ProSight Specialty Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

ProSight Specialty Insurance Reviews

Updated 9 Jan 2020

3.1
ProSight Specialty Insurance CEO and President Larry Hannon (no image)
Larry Hannon
Pros
  • "Overall is not worth the damage to your health and work life balance(in 6 reviews)

• "Employees' well-being is ALWAYS a top concern for management and the company culture is like none other I have ever experienced(in 6 reviews)

1. "Good So Far!"

I have been working at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Been good thus far so I am contented.

Cons

There is no downside so far.

ProSight Specialty Insurance2020-01-09
  2. "Great company to help you grow if your plan matches theirs."

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate

I have been working at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company culture is unique for corporate setting.

Cons

Salary doesn't match workload always.

ProSight Specialty Insurance2019-11-19

"Great culture and a chance to make an impact"

Current Employee - Communications Director in Morristown, NJ

Pros

Positive culture: team members strive to be the best and want to work together to deliver the best results for the company. Entrepreneurial spirit: even though the company is approaching 10 years in business, there is still very much a start-up mentality, which is exciting for someone like me who comes from legacy companies. Impact: If you want to make a difference in your job, ProSight's size and performance-driven culture fosters an environment where everyone can contribute to the success of the company Development: Even if you don't come from insurance (like me) ProSight invests heavily in your professional development

Cons

The flip-side of working in an entrepreneurial environment is that you may not have all the resources of larger, more established companies. However, this reality also gives you the opportunity to build your role/function from the ground up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. This is an exciting time to be a ProSight employee. Let's keep building our culture and pushing ourselves to be better.

ProSight Specialty Insurance2019-08-16

"Claims Manager"

Current Employee - Claim Manager in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Felt the need to post a positive review since so many former employees writing negative reviews. Prosight is a great place to work and learn. I understand that it is not for everyone. I worked at a large carrier for many years and although I had a positive experience I wanted a chance to make an impact as opposed to being just another number. I wanted a chance to be able to make decisions and not just follow process after process. I’ve learned more in the past few years about insurance then I have in my entire career. I am able to have a say in how my department is run and get direct access to my underwriters on what new business we write. People on here talk about the company having their favorites. I certainly have my favorites which includes employees who work hard, have a positive attitude and believe in working together to achieve a goal. I guess I sip kool aid as well because I believe in the company and want to see it succeed. The pay and bonus structure is great too but with that their are expectations for your performance (go figure). Also happy hours are optional meaning if you find them awkward or can’t make it you don’t have to go. Prudential center box is an awesome perk that my whole family gets a chance to enjoy. Lastly the majority of our staff is referrals from other employees which should tell you all you need to know. If people are so unhappy they don’t refer their friends.

Cons

You can’t hide here like you can at other companies. You are held accountable for your work. It is a growing company and sometimes we don’t always have the resources of the big dogs but we have committed people in place willing to help.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep your employees informed about the direction of the company.

ProSight Specialty Insurance2019-05-25

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Legal

I worked at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time

Pros

High Salaries (they have to get you in somehow, but not worth your sanity)

Cons

Everything about this place is a disgrace. The company is slowly crumbling as people realize how crazy this place truly is. Everyone mentioning the kool-aid mentality is 100% right - and if you dont fall into it, HR plots a way to force you out of the company, claiming you werent a "fit". There is zero management experience - they promote based on whether they like you or not, doesnt matter what background or years of experience you have. The culture is all a hoax, they claim they care about their employees but there is ZERO work life balance. Training is a joke. All these "positive" responses are coming directly from their own HR and Marketing teams - dont fall into their lies, stay far away from this place.

Advice to Management

Quit.

ProSight Specialty Insurance2019-05-14

"Great if you fit"

Current Employee - Director in Morristown, NJ

Pros

Having been at mostly large companies I've found ProSight to be an incredible surprise in my career: if you work hard you get rewarded; all of the benefits of a small company with few, if any, drawbacks. Management is happy to give you a chance to perform at which point it's on you to deliver - and if you have worked hard and delivered previously in your career, you should know this place will recognize, reward and promote you. It's a fantastic feeling knowing you can get ahead here. This sounds cliche, but it's true - and I have no problem touting my stellar experience as this can be a truly exceptional place for the right person.

