PresenceLearning Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.9
PresenceLearning CEO Kate Eberle Walker
Kate Eberle Walker
Pros
Cons
  • "No benefits as it's a contract position only(in 13 reviews)

• "Going through growing pains at this time(in 12 reviews)

"School Partnership Associate"

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working from home, but never being "alone". The support here from co-workers, support people and HR has been fantastic! While some companies where I've worked are more about what can be done for them, PL is actually about helping students and schools.

Cons

There really aren't any to post!

Advice to Management

Keeping that door open and being transparent (as you are doing)!

PresenceLearning2019-10-28

"Collaborative Organization"

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

The leadership team listens to it's employees and makes informed decisions that benefit all stakeholders. Teams collaborate to achieve the best results for our students, providers, and clients. Everyone is positive and ready to jump in when times get busy.

Cons

No cons experienced at this time. Everyone does their part to make this a strong and successful organization.

Advice to Management

Continue to meet with your staff, attend meetings, provide feedback, and most of all make innovative change to help grow our organization.

PresenceLearning2019-10-25

"A job that sounded too good to be true & it was."

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Home
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

work from home--although I never saw my family anyways.

Cons

I wanted to work 15 hours a week, but was working 15 hours a day! I worked from home, but still never saw my family. My work doubled because the platform was so clunky & every process done for the school needed to be re-duplicated on their platform. Paperwork & data-entry was soul-sucking for employees & is highway robbery for the districts paying for this! Presence has treatment materials on their... platform but they were minimally interactive so super boring in comparison to kids that are used to video games-there was no use or integration of good speech/language apps on the market. No split-screens! When conferencing with people at corporate office we used a different video-conferencing platform because the PresenceLearning one was so unhelpful! The people at PL are nice enough but did not honor what I agreed to do. PL seemed understaffed so gave me an unusually large caseload. When brought to their attention, they did nothing to remedy the situation, no one seemed knowledgeable or aware of what a reasonable caseload was. The platform required duplication of every process and there is already so much paperwork to do! It is a waste of the therapist's time & of the (under-funded) school district's money from all the extra work they created. The platform was painful & awful to use. SLPAs saw most of the students whileSLPs drowned in the worst parts of the job...Paperwork! Tons & tons of testing, reports, IEPs. It was never-ending. This is not what ASHA has in mind for the use of aides & the role of SLPs. It should be illegal!

Advice to Management

Scrap this platform and start over.

PresenceLearning2019-10-21

"Great Company, Focused Leadership, Amazing Cause"

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a really nice company to work for. Everyone is really driven and friendly so the days fly by. Because you're helping kids in need you can always feel your work matters. Leadership is getting much better! They have clear goals and strategies they are communicating and I get clear feedback and direction on my projects and tasks.

Cons

This is a national company so we work in multiple timezones. There are three offices and many remote employees so you need to manage your time well in order to get in the needed meetings and communication. Culture is a bit uneven due to past tumult in the company but it's leveling out and I have faith it will improve as the common personality trait is friendly, helpful, and driven.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on your strategies and goals; take in company and market feedback but don't do a 180 change. Adjust to improve outcomes without throwing out the progress made.

PresenceLearning2019-06-04

"Mission-driven company with great leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities to do good things for kids with special ed needs. A lot of new energy from new hires including all new exec team.

Cons

A lot of changes have been made, I think for the better but it can be hard to go through it.

Advice to Management

Do more events to bring remote workers together

PresenceLearning2019-05-31

"Shimmering teams, Questionable leadership"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PresenceLearning full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I met working here are truly a phenomenal bunch. They are the reason I chose to stay as long as I did and I will miss them all. It was great mission based work and I will miss the passion people felt for what they were doing there.

Cons

The company doesn’t know how to gauge growth and the new CEO comes off as steely. She is slowly shifting most new management hires to New York, leaving the tenured teams they manage in SF and SLC, in limbo. Since she has started, she laid off the SF office manager and support for the SF office has been drastically declined. During her first all hands meeting, she announced she was writing a book. Since that didn’t... go too well, she decreased those weekly meetings to one monthly meeting. With that in mind, I can’t help but feel like her “work” here is all a self promotion tactic for future books.

Advice to Management

Be honest about your intentions to shut down the San Francisco office.

PresenceLearning2019-05-21

"Love this company!"

Current Employee - School Partnership Director

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly and collaborative environment. What Presence Learning offers truly hits on a huge need for schools across the nation. This is a career that you can feel good about, as you are making a difference in the lives of many. Presence Learning has an exceptional culture. It's a very positive working environment.

Cons

Lots of internal meetings.

Advice to Management

You're the reason why I'm here! Great job!

PresenceLearning2019-05-21

"Excellent Leadership Committed to Employee Engagement and Company Mission"

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time for more than a year

Pros

PresenceLearning provides the best products and services in its space--products and services that employees are proud to develop, and that schools and students thrive using. The leadership at PL is deeply committed to employee engagement and growth. Most importantly, everything PL does is in support of its school-based customers, best-in-class clinicians, and end-user students. The company is growing quickly and... smartly, with tremendous opportunity ahead. When you join PL, you become part of a mission driven organization that is making a huge difference for students (and employees).

Cons

Growing pains are quickly getting worked out.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

PresenceLearning2019-04-26

"Exciting to see path forward"

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New VP Sales, rebuilding of sales organization, work/life balance, unlimited PTO, great benefits, company is coming back strong with changes across the organization.

Cons

Turnover has taken a toll

Advice to Management

Ignore the naysayers - the changes and new CEO as refreshing and inspiring.

PresenceLearning2019-03-06

"Strong Mission and Compelling Product Trumps Growing Pains"

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time

Pros

This is an opportunity to do work worth doing every single day with smart, talented people who are also driven by the mission. Despite its growing pains, the company has still been able to retain and attract top talent as illustrated by some amazing recent hires (CEO, VP Sales, and more to come). There's a lot we have to be proud of.

Cons

The benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Collaborate more with people throughout the organization to help set priorities and solve problems.

PresenceLearning2019-03-12