PresenceLearning "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

PresenceLearning Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated 28 Oct 2019

3.6
PresenceLearning CEO Kate Eberle Walker
Kate Eberle Walker
Pros
Cons
  • "No benefits as it's a contract position only(in 13 reviews)

• "Going through growing pains at this time(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews

"School Partnership Associate"

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working from home, but never being "alone". The support here from co-workers, support people and HR has been fantastic! While some companies where I've worked are more about what can be done for them, PL is actually about helping students and schools.

Cons

There really aren't any to post!

Advice to Management

Keeping that door open and being transparent (as you are doing)!

PresenceLearning2019-10-28

"A job that sounded too good to be true & it was."

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Home
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

work from home--although I never saw my family anyways.

Cons

I wanted to work 15 hours a week, but was working 15 hours a day! I worked from home, but still never saw my family. My work doubled because the platform was so clunky & every process done for the school needed to be re-duplicated on their platform. Paperwork & data-entry was soul-sucking for employees & is highway robbery for the districts paying for this! Presence has treatment materials on their platform but they were minimally interactive so super boring in comparison to kids that are used to video games-there was no use or integration of good speech/language apps on the market. No split-screens! When conferencing with people at corporate office we used a different video-conferencing platform because the PresenceLearning one was so unhelpful! The people at PL are nice enough but did not honor what I agreed to do. PL seemed understaffed so gave me an unusually large caseload. When brought to their attention, they did nothing to remedy the situation, no one seemed knowledgeable or aware of what a reasonable caseload was. The platform required duplication of every process and there is already so much paperwork to do! It is a waste of the therapist's time & of the (under-funded) school district's money from all the extra work they created. The platform was painful & awful to use. SLPAs saw most of the students whileSLPs drowned in the worst parts of the job...Paperwork! Tons & tons of testing, reports, IEPs. It was never-ending. This is not what ASHA has in mind for the use of aides & the role of SLPs. It should be illegal!

Advice to Management

Scrap this platform and start over.

PresenceLearning2019-10-21

"Lost Along the Way"

Former Contractor - Therapist

I worked at PresenceLearning for more than 5 years

Pros

Great network of therapists to collaborate with Flexible hours Work from home Amazing platform and library of resources

Cons

-Have lost sight of their mission--unsure of what that even is as it is never reinforced or stated within the company, neither are their values. -Lack of trust--cut rates, went back and reversed after numerous providers left or didn't renew-they think that because they changed it back all should be good. -Top-heavy management, have had several rounds of lay-offs to off-set their costs. -Only a few current clinical managers actually do anything to support therapists, most do nothing and get paid generously for it. -Lack of an HR department--have PSM's, most are ineffective with one diamond in the rough. -Constant restructuring of the company. -Lack of transparency, poor to little communication from HQ to therapists. -Treat therapists like employees when it suits their needs, and IC's when they do not want us to know what is happening in the company. -Never informed when key people at HQ leave that we may need to communicate with. Typically find out when an email bounces back that they are no longer with PL.

Advice to Management

Figure out why you are even in business, get a focus and stick to it. Take a look at who you were years ago and who you are now. Improve communication. Treat therapists the way they deserve to be treated.

PresenceLearning2019-01-31

"Depends on what you are looking for"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist

I have been working at PresenceLearning part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

freedom to make own schedule more than enough work to go around largest company=huge network opportunities for increased responsibility if seeking no raises working from home allows for certain work/life balance

Cons

1099 status no benefits caseload can change dramatically from year to year feels like the company is in a state of huge change management missteps in lack of transparency re: contract reimbursement changes, but have since rectified the situation (but trust has suffered)

Advice to Management

Offer incentives for experienced clinicians to stay (i.e. performance-based raises, potential benefits, etc.).

PresenceLearning2019-01-23

"Still Mission Driven"

Current Contractor - Speech Language Pathologist, Lead Clinician in Brunswick, ME

I have been working at PresenceLearning for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been at PresenceLearning over 7 years as a provider of service as well as a Lead Clinician. In many ways finding PL was a life changing experience for me. I was burnt from paperwork, commuting and huge caseloads. I was beginning to wonder whether changing careers was in my future as I was losing my passion and not feeling great about the quality of services I was providing. Shifting to teletherapy was just what I needed to renew my passion as an SLP! Besides the comfort of working from home and eliminating my commute, reaching kiddos via THE BEST proprietary platform around has renewed my passion for being an SLP and reminded me why I went into this profession in the first place! I was initially concerned I'd feel isolated but in fact, I am surrounded by hundreds of top notch professionals who can provide support and their own clinical wisdom.

Cons

There have been many changes, some for the better (platform enhancements) and others growing pains( contract mishaps) . At times there's a disconnect between providers needs, HQ policies and a general lack of communication.

Advice to Management

There is a sense of return to PL's mission - keep heading back in that direction and don't lose sight of the importance of provider's input and clinical value.

PresenceLearning2018-10-25

"Limited growth opportunities and recognition for SLPs"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at PresenceLearning

Pros

Work from home, create your own hours, good support system and camaraderie with the other SLPs.