Cons

If you're not ready for this type of job, it's going to be tough - you can't hide or push work to other divisions / teams. You are given significant responsibility and commensurate support, but again, some people just might not be ready to take on a role at a small company where you have to deliver. And, if you don't deliver there's a good chance you will be cut after 1-2 years. There are no feel-good trophies; this place is for people that are all about business, building out their platform and getting results. From reading comments on GD, it looks like there is a small but outspoken group that didn't cut it and use this platform to blast the company . . . fair enough, though I think it's obvious what their circumstances are/were.

Advice to Management

Be more selective about who you hire - the interview process is fairly standard, but I think more focus should be on who will fit at the company and thrive in the results-oriented culture.

ProSight Specialty Insurance2019-03-26

"Great place for intellectually curious people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been at ProSight since the early days. I love this company because I like to learn, I like to ask questions, I like to work hard and be rewarded for hard work. Not in a “fluffy way”, or in the way all companies say we work hard, play hard – but really, actually put in time and effort. Successful ProSight’ers like to be challenged and are proud of what we have built and the culture we protect every day. Letting people who don’t think like us or who don’t want to really work smart tend to self-select out, because they don’t fit. People who are disgruntled on glassdoor, are people who didn’t fit. They call it koolaid - I call it commitment to this tribe we have built. I call it a place where innovation and thinking outside the box is applauded and bureaucracy is limited -- IF you are good at what you do. If you aren’t good at what you do, you will be micromanaged, you will be questioned and you likely won’t feel like you fit in, because we don’t have patience for people who don’t want to work as hard as the rest of us. For anyone coming to glassdoor to find out what it is like to work at ProSight, find out for yourself. Don’t rely on a group of people hiding behind a computer to explain it to you. Instead you should Interview here. Ask questions. Dig deep. Connect with our teammates on linkedin. Form your own conclusion. Then accept our job offer, because if you do your job as well as you would have interviewed us, you WILL fit in here.

Cons

Not everyone will make it because we believe in protecting our culture.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Haters will Hate.

ProSight Specialty Insurance2019-03-21

"Fast-paced close-knit culture"

I worked at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

The speed and abundance of work will make days fly at ProSight, you’ll look up and it will be 4 o’clock on Friday before you know it. Those with a strong work ethic who don’t mind wearing multiple hats will have no issue fitting in here. - Uncapped PTO - Excellent recognition program - Lots of internal promotions - Frequent office events (e.g. happy hour)

Cons

The speed of work and tight deadlines can lead to the advancement of projects/initiatives before they are fully vetted/reviewed.

ProSight Specialty Insurance2019-03-08

"One of the worst companies out there"

Former Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home capability (that’s it)

Cons

Everything thing from the broker relationships (PBC is the worst company to do business with) to their blind trust in what the broker dictates. 1/3 of the company is knowledgeable in the insurance agency but the other 2/3 of the company is guessing and hoping something sticks. Their construction and home builders program is an absolute joke. I have nothing good about my experience there and if you go to work there (especially working in the NY office) you will regret it. I know that no company out there is perfect but proSight is clearly off They will pay you high salaries but careful of what you trade your happiness for.

Advice to Management

Humbly retire and remove yourself from office.

ProSight Specialty Insurance2019-04-04

"Not at all a good experience"

Former Employee - Claims Professional in Morristown, NJ

I worked at ProSight Specialty Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some really good people in claims department and beyond, but they get overlooked by management's "flavor of the month" in many cases. I did get to work with some very talented individuals for a while there.

Cons

Extreme favoritism, program reviews are just an awful experience for all involved. I attended one in the past. Program Manager really had her stuff together, but was crucified by top three over one little component of program performance. Nothing positive about 99% of things going right. That's the way it goes there.

Advice to Management

Stop having HR write reviews on Glassdoor. The last two were very obviously written by or on the behest of HR. I had a friend in that department at one time, I was told this is the practice to "balance out" all the real and truthful horrific reviews. Read some of the language about protecting culture...that's HR all the way. Stop it, we all know.

ProSight Specialty Insurance2019-03-27