Found 1,734 of over 8K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are good and the work atmosphere was wonderful." (in 731 reviews)
- "Good work life balance is good" (in 668 reviews)
- "peers were supportive and it was great to meet nice people" (in 512 reviews)
- "Flexibility and culture are great" (in 329 reviews)
- "Not to mention it was good pay and everything was paid for by them" (in 276 reviews)
- "poor management: not trained to manage people." (in 270 reviews)
- "All the good things about the company can go for a toss if you are reporting to a bad manager." (in 180 reviews)
- "very frequent layoffs and reorgs" (in 105 reviews)
- "Poor leadership and lack of long term strategy" (in 104 reviews)
- "Middle and upper management are focused too much on marketing requests at the expense of development needs." (in 52 reviews)
Reviews about "great benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 2.06 Jul 2022Risk Operations AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBengaluru
The only pro is the salary benefit and compensation but if you try harder you can get better pay elsewhere. If you are a fresher this is the best place for you
1) RI Bangalore department is seriously poorly managed and has no proper leadership. 2) Promotion is based on favouritism 3) Seniors/experienced people are not respected here. They just wanted to hire freshers and paid the same for both freshers and 4years experienced employee. 4) Transport team here is really rude and listens to none. 5) Training and mentoring here is a joke. You will be trained by inexperienced and undeserving people as they will be ‘management favourites’ and expect you to learn from them without any complaints. 6)No job security and has micromanagement . 7) HR is for namesake and won’t take your complaints seriously 8) Work-life balance here is bad. You won’t be rewarded for your hardwork. 9) IJP is useless. 10) Half of the people promoted here have no idea how process works and they are training/mentoring new joinees.3
- 4.02 Oct 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSingapore
- Great medical and dental benefits for employee and one more (spouse or family member) - Flexi working hours - a lot of employees work from home but that's because of the late night/early morning calls
- US-centric - low morale sometimes due to incessant number of reorgs3
- 4.014 Jul 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBoston, MA
Benefits are amazing...I have never worked anywhere that provided such a comprehensive benefits package. I could not have asked for more. Immediate team was stellar. Company was very keen on providing training where needed.
PayPal "top brass" talks about not having meetings for the sake of having meetings, but that hasn't made its way down the chain. Many managers still have meetings about having meetings. Unless you are based in San Jose, you will have little room for growth.1
- 3.029 May 2022Disputes & Claims/Credit Risk InvestigationsFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOmaha, NE
When first starting get a great benefits package and say there was a lot of support when first started.
Layoffs with no warning with massive restructuring that doesn't seem to be for the better. Worked in Frontline in a specific department when cross training in all departments started occurring. The training was minimal at best and the line was, "training for the contacts we see come in for those departments" but once started taking calls in other departments felt woefully unprepared and thrown to the wolves.3
- 2.014 Feb 2016Customer Solutions AgentFormer Employee, more than 1 yearChandler, AZ
Pay was really good , only reason I stayed. The benefits are good too and they give you a month sabbatical if you make it to 5 years .
Non stop phone calls, nasty customers, rarely give you time of the phone to do other projects. As far as getting a new position they ask the same redundant questions and basically unless you know someone you have no chance of getting a better position off the phones .
- 3.04 Nov 2013Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsOmaha, NE
Benefits Pay Career Path Your benefits are very good and you won't have a chance to be bored.
Call Center with Occurrences falling off after 180 days. This drives people to go to work when they are deathly ill. Management vision - Switches too often to keep up with High Stress Job Your credit rating defines how far you can go with the company2
- 5.012 Mar 2018Anonymous InternFormer Intern
A very Friendly work environment where everyone is willing to help and give you enough space and authority to learn and develop your own ideas. The intern summit program is the best experience. The benefits and programs designed for interns are very effective for networking and learning more about the company culture.
The time to spend with other interns was little less.
- 5.015 Feb 2018Internal ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsOmaha, NE
PayPal is the undisputed leader in online payments and things are constantly changing. As a company that's been established for nearly twenty years, it's still operates as a start-up at heart but suffers from growing pains in various fields. This leads to new opportunities for those who are willing to step out of their comfort zones. For those that want a stable job and don't care too much for new roles, they will fit in as well. There are many lifers working for PayPal in their operation centers. The company is employee focused and is constantly updating their benefits packages to stay at the leading edge for offerings. The company has some flexibility with scheduling which allows for a healthy work/life balance.
Promotional opportunities are based on your past performance ratings, so if you've had a supervisor who rated you unfairly you'll find it difficult to promote. The pay is competitive at the entry levels, but as you promote they lose some of the competitive edge.1
- 2.018 Jul 2017Credit AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsChandler, AZ
The pros are basically only the benefits and that it would look good on your resume.
Strict rules that are not employee friendly. I've been there 3 years and it's starting to feel strangling, like they just want to pay someone new so they don't have to spend much money. They seem to be having a hard time keeping their employees happy.3
- 3.020 Sept 2015Customer Solutions AgentCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChandler, AZ
The company overall is very good. The benefits are better than most other places and there is matching 401K program as well as company stock options.
I've been here for a little over 2 years and I've begun to hate my job more and more every day. Don't get me wrong some days can be phenomenal and you can feel very proud to be working here. But there are some days when you can't believe you are still here.5