Ontario Systems Reviews

Updated 6 Aug 2020

3.7
Ontario Systems CEO Tim OBrien (no image)
Tim OBrien
Pros
  • "Welcoming culture, full of great people(in 8 reviews)

• "Great culture, amazing work/life balance, friendly staff and caring leaders(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you work in the Muncie office, you will most likely work in a cubicle(in 8 reviews)

• "Health insurance is a high-deductible HSA plan(in 4 reviews)

"Love it hear... Those that left are bitter... Those still here are Performers. CEO is transparent and a real leader."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Ontario Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is evolving quickly and on a strong growth path. There is new, smart leadership and a vision for the company that we haven't seen in a long time. Gone are the days where everyone is treated the same... It's becoming a performance culture and that is refreshing to those who work hard and want to be rewarded for that work. Those who want to check boxes, or punch a ticket, should look somewhere else. The company is going places and it is investing heavily in its people.

Cons

There is change, but it is for the positive. IF you don't like change, that's unfortunate.

August 6, 2020Director, People Services

Thanks so much for the positive review! We're excited you are on this journey with us! Change is a pathway to innovation and we undoubtedly will hit some potholes along the way; keep using your voice to share your feedback with us and encourage others along the way! ~Darla (Darla Brown, Director, People Services)

"Lots of (exciting) change and high-growth potential"

5.0

I have been working at Ontario Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ontario's people are welcoming, hard-working, passionate, and possess deep industry expertise. The newly minted executive team has pumped some much needed new blood into the organization and I'm excited to see how our new tenants of accountability propel the company forward.

Cons

While there could be improvements on the diversity front, leadership has acknowledged the gap and committed to actionable plans and an open dialogue with its employees. Looking forward to see how our company evolves and implements these new policies.

Continue reading

"Love working here. Lots of changes happening that are good for the company, employees, and customers."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Ontario Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is taking action to change. The leaders are very transparent about goals and where the company is headed. Flexible work hours and plenty of PTO and VTO. Great company culture.

Cons

When in the office, you'll most likely be working in a cubicle style setting.

"Company is evolving, level setting."

Current Employee - Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Ontario Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is evolving rapidly. I think the direction is very positive. Staff who are resilient, high-performers looking to make an impact, learn and grow a career will flourish under the new direction. This who are looking to coast and are historically low performers will be unhappy and leave. I am encouraged by the new focus on accountability.

Cons

Benefits could use some updating.

August 6, 2020Director, People Services

Thank you for your feedback! Change can be hard, yet we are excited about our mission to become a modern digital payments company and value your engagement with us on this journey! You are critical to our success! ~Darla (Darla Brown, Director, People Services)

"Looking for a rewarding carrier in technology at a great company? Look no further, Ontario Systems is the place!"

I have been working at Ontario Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We are leading the collections and payments service industry with products that our clients want and need to succeed. Lots of future growth potential.

Cons

Transitioning to new management and new processes can be difficult but is needed in order to continue to grow in the industry and as a competitive company.

"I've grown as a professional at Ontario Systems"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Ontario Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Willing to invest in people & new technology Flexible work hours and structure Generous PTO and Volunteer Time Off (VTO) Focus on teamwork/collaboration Have a say in my role direction and responsibilities Access to high-quality training through LinkedIn Learning

Cons

Need more communication about company goals Need more health insurance options

August 6, 2020Director, People Services

Thank you for your positive review! You're spot on regarding our focus on our people - it's what drives our You-Powered Culture! And as we roll out our new goals management and continuous feedback system, we're excited to help bring further transparency to our corporate strategy, our key milestones, and reward results! Thank you for your engagement! Call on me or anyone on the People Services team at any time. ~Darla

7. "Profit Over People"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Former Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Ontario Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some exceptional humans work in the ranks here Great customers The market potential is high

Cons

OS has abruptly become a "profit over people" type of org Extraordinarily little in terms of diversity and no clear effort to change that from the top-down There are very, very few women “at the table” Company foundationally lacks customer-centricity in product or strategy, and decisions appear to be made solely on financial targets without consideration for actual market needs People continually asked to do more and more with less and less

Continue reading
  8. "Comfortable transition spot - not a place to grow a career"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ontario Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, kind and family-oriented company culture, very involved in community support and volunteering

Cons

Abhorrent/stagnant industry, stiflingly conservative with both technology and managerial structure/opportunity, no commitment to learning beyond the role you’re hired for

"Good People, A Lot of Changes Happening"

4.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Project Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Ontario Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The salary is competitive, the people are friendly, and executives are communicative.

Cons

Building is depressing, benefits need an overhaul, and the company is undergoing substantial re-structuring

10. "Culture is Changing"

Former Employee - Support Specialist

I worked at Ontario Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexibility, friendly co-workers, great culture that I hope doesn't go away under new management.

Cons

They use reduction in force to find money where needed. Don't give into consideration the talent they are losing. Just looking for a bottom number to hit. Health Insurance, Leadership, Low Compensation, Outdated Technology

Found 55 reviews