Pobal Reviews

Updated 21 Feb 2020

2.9
Pobal CEO  Denis Leamy
Denis Leamy
  1. "Some great staff, some terrible management"

I worked at Pobal full-time

Pros

Good colleagues at the bottom of the organisation

Cons

Executive level unprofessional and disinterested.

November 22, 2017HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and we note both your positive and negative experiences of working with us. Pobal is genuinely committed to improving our working environment and offering opportunities for staff to develop their careers. We encourage open and honest communication from staff which we will work to act upon. We strongly encourage you to contact a senior manager or HR to talk about your own experiences so we can understand them better. Please be assured that a) your views will be taken seriously and b) there will be no negative inference taken from this.

"Pobal - the place for those that have given up on a career"

1.0

I have been working at Pobal

Pros

Good pay for relatively little effort. A big plus is that you don't get too pushed with getting work done either if that appeals to you. If you've given up on a career, this is the place for you!

Cons

I'm not there too long, but first thing you notice is a strange atmosphere. People I work with didn't seem to like company very much. I couldn't understand that at first, but I do now. Such low morale, very little push to get things done from so called management, you sort of start of becoming a zombie about your work. I feel like I'm losing knowledge I previously had! Also, doesn't matter how hard you work as it will be no different to somebody who spends they're whole day on the internet. Management know about it but don't do anything. In fact, if you're good you're more than likely to be used by your senior management for their own self promotion, with little thanks or recognition.

Continue reading

October 23, 2017HR Manager

We’ve only come across this posting in recent days and we are sorry that your experience working with us is not more positive. Pobal is committed to improving our working environment and offering opportunities for staff to develop their careers. We strongly encourage you to contact a senior manager or HR with a view to talking about your experiences. Please be assured that a) your views will be taken seriously and b) there will be no negative inference taken from this.

3. "Great place to work"

5.0

I have been working at Pobal

Pros

Flex time Promotion opportunities Clear structure Good facilities

Cons

Very few cons great place to work

November 22, 2017HR Manager

Thanks for the positive feedback.

4. "Good"

4.0

I have been working at Pobal

Pros

Diverse Workplace. Central location.

Cons

Lack of leadership and focus from upper management,

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 14 reviews