Cons

Very poor hourly contract pay for skilled, licensed, in-demand, Masters level SLPs. The platform is constantly glitchy. Limited growth opportunities both professionally and financially. Leads do an amazing amount of work giving therapy to students, assisting a team of SLPs and liaising with school districts...They most likely do more than the salaried SCCs and account managers (what do they do all day?) but are still given only a marginal raise in already poor contract pay to keep PL's school contracts intact. PL expects contract workers to drink their Kool-Aid and act like employees and "work for free", e.g. attend PL trainings without pay, attend "Town Hall" and "Lead-a-palooza" meetings with out pay, attend district requested trainings without pay, and receive a flat fee for speech-language evaluations which usually never covers the amount of time it takes to complete it adequately. PL is a very district-centric company that puts district happiness and contract renewal over fair SLP treatment. PL has created a precedent and market for many other companies to also offer low contract rates to hard-working SLPs in telepractice.

Advice to Management

Show more respect for your highly educated, skilled, (female-based) SLPs . Try to understand the breadth of their skills and the challenges they face everyday in the profession. They should receive fair pay as employees with benefits and 401K for their hard work and in-demand skill; they are on the front lines bringing in the primary profit for your company. Think about not being so top heavy with a "position for everything" in order to shift more pay and growth to the SLPs; they can handle more responsibility.

PresenceLearning2018-11-02
  7. "School Psychologist/Behavioral-Mental Health Clinician"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at PresenceLearning for more than a year

Pros

The company mission to democratize and improve access to therapy and special education services for students and families is inspiring and makes me feel proud to work with PresenceLearning. Their technology, including the assessment and intervention activity library, is amazing and well-founded in evidence-based practices. They provide ample training around their platform, documentation practices, and opportunities to develop professional skills. I feel well supported by my provider success team, lead clinicians, and clinical quality managers. I typically receive a response to concerns, especially case concerns, within 24 hours. The flexible, work-from-home schedule is ideal for me and the needs of my family. After years as a brick-and-mortar school psychologist, it's exciting to be providing student services in a new way!

Cons

Although there is ample work, there can be inconsistency from month to month as a contracted employee. As with most start-ups, growing pains and frequent changes are expected. This kind of work is ideal for those that can be extremely flexible with changing roles and financial considerations.

Advice to Management

Continue to support and enable clinicians to provide excellent intervention to students and the rest will follow.

PresenceLearning2018-09-26
  8. "Best in Online Therapy"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at PresenceLearning

Pros

You can work from home!

Cons

No benefits as it's a contract position only

PresenceLearning2018-09-05

"Great for Independent Worker"

I have been working at PresenceLearning for more than 3 years

Pros

set own schedule, work from home, good pay

Cons

on your own, a lot of changes, paperwork for some schools is too much

Advice to Management

Add more supports for the workers on the front line like supervision; benefits such as paid supervision or trainings;

PresenceLearning2018-07-26

"Company First, Patient/Therapist Second"

I worked at PresenceLearning part-time

Pros

Can work from home. Schedule your own hours with clients.

Cons

The orientation process is at least two days of unpaid time. Salary was determined before I was even scheduled for an interview. They do not care what your experience is, their rate is flat and it is a low rate. I received an invoice that they send the schools by accident, and I also looked on the internet for information on what their contract is with the schools. They take a little less then 50% of what the schools pay for your session. They discourage you from billing regarding emails and prep time. The online library they promote is a total joke. There is nothing usable in there and it is a mess to look through. The kids and families are fine, but some families are pushed into using this because it is their only option, not that they want it. Most students do not have external cameras. Even when I spent time ordering them new equipment, the parents often cannot get it to work or something is always broken. Besides tech support, anyone from PL staff is completely non-responsive the second you sign the contract. I received major attitude from PL staff in the corporate office, and my first week was literally told "I'm sorry you expect excellence from us." If you do not put your foot down with them, they will walk all over you, which I experienced myself and heard from other practitioners as well. At one point, I was given a new school. The lead was so lazy and just forwarded me about 40 emails in 20 minutes of old outdated information from about 5 months prior, and expected me to clean up a virtual disaster of a mess and not get paid for it. They also say they have documents with school policies, calendar, and contact information per school. This is false. They have online excel sheets but the information is wrong. Majority of meetings I had, I had no idea who I was even talking to in the meetings or if I needed to email someone, had a hard time tracking down their full name or email address. PL staff often emailed me asking who was who from what school, so that they could update their documentation. If I said I had no idea, they asked me to find out (sometimes for kids I did not even work with)... again you do not get paid for any of this. If PL has contracts with these sites, why don't they reach out to their contacts at the school and get a staff list, calendar, policy and procedure list and upload it into their database. Basics that any of us practitioners would do if we were working in person. Laziness and lack of organization from PL side. The one time I called the school to ask a simple question about their schedule (no one even picked up or called me back), I told my lead and was scolded by her that I am never allowed to call the school site. Disaster of a company. I do not recommend. You basically will be working for free and cleaning up messes.

Advice to Management

CEO is greedy. This is a business/money making machine first. They are not therapist or student centered.

PresenceLearning2018-06-04