PayPal "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

PayPal Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated 22 Nov 2019

3.6
PayPal President and CEO  Dan Schulman
Dan Schulman
Pros
Cons
  • "You need to keep an eye on ensuring you have your work life balance(in 149 reviews)

• "frequent re-orgs for no apparent reason(in 51 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Collections"

Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Dundalk

I have been working at PayPal full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic job.Good team good work life balance.Very gold environment to work managers care about staff its easy to book holidays great benefits and bonus

Cons

Longer lunch break needed

Advice to Management

Keep the good work up

PayPal2018-01-08
  2. "IT"

Site Analytics Manager in Dundalk

I worked at PayPal

Pros

Great benefits, good atmosphere, complete training, many options

Cons

Location, hot building, not many other cons to choose from

Advice to Management

none

PayPal2017-02-11

"A great place to develop yourself"

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Executive in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at PayPal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really great company to work for if you want to develop yourself and make some decent money. Great working culture, you will get to know people from all over the world and build your network within the company. Canteen is subsidized and the food is decent. Great benefits, opportunity to invest in shares (definitely do this if you have just landed a job with PayPal). There are some really great people there too who are passionate and knowledgeable about their job. For my first two years with the company I worked under an excellent manager who would walk through walls for his team, had in depth product and process knowledge and was a true motivator. However on the flipside to that, the manager I had for my second 2 years was the polar opposite, sparse product knowledge, few contacts within the company, no idea of chain of escalation, did not inspire or motivate, did not respond to emails and regularly attempted micro managing people who did not require management/training in the area identified. Overall it's a really nice place to work, the people there are what make it what it is,I have made friends at PayPal that I will have for life. The training is excellent (access to Harvard training courses), PayPal will sponsor your studies if they are industry relevant. The integration team does a really good job of supporting the sales floor. PayPal's technology is the industry standard, you will become proficient in some of the world's leading software. PayPal are also a company that will stick by you in difficult times. I suffered with a medical condition which resulted in me missing quite a bit of work and the company was always supportive and accommodating in granting leave.

Cons

These cons are in relation to the telesales department and are not reflective of the company as a whole. Your experience can vary depending on your manager. I had the best 2 years of my career to date when I started with PayPal but once I changed teams due to an organizational shift I found myself reporting into a manager who I felt was under qualified and did more to antagonize staff than motivate them. The vast majority of managers working at PayPal are highly competent and professional but like any company in the world you can sometimes end up with a manager that makes life difficult. I was in a sales position so naturally the role can get stressful from time to time, however this seems to be shifting in the wrong direction for PayPal's sales team as the market reaches saturation. Sales agents who wish to make decent commission can expect to self prospect 80-90% of their leads as the lead generation team tend to recycle dead leads and non profitable companies over and over again! Investment and proper utilization of software can solve that problem but there seems to be a lack of interest/innovation at the management level of lead gen.

Advice to Management

Do whatever you can to keep a hold of the tenured guys you have left. I can think of two or three agents that combined account for almost 50-60% of the revenue generated on the sales floor, this shouldn't be the case and leaves the sales team vulnerable should either agent move on. Start treating people like adults again. When I joined the company the then Head of SMB Sales tried to instill the mantra: "You are the CEO of your own desk" which was a pleasant directive to work under. Treating the staff on the PayPal sales team like you would treat the staff of a call centre with a revolving door policy clearly isn't the right approach and ultimately leads to PayPal inadvertently implementing a revolving door policy. Decide what you want your agents to sell and where they should direct their focus. There seems to be confusion over what should be your flagship product in the UK (PRO or Braintree) Increasing targets year on year is to be expected in any sales position but reducing earning potential in a competitive market will only result in losing those talented people you invested so much time and energy in training! There has been a mass exodus of tenured sales staff over the past two years and this is largely due to the new directive adopted by the current management. In the past the PayPal sales team had operated much the same way as the rest of the business did but after the managerial shakeup in 2014 the sales floors directive took a dramatic turn and it has proved very difficult for many of the staff to adapt to. Call stats are not important!!! Prospecting is important!!! You cannot make 30-40 calls a day to a pipeline of 200 opportunities and trying to do so only serves to damage deals that should be nurtured in many other ways. There are some really great TL's who should be promoted as quickly as possible, they know the business inside out and should be in a more senior position where they can make a greater impact on operations. You still have some really great people there, keep them happy and trust them to do their jobs without the micro management approach.

PayPal2016-04-08
  4. "Senior Customer Solutions Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Solutions Specialist in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at PayPal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clear targets, opportunity to grow within the role, great benefits, very good atmosphere.

Cons

Difficult to get promoted, very strong pressure on targets, big, multi-level corporation.

Advice to Management

Focus on Customer Experience not on surveys.

PayPal2015-04-29

"Great company"

Current Employee - Fraud Agent in Dundalk

I have been working at PayPal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very nice facility with a positive environment. Great benefits including free health care and gym on site to name a few. Company is always growing and has a promising future. Work/life balance is very flexible.

Cons

Difficult and slow trying to move up as lateral career moves are the predominant option.

PayPal2014-10-12
  6. "Paypal is a great place to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PayPal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best work culture, amazing perks, great benefits

Cons

Diversity - need more of it

PayPal2019-11-18
  7. "Decent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Merchant Onboarding in Omaha, NE

I have been working at PayPal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits and Great Office

Cons

Large company constant restructures, was painted an unrealistic picture of job and pay in interview.

PayPal2019-11-22
  8. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at PayPal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to work great benefits

Cons

None at this time everything is great

Advice to Management

Keep it up , great company

PayPal2019-11-05
  9. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Omaha, NE
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at PayPal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits and a fun work place.

Cons

Some days had large work loads with a high volume of calls.

PayPal2019-10-10
  10. "Paypal"

Current Employee - Anonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at PayPal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great atmosphere, culture , great people great benefits , flexible work

Cons

Too many organizational restructures in a short period of time. Management not communicative

PayPal2019-09-12