PresenceLearning Reviews

3.7
PresenceLearning CEO Kate Eberle Walker
Kate Eberle Walker
Pros
Cons
  • "No benefits as it's a contract position only(in 13 reviews)

• "Going through growing pains at this time(in 12 reviews)

"Great mission but not taking care of their employees"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The mission of getting services to kids is amazing. It really feels good to be doing this.

Cons

Even though the company is very much succeeding, receiving a new round of investment, and selling TONS. There have been NO promotions or raises in over a year. The company is not focusing on keeping its employees feeling valued. I have been there for many years and this is the worst it has ever been as far as compensation. Also, since the leadership of the company is now in New York, the roots of the company and the bulk of the employees living in the Bay Area are now FORCED to fit the schedule of east coast time, sometimes having meetings as early as 7AM PST. Just another sign of a company not taking care of its people (except the executives, which are doing just fine!)

August 10, 2020

Thank you for your feedback and we value the work you put in every day. We believe in providing career development opportunities for our employees to advance their work at PresenceLearning. In the past year, we have promoted 15% of our workforce. In addition we share all of our new job listings internally before posting externally, and prioritize consideration of internal candidates. We take to heart our responsibility to not only enhance the lives of students with special needs, but to create growth opportunities for our employees. As we have grown and changed over the past two years, we have become a remote-first, distributed company, with employees living across all four time zones in the U.S. We do our best to empower individuals and teams to find the working schedules that work best for them!

"Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist

I worked at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great resources, great platform, great support

Cons

Only employment option is 1099.

August 10, 2020

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with PresenceLearning and wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.

"Worst Company I've Worked for as a Contractor!"

1.0
    Former Employee - School Psychologist

I worked at PresenceLearning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sometimes you work so many hours you get a large check. But then you're on a 1099 so you end up paying it all back at the ens of the year.

Cons

No loyalty to contractors, report mill and if you try to tailor reports to help and support the students you get in trouble. Minimal video-based training with no support other than people telling you to work faster. Feel bad for districts who contract with this place it's all smoke and mirrors. They snag a district then throw all the evaluations in a spreadsheet and tell all the psychs here you go . Most of the time psychs take more than they can complete and the district is left holding the bag at the end of the year. Worst untrained middle management personnel and poorly organized. Frequently make promises they cannot keep just to make a dollar. So sad how they trick districts into purchasing such an overpriced system then never deliver.

April 22, 2020Recruiter

We are sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience in your work with PL. We appreciate that the work we do in support of school special education teams requires supporting and prioritizing a quality experience for many important stakeholders - for our students, our school partners, our PL employees, and certainly for our clinical contractors like you. We do our best to match our school psychologist contractors with school teams that will be a great fit for their clinical approach. When there is mis-alignment we learn from it and continue improving, so thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

"Great culture, grounded people"

4.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at PresenceLearning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best people to work with, great core values, great location, good healthcare coverage

Cons

Work from home flexibility could have been a little better

"Bumpy ride"

Former Employee - School Partnership Associate in Syracuse, NY

I worked at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

motivated management that worked towards your success

Cons

As a start-up, direction seemed to change every couple of weeks. They seemed to keep trying new procedures and kept getting the same result. It's a tough market that takes time and patience to crack.

"A great start out place for technicians"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Presence Learning: 1. A great entry place to start for technical experience, doesn't require any real previous experience with technical issues. 2. Snack bar in office is always filled to grab something when you would like to, this honestly saves you money and is very convenient, paying $10+ in snacks at the store compared to the drinks, coffee, chips etc... That are in office is very nice 3. The cases honestly are never too hard just can be time consuming, which for the pay isn't too bad 4. Office culture is pretty good , everyone usually works well together.

Cons

Some downsides here: 1. No real way to move up in the company as technicians, pretty much stuck at Tier 2 being your highest unless there's a possible position opening in other departments which provide no technical aspects. 2. Work load increase, no pay increase to match the increase in workload. Since starting within this position we've taken on so much more responsibility and work load that you would think may increase the wage but that isn't the case. The positions have combined work from other departments that requires more training. 3. Positions not being backfilled. When positions become vacant, upper management refuse to backfill them and force more responsibility on others.

"School Partnership Associate"

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working from home, but never being "alone". The support here from co-workers, support people and HR has been fantastic! While some companies where I've worked are more about what can be done for them, PL is actually about helping students and schools.

Cons

There really aren't any to post!

"Collaborative Organization"

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

The leadership team listens to it's employees and makes informed decisions that benefit all stakeholders. Teams collaborate to achieve the best results for our students, providers, and clients. Everyone is positive and ready to jump in when times get busy.

Cons

No cons experienced at this time. Everyone does their part to make this a strong and successful organization.

Continue reading

"A job that sounded too good to be true & it was."

2.0
    Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Home

I worked at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

work from home--although I never saw my family anyways.

Cons

I wanted to work 15 hours a week, but was working 15 hours a day! I worked from home, but still never saw my family. My work doubled because the platform was so clunky & every process done for the school needed to be re-duplicated on their platform. Paperwork & data-entry was soul-sucking for employees & is highway robbery for the districts paying for this! Presence has treatment materials on their platform but they were minimally interactive so super boring in comparison to kids that are used to video games-there was no use or integration of good speech/language apps on the market. No split-screens! When conferencing with people at corporate office we used a different video-conferencing platform because the PresenceLearning one was so unhelpful! The people at PL are nice enough but did not honor what I agreed to do. PL seemed understaffed so gave me an unusually large caseload. When brought to their attention, they did nothing to remedy the situation, no one seemed knowledgeable or aware of what a reasonable caseload was. The platform required duplication of every process and there is already so much paperwork to do! It is a waste of the therapist's time & of the (under-funded) school district's money from all the extra work they created. The platform was painful & awful to use. SLPAs saw most of the students whileSLPs drowned in the worst parts of the job...Paperwork! Tons & tons of testing, reports, IEPs. It was never-ending. This is not what ASHA has in mind for the use of aides & the role of SLPs. It should be illegal!

Continue reading

"Great Company, Focused Leadership, Amazing Cause"

I have been working at PresenceLearning full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a really nice company to work for. Everyone is really driven and friendly so the days fly by. Because you're helping kids in need you can always feel your work matters. Leadership is getting much better! They have clear goals and strategies they are communicating and I get clear feedback and direction on my projects and tasks.

Cons

This is a national company so we work in multiple timezones. There are three offices and many remote employees so you need to manage your time well in order to get in the needed meetings and communication. Culture is a bit uneven due to past tumult in the company but it's leveling out and I have faith it will improve as the common personality trait is friendly, helpful, and driven.

Found 135 reviews