PageGroup "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

PageGroup Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 21 Nov 2019

4.6
PageGroup CEO Steve Ingham
Steve Ingham
Pros
  • "Michael Page has been a great company to work for since I joined over two years ago(in 120 reviews)

• "Collaborative and inclusive work environment(in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours - 8:30am - 6pm plus working past this to hit targets(in 185 reviews)

• "Hard to manage Work life balance(in 115 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Place To Build a Sales Career"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Michael Page has an absolutely unmatched sales career progression track. Every early promotion within the business is based on numbers and results which is how a sales organization should be. While that can lead to a younger managerial structure, over the last few years Michael Page has made an effort to make sure that once you get to the managerial level your promotions are based not only on numbers but also demonstration of managerial behaviors. This truly puts your career in your own hands and has created a much more sustainable managerial structure moving forward. - Boston is one of our highest growth markets which is creating an overflow of opportunities for those who want to build out markets and grow their careers quickly in the business. - It is a very hands off and autonomous environment that allows you to get creative while also providing a structured training program that builds a foundation for consultants to be able to create phenomenal lasting relationships with candidates and clients - Especially this year, MP had taken initiatives to listen to their employees and enhance their work life balance with more flexible hours and a more dynamic working environment which has already yielded immense benefits to employees.

Cons

- This is a sales environment with 360 degree responsibilities from day one. For people who are early in their careers that can be a lot of responsibility all at once and can take a longer ramp up time to see success. - As mentioned above, it is a very hands off and autonomous environment where you do have to consistently be pro-active in order to prospect and develop your own book of business. Management is working on identifying tools to enhance consultants ability to prospect but it does take a lot of self structure, planning, and high output on a daily basis. If you're on the fence about sales this is probably not the best career path.

Advice to Management

MP genuinely focuses on being a best in class recruitment organization. They provide a world class global training program and a defined career progression track. While getting some of the pro's of a global business, MP Boston is a smaller, high growth office and very much operates like a start up. There are growing pains at times but overall the organization has done a phenomenal job of hiring the right people, creating the right culture, making consistent and noticeable changes based on employee feedback, and most importantly growing their consultants careers. Advice to management is keep doing what you're doing.

PageGroup2019-11-21

"Collaborative Culture, Unlimited Growth Opportunity, Wonderful Mentors"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Supportive + helpful management team -Collaborative and inclusive work environment -Work hard, play hard mentality -Unlimited growth opportunities -Merit based promotions -Top-tier training program -Professional development opportunities -Ability to travel/work internationally -Like-minded, friendly coworkers -Quarterly celebrations + all-inclusive trips for top performers -20+ days PTO -Low turnover -Flex work hours and good work life balance -High base salaries + uncapped bonuses -Gym discounts + great benefits

Cons

-Things aren't handed to you. You have to work hard to see results!

Advice to Management

As a newer employee, I am very thankful for members of management who have acted as incredible mentors thus far in my employment at Michael Page, Boston. They have provided me with a strong foundation to act confidently in my role day to day and offer constant support and guidance. I have never worked for a company where the management team has provided me with so much autonomy and truly trusts me to do my job effectively!

PageGroup2019-11-21

"Excellent career growth opportunity, flexible working hours, Play-hard work-hard culture"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started at Michael Page as an intern and got promoted over time to leading a team and constantly being valued for my contribution and commitment to the firm. Some of the ratings online just do not reflect our culture and team. Please see my experience over the last 2 years: Pros: - clear promotion and achievable bonus targets - potential to double your base salary with bonus incentives - constant effort from senior leadership team to react to employees feedback - flexible working hours with primary focus on performance - Fun work environment, team approach, team meetings and events - Health care package and 401k plan - Extensive training in multiple locations with other consultants

Cons

- Heavy responsibilities managing the full recruitment cycle from candidate generation to client management. - Strong sales focus (not HR, however made clear within the interview process). - Remote working in the making but not fully implemented yet.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees.

"Internship"

Former Intern - Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at PageGroup for less than a year

Pros

Michael Page was better than I could have hoped for. Very collaborative and friendly culture while everyone takes their work very seriously. Management is very up-front about expectations and protective of a positive work environment. If you work hard here it'll pay off.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, it's working!

PageGroup2019-07-17
  5. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Mumbai

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work environment, Friday drink session and fast promotion basis results

Cons

Real time micro management, long working hours

Advice to Management

They can make the work less monotonous in order to strive better results

PageGroup2019-07-10

"Exceptional Recruitment Services"

Former Intern - Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at PageGroup for less than a year

Pros

Extremely welcoming, friendly, and fun work environment. Staff members really pride themselves on fostering long-term business relationships with clients and candidates of the like. The company is very professional in their efforts and offers exceptional recruitment services. They care about their customers and often times implement a very personal touch.

Cons

The hours can be long but the rewards of the job and the company culture make up for it.

PageGroup2019-05-10
  7. "Billing Specialist"

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Barcelona
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at PageGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location Work environment Salary range according to city and position

Cons

Shared Service Center Still not stablished processes (lot of changes)

PageGroup2019-03-12
  8. "Great experience"

Former Intern - Banking and Finance Recruitment in London, England

I worked at PageGroup

Pros

- Positive work-culture - Friendly environment - Fast paced and energetic work environment

Cons

Overall a positive experience as an intern

PageGroup2019-03-20
  9. "Lack of Management"

Former Employee - Manager in Istanbul
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at PageGroup full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good environment to improve sales skills and you learn to endure a challenging working environment.

Cons

Very number oriented, opportunities are not fair and evenly distributed, low salaries, lack of career development, very low employee retention and loyalty, junior management.

Advice to Management

They need build the right environment to keep talented employees inside. They all leave once they understand Michael Page is not the right place.

PageGroup2019-03-19
  10. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Research Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at PageGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Diverse work environment -Work hard, play hard theory

Cons

-Low salary increment -Turn over rate quite high, not everyone is able to take the stress

PageGroup2019-01-29