Proudfoot Reviews

2.9
Proudfoot Chief Executive Officer Pamela Hackett
Pamela Hackett
Pros
Cons
  • "A lot of the negative comments seem to be from people moaning about the work-life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "Time - You will work long hours to achieve the project goals(in 5 reviews)

"Inexorable, Devious and Obsolete"

Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Proudfoot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The name of the firm is only thing left, everything else is just a facade and lie.

Cons

This is my fifth attempt to expose Proudfoot. My 5 previous inputs have all been blocked and I have my suspicions as to why. If you checked the entries from my peers and colleagues you will see that the last one was dated 2017 and today I finally see a March 2020 entry, so I am guessing the "glitch" has now been fixed and am trying to provide some insights and experience. The tools and methodologies are completely outdated and neither technology oriented nor ready. Business reviews are at best a fabrication. We are forced to "reveal" 60% of potential clients' productivity are non-valued-added or lost, and the company is wondering why we are not getting new businesses. Zero training and they expect everyone to be "plug and play". With their methodologies and tools so Proudfoot oriented, I assure you there is no way! But if you "lie" well about clients' performance, you will survive. Otherwise, they compare you to someone who's been here their entire life and belittle you as incompetent. At the interview, they entice you with promise of attractive project bonus. Don't believe them, because after the C-Suite, MDs and EVPs get their share, you are left with enough for just a Big Mac. I have wasted my life trying to prove my self worth but woke up one day that it is not going to happen because there is no standard. I am in a bind now because I have de-skilled so much that I can't find new opportunities without potential employers questioning if I could actually be contributing. I am stuck at a dead end job, no life and no future. So think hard before you join.

"Why oh why...?"

I have been working at Proudfoot full-time

Pros

All the pros have been killed off over the years

Cons

Proudfoot have a terribly difficult task on their hands to over come the decline they have experienced over many many years - once probably the largest implementation focused consulting firms, now almost out of the game. The crazy thing is that the fundamental reason for the decline has been a succession of really poor CEO's - people who seem far more focused on themselves than the good of the company. The current CEO seems to be from the same mould, unable to share the spot light, unable to let others have good ideas, only able to tell but never to listen. The consequence of this dysfunctional style is that it seem the leadership team is constantly changing, in an industry where stability is essential for building trust with clients. Why-oh-why does the Board let this train wreck go on..?

3. "Poor work life balance"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Proudfoot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Knowledge base is extensive across different sectors

Cons

Long hours and remote locations

4. "Good team spirit and friendly office based environment"

4.0
    Current Employee - Front End

I have been working at Proudfoot full-time

Pros

Good on boarding. When I started, we had a clear week program with follow up, all very well organised. All tools provided for effective start which made me confident in my job.

Cons

Recognition is not well spread across the organisation.

"Good for 1-2 years to get consultanting exposure"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Proudfoot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exposure to clients at early stage

Cons

Simple repetitive projects once you learn the Proudfoot way. Vast majority of engagements are a basic process improvement process. No long run development, mentorship, training opportunities.

November 11, 2019CEO

Thanks for the feedback. I agree we need to get much better at training and development. I think the hiring of our new Global Head of People Solutions will help that. Not too sure of the repetivive projects. Feeling bad we may have crewed you on some similar work or perhaps the skillsets were a fit or language causing this. I know the work in Mongolia on the ramp up th epast 2 years is what the client calls innovative, our work in MRO is helping change the way engines are built and planes are put back in the sky. So hoping that old perception of process improvement is going away.

"A new Proudfoot"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at Proudfoot full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are moving in the right direction. Pam is doing a great job and I am aligned with the decisions they are making and proud to be part of Proudfoot.

Cons

As with any job there are challenges...this job isnt easy or different but I have a lot of resources and help.

Continue reading

"People quit bad managers"

Former Employee - Business Development

I worked at Proudfoot full-time

Pros

Decent salary, except don't count on your bonus or figuring out how it works... they purposely obfuscate the calculation method to siphon more up to the top

Cons

Horrible, horrible management. Horrible people in management positions. Argumentative, presumptuous, arrogant, loud, rude, selfish, unskilled, inept, boorish, ill-mannered buffoons across the globe. And for some reason you have to answer to them, even though they don't tell you what they want and change their little minds as soon as you've completed the deliverable. Little to no top-down communication that leaves you guessing as to your actual (never defined) roles and responsibilities. Not that it matters as you have no room for upward mobility anyway.

Continue reading

"Needs a rework, just not a name change"

2.0

I worked at Proudfoot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation structure, expense policy latitude

Cons

The C-Suite leadership is only concerned about self preservation

May 22, 2019CEO

Sorry to read your views on us. Proudfoot is not for everyone - we have a very disciplined approach to deliver the great results we achieve with clients. Glad to hear you enjoyed the compensation structure and the latitude given on expenses - its a culture based on trust, therefore latitude is easy. Truly disappointed to hear your views on myself and the leadership team. Personally, and knowing my team as well as I do, I don't think it's about self preservation - we are all executives whom have no shortage of opportunities and none 'have to be here'. I think its a dogged determination to reinvent a 73 year old company and bring their teams with them rapidly. That focus is not always for everyone. On restructure of products and people. We've recently done a great review of client input - I personally have met with many of our top clients as well. They have reinforced our relevance in the space so we think we are on the right track in terms of overall offer. I too think there is much room for new and innovative approaches to deliver that offer through products (isn't that the job of every company - to constantly review their products?) but at the end of the day, we are an experience - we deliver change, something that's hard to bottle as a product but when you achieve it our clients feel it. With 70% repeat business last year, the signs are good. On personnel.... transformation in professional services is a 2-3 years journey. Time will tell if we are the right team or not.

9. "Transformational company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Proudfoot full-time for less than a year

Pros

CEO Pamela Hackett is leading the way for positive culture and change in this organization.

Cons

nothing to report very good culture and leadership.

November 15, 2019CEO

After reading a couple of other GlassDoor reviews I thank you for taking the time to give this feedback. Turnarounds are always tough and we can't please everyone, but the leadership team is doing a great job of reinventing a 73 year brand and delivering great work our clients love and reward us for.

10. "Great Place to Learn"

4.0
    Former Employee - Consultant/Installation Specialist in Johannesburg
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Proudfoot full-time

Pros

Great people to work with and if your looking to learn Consulting 101 then this is definately the place to be.

Cons

Lack of IT skills and resources. Most tools are built on excel platform whereas client may have advanced systems like SAP etc... Creates additional inefficiencies where client needs to fill in excel sheet which could be done automatically by their existing ERP system.

May 23, 2019CEO

I agree! We're in the process of partnering with two technology firms that I think will bring us into the 21st century! In the meantime, we're still focused on delivering the great behavioral solutions we're known for. Thanks for the feedback.

Found 113 reviews