Pearson District Sales Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Pearson CEO John Fallon
John Fallon

"District Manager"

I have been working at Pearson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working in education, but that is even no longer remaining a pro.

Cons

Almost everything, no transparency from management, no trust for management or executive team, back-stabbing from colleagues, gossip and negativity among peers, lack of support in the field, massive amounts of red-tape, no innovation, broken products, anly care about profit, incredibly reactive, not proactive or supportive, do not pay out bonuses, do not give goals until selling season is over, terrible finance... "team" who cannot get anyone's payout correct, untrustworthy managers, products, colleagues, vision, and company.

Advice to Management

Nothing, fire all senior management and you might possibly have a chance to start over with a new team.

Pearson2017-02-17
  2. "District Sales Manager"

District Sales Manager in Wyncote, PA

I worked at Pearson for more than a year

Pros

Great people and great team mentality

Cons

Traditional publishing is still struggling with software and delivery.

Pearson2016-12-08
  3. "Big Company"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Pearson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of resources, professional development, etc.

Cons

It's a big company. It takes a while to figure out what everyone does around here.

Pearson2016-06-03
  4. "Excellent Culture"

District Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Pearson for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company culture, inclusive, and pretty transparent management for such a large company. The benefits are amazing, flexible work hours for employees, and management are (in my experience and in general) easy to communicate with.

Cons

The company lags behind the top technology companies in product innovation, and you have to move for most promotional opportunities in the sales force (although that's true for most outside sales forces).

Pearson2015-08-04

"Making a difference in higher educational learning"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pearson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have the pleasure of speaking with some of the brightest educators in the world. I am outside most days visiting different college campuses. I have the leading textbooks and technology products and services to offer. I can walk into any office and know I have a solution. I have a team who are thoughtful, supportive, creative, and allow me to think outside the box. I might be alone on campus in between calls, but I... never feel alone inside this huge company family. Even though Pearson is huge, we are specialized and organized appropriately to allow for a true small company feel inside a machine. I cannot imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

Reorganization has been confusing at times, but management is supportive and doing everything they can to be transparent and professional. Dealing with issues outside our control--the Common Core politics that we do not set yet support--are tiring, but we know what we stand for, and why we are involved where we are.

Advice to Management

Keep reaching out to your people. Keep us in the loop, and try to work on keeping us out of the public eye where we should not be concerned. Stay invested in the future and your people.

Pearson2015-06-09

"Pearson Higher Education"

District Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pearson

Pros

The people here are great. They are smart and hard working. This company allows me to work with the best! There is wonderful training no matter the position and the pay and bonus opportunity are terrific.

Cons

Everyone has lots of responsibility and there is so much to learn.

Pearson2015-06-07

"Loosing it by the day"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Noida

I have been working at Pearson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pace is slow and will work well for someone who wants to just 'coast' A lot of re-org and leadership level exits - so its easy to just not do anything at all Good work life balance Decent perks

Cons

With all the re-org - it is just plain chaotic in every business vertical HEd, Publishing, K12, Schools, Tech New recruits in place of leaders who left after 'cashing out' look incompetent to fill those shoes - seem to have been hired in haste

Advice to Management

Esp in the 'acquired' business verticals - reorganise or change the 'support' teams, some of these folks are good, but most of them are part of a legacy team that were hired at the 'cheapest' by an entrepreneur who wanted to keep costs very low (when he started out)

Pearson2014-08-27
  8. "Higher Education Publisher with Highest Standards"

I have been working at Pearson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Highest quality print and media in US Highest quality of ethics in Higher Ed Highest quality of employees in industry Most data to show student success with products

Cons

Working for Pearson January through April is exhausting and all consuming

Advice to Management

Please continue to treat your employees well!

Pearson2014-03-13
  9. "Pearson is the best place to be in Higher Education Publishing"

District Sales Manager

I have been working at Pearson for more than 10 years

Pros

There are many opportunites for advancement within Pearson and a variety of career paths that one can choose. The culture at Pearson is like no other in regards to "Teamwork". It is an "ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL" mentality.

Cons

There is some redundance but the company is taking measure to rectify this.

Advice to Management

Please continue to listen and take the pulse of the sales force in regards to market issues that we are dealing with on a daily basis.

Pearson2014-03-04
  10. "Very rewarding, high performance culture guided by strong core values"

I have been working at Pearson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

My 17 year career at Pearson has provided me with great satisfaction on many levels. Commitment, drive and work ethic are valued and rewarded throughout the organization.We have a very noble mission--to change people's lives through learning. Our products and services support that mission and the people who work here embrace it. Pearson attracts the best and the brightest people who truly put their hearts and souls... into everything that they do--many colleagues have become lifelong friends.

Cons

Our industry is changing rapidly with requires us to be nimble and work all the harder. We are in the midst of organizational transformation to position us for the future, which can feel unsettling at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate openly about the transformation of Pearson. Stay focused on the success of our employees and customers.

Pearson2014-03-10