the talent and skills that our team members bring to our company and will continue to work on improving work-life balance.

9. "Project Coordinator"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people. Live by the Isms. Build life long friendships and maybe even find your future partner. if you spend 40+ hours a week at a job, you want to make sure you're doing what you love with people you actually enjoy, and for those two reasons, I love my job and the people I work with.

Cons

Bankers work 60+ hours a week. Parking is free but not close to buildings you actually work in. Struggling with diversity w/in leadership. Few women and POC in banking and Marketing.

15 Feb 2019 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled that you love working here just as much as we do. We have teams in place that are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment... More

"Mortgage Loan Originator"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment at the company is awesome. Always looking for innovation and eays to improve employee life as well as customer. Most leaders really care about you.

Cons

60 to 70 hour weeks

15 Feb 2019 – Job Board Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoy working here just as much as we do! We are committed to our team members and are always open to listening to feedback to work on improving.