Cover image for Press Up Hospitality Group

Found 147 of over 156 reviews

4.0
Press Up Hospitality Group Head of Operations Ben Barclay
Ben Barclay
Pros
  • "people good(in 6 reviews)

• "career progression, value, good work ehtics(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "High Turnover of staff and quick change in teams(in 3 reviews)

• "long hours, underpay, lack of communication, do not listen to staff(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Working in press up was fantastic

26 Jan 2023 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support management team Very hands on Happy to help Plenty of opportunities

Cons

Had never had a negative comment

2. 4.0

11 Jan 2023 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is organised in HR

Cons

To many people to report to to get something done

Talent Resourcer

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We want you to feel comfortable sharing good or bad news with us and we are using your feedback to make some important changes. Because taking care of our teammates is one of our core values at Press Up, we are always looking for ways to ensure our staff have equal access to growth and development opportunities. We are growing quickly which presents its challenges, but we continue to strive to provide an environment where people feel they are valued, treated fairly and respected. We count ourselves lucky for team members like you, and we’re here if you need anything! We look forward to working better with you in the future!

3. Join the Press Up Hospitality Group team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good

12 Jan 2023 - Bar Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent for the work required

Cons

Slight under payment for experience

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bar Manager at a very busy venue

18 Dec 2022 - Bar Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Immediate hiring, multiple locations, busy environment

Cons

Untrained & Inexperienced staff, mostly kids 17-19 yo

Talent Resourcer

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your valuable thoughts with us. We are using your feedback to make some important changes. At Press Up we want staff to feel hospitality is a great career to go into. We provide all training to progress with us, and with one of our core values being "We embrace diversity" many of our teams may have younger team members that are starting their careers in hospitality. We hope you understand that we provide equal opportunity for all to apply and work at Press Up. We count ourselves lucky to have had team members like you, and we’re here if you need anything! We look forward to working better with you in the future!

6. 1.0

Dont apply to work for Press Up

19 Jan 2023 - Front of House Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

On the outside press up are really good at marketing themselves as a company who care and give back.

Cons

Unfortunately the reality is the opposite. The higher management make all the decisions and put their foot down at any suggestions from the people actually affected by that every day. After three years in the company I applied for a promotion when my manager left and was told I did not have adequate experience. They have been without a manager for over six months but would rather do that than promote from within. Trust me, you can do better.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great for college students

8 Dec 2022 - Server/Waitress in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and tips, great discounts all across press up venues and rewards

Cons

long and late hours- typical in hospitality though

Talent Resourcer

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your hard work and know it can be tiring during the busy season, especially since it is the first full operation after the pandemic. We have recently launched our new online employee engagement platform, Workvivo, for instant staff communication. From this we can get a better understanding on how staff feel on the ground and their needs while at work. We are making full use of the platform so our teammates will be happier to stay with us at Press Up. We have also launched many training programmes to help management and staff to improve their skills while on duty. We are sorry you feel you had little thanks at work. Feedback for our team is important for us and is an area we are continuously working on, one example would be through our new job chat initiative. We want you to feel comfortable sharing good or bad news with us and we are using your feedback to make the important changes. We are growing quickly which presents its challenges and we hope you understand.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Financial Accountant

5 Dec 2022 - Financial Accountant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good perks card Work from home Friendly staff

Cons

Structure of the company is flat, hard to progress

Talent Resourcer

Thank you for your feedback. We have recently launched our new online employee engagement platform, Workvivo, for instant staff communication. From this we can get a better understanding on how staff feel on the ground and their needs while at work. We are making full use of the platform so our teammates will be happier to stay with us at Press Up. We have also launched many training programmes to help management and staff to improve their skills while on duty, please also have a chat with your manager and see if there are ways in which you may be able to improve within your team. We want you to feel comfortable sharing good or bad news with us and we are using your feedback to make the important changes. We are growing quickly which presents its challenges and we hope you understand.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

One of the most toxic environments I ever worked in

8 Jan 2023 - Line Chef in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hired very quickly, showed up to the restaurant and had my first shift 2 hours later. Started as a kitchen porter and was able to switch to the kitchen quite quickly. Met some lovely people along the way, some less lovely.

