Found 5,779 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The hours are flexible and they usually work with what you need especially with school." (in 350 reviews)
- "The people with whom you work with are usually great people and they become your friends." (in 278 reviews)
- "The other employees make it pretty fun and the money is good when people tip." (in 173 reviews)
- "free pizza and sodas and family discount" (in 163 reviews)
- "the employees can be good and you get free food so dont spend money on groceries" (in 147 reviews)
- "Low pay and it gets really stressful when the dinner rush occurs or when someone randomly decides to order 30 pizzas" (in 401 reviews)
- "Bad management and lack of care" (in 267 reviews)
- "A few managers were bad examples: occasionally borrowing money from the cash register." (in 142 reviews)
- "and no benefits" (in 113 reviews)
- "You get paid less than minimum wage as base pay and don't make much in tips" (in 78 reviews)
- 3.02 Mar 2022SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearDublin, Dublin
They make a great effort to resolve employees dilemmas as quickly as possible.
Always understaffed. They have a tendency to employ mostly young people.
- 2.013 Nov 2023Assistant General ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsRichmond, VA
Pizza, sometimes free, sometimes not
The Richmond Papa Johns market has a pay and leadership issue. They will work you 6 or 7 days unexpectedly and give you a hard time about not being a "team player". In-Store Management is expected to drop everything if someone calls out. Being sick isn't acceptable. The guys (and girls) on top are so out of touch with how stores actually function it is laughable outside of a few new supervisors. They will harp on building good store "culture", but won't won't exercise that same respect themselves. Literally work for anyone else. The best part really is is when they read this and all gossip about who wrote it, that is the "culture".
Papa John's Reviews FAQs
Papa John's has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 6,025 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Papa John's to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
54% of Papa John's employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Papa John's 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.