Cons

Severly underpaid, overtime would at time be "forgotten" in the payslip (head chef's fault) and constant Payroll issues, pay raise conversations were dismissed very easily. Often heard racist and homophobic remarks but our sueperiors would just act like they didnt hear it, coworkers openly spewing sexist remarks. I left the job due to bullying from the sous chef, he would yell at me and single me out of the whole crew because i didn't put up with his rude behaviour and my complaint was left on read from the head chef. HR was of no help either. To this day I still have not heard back from them. I have only heard worse stories from other work friends across their restaurants. extremely high turnover and little job security as a newbie.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Resourcer

We are sorry to receive a review of this nature. We pride ourselves in ensuring our workplaces are safe and secure for all our staff. We hope all staff would avail of our internal grievance procedures before deciding to leave, should they feel the need to do so. These procedures are in place to respond to allegations of this nature and we hold these procedures in high regard given their ability to solve staff issues when they arise. We continuously provide Dignity at work training as another preventative measure for any unwanted behaviour. As a former employee we would welcome a statement on your experience. If you wish to email this to HR@pressup.ie. If you have any outstanding pay related queries you can email payroll@pressup.ie In relation to your comments on not receiving a response, this would be highly unusual for our HR team as they pride themselves on a 100% response rate to all staff queries within 1-2 working days. If you decide to send a statement please include the email you’re referring to so we can look into this if needs be. We would like thank you for your loyalty and commitment throughout your 2 years of service. Thank you for your review, we continuously use feedback to make important changes within the company.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Friendly and Fun

2 Dec 2022 - Floor Staff in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues and management. Very employee focused.

Cons

Working hours at times can be tough

Talent Resourcer

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We want you to feel comfortable sharing good or bad news with us and we are using your feedback to make some important changes. Because taking care of our teammates is one of our core values at Press Up, we are always looking for ways to ensure our staff have equal access to growth and development opportunities. We are growing quickly which presents its challenges, but we continue to strive to provide an environment where people feel they are valued, treated fairly and respected. We count ourselves lucky for team members like you, and we’re here if you need anything! We know the hours can be tough in our industry, maybe you can have a chat with your manager to have some alternating shifts. We look forward to working better with you in the future!

11. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible place to work

22 Dec 2022 - Waiter/Waitress in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely nothing appalling experience never experienced anything like it in my life

Cons

Sexual harassment,, bullying lies and management are a disgrace

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Resourcer

We are sorry to receive a review of this nature. We pride ourselves in ensuring our workplaces are safe and secure for all our staff. We hope all staff would avail of our internal grievance procedures before deciding to leave, should they feel the need to do so. These procedures are in place to respond to allegations of this nature and we hold these procedures in high regard given their ability to solve staff issues when they arise. We continuously provid Dignity at work training as another preventative measure for any unwanted behaviour. As a former employee we would welcome a statement on your experience. If you wish to email this to HR@pressup.ie. We would like thank you for your loyalty and commitment throughout your 4 years of service. Thank you for your review, we continuously use feedback to make important changes within the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 147 Reviews
    </>Embed

Press Up Hospitality Group Reviews FAQs

Press Up Hospitality Group has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 156 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Press Up Hospitality Group to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Press Up Hospitality Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Press Up Hospitality Group. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

82% of Press Up Hospitality Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Press Up Hospitality Group 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Press Up Hospitality Group Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Press Up Hospitality Group? Share Your Experiences

Press Up Hospitality Group logo

Press Up Hospitality Group Careers

Cover image for Press Up Hospitality Group

Press Up Hospitality Group is Ireland’s leading leisure and hospitality company. A collection of hotels, bars, restaurants, cinemas and...More

• Careers

• Waiter(6)

Company Updates

219 days ago

Employee Story
    Chef of the Month! Congratulations to Marcin, who has lead the kitchen team in Sophie’s Dublin since November 2018. Whilst excelling as a leader he also has no problem getting stuck in and helping out where and when needed. Marcin has made great improvements to the banqueting offering, as well as growing covers year on year. Marcin is an all round lovely guy and it’s great having him on the team! #team #leader
    Shared image

222 days ago

Employee Story
    Manager of the Month!! Congratulations to Chris, who is this months Manager of the Month! Chris took over as General Manager in Captains Blanchardstown at a time when there were lots of changes happening. Chris built and stabilised a great team and has Captains operating with the buzz a Captains is known for. No job is ever too big and he’s always happy to get stuck in when needed, even taking over the role of cleaner for a couple of months when they were trying to find a new one. Chris you are just great and you’ve created a great team! #team #manager #congratulations
    Shared image

Press Up Hospitality Group Photos

+ Add Photo
    Press Up Hospitality Group photo of: Our very own Alessandro Capozzi took the top prize of the world’s best pizzaiolo at the prestigious awards
    Press Up Hospitality Group photo of: Doolally
    Press Up Hospitality Group photo of: Doolally Head Chef Shloke
    Press Up Hospitality Group photo of: POWER gym x DIME coffee
    Press Up Hospitality Group photo of: Doolally staff
    Press Up Hospitality Group photo of: Mama Yo Team
    Press Up Hospitality Group photo of: We’re delighted to have and introduce Ireland’s newest boutique gym, @powergym.ie at @thedeanirl⁣ &amp; @themaysondublin ⁣

Glassdoor has 156 Press Up Hospitality Group reviews submitted anonymously by Press Up Hospitality Group employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Press Up Hospitality Group is right for you.