NextRoll Employee Reviews about "401k match"

Updated Aug 4, 2020

Found 13 of over 301 reviews

3.8
NextRoll CEO Robin Bordoli
Robin Bordoli
Pros
  • "Work-Life Balance: I will admit that I've never been good at striking a good balance here so I tend to be on the work-heavy end of the spectrum(in 26 reviews)

• "Great people work for this company(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "no 401k match, a current hiring freeze(in 14 reviews)

• "Feels like normal growing pains when trying to shift the direction of a company(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "401k match"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great people, adaptive culture, compassionate leadership

Aug 4, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Ample growth opportunities to progress as an individual contributor or manager - Support and encourage employees to move to new areas of the business - Leadership prioritizes Diversity and Inclusion, for example, delivering bias and ally trainings, supporting employee resource groups, and implementing unbiased hiring best practices - Access to leadership and mentors across the company - Performance-based reward system: if you are a high performer, you will be able to quickly grow your career here - Salaries are competitive

Cons

- No 401k matching (definitely a downside) - Hard to get any significant amount of shares unless highly tenured or in leadership and/or engineering

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

They don't care about People as they say

Jun 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office, great people, and great culture.

Cons

No lunch No 401K match I was expecting that they would take a risk for their people when Covid-19, but instead, they saved their butt and laid off 30% of the workforce.

9 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Sharp, Transparent, Compassionate Team

Apr 28, 2020 - Product Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at NextRoll for only a few months now, so I can't speak to how the company may or may not have evolved culturally over time (as all organizations do), but I do feel compelled to highlight some of my experiences so far. 1. This team is sharp. It is incredibly exciting to get to work with such intelligent and tenacious people, who (this applies most to the product team) think in a product and customer first mindset. 2. Leaders are transparent and they act on feedback. I've truly never experienced working with a leadership team who are so consistently transparent AND who respond / iterate based on feedback from employees. I came from a much larger company previously and this style certainly was not a thing. If feedback actually managed to bubble up to the leaders it would be addressed with an email from the People team or Legal and that was that. I hope current employees realize how special this is to have in a leadership team. 3. Leaders (and the team as a whole) don't just pay the standard lip service to inclusivity and employee wellbeing, they walk the talk on this. I know that some recent posters might take issue with my assertion here, but again, in MY experience senior leaders see inclusivity & wellbeing as a set of actions-- whether it's using "they, them" language in meetings, or advocating for equitable treatment for remote workers. NO organization is going to be perfect, but other companies could take a lesson in how to lead by example from this team. I want to specifically call-out Toby (CEO) as someone who I've seen model this behavior and truly cares for the employees more than almost anyone.

Cons

I don't have much to say here, joining a new company just before a once in a generation pandemic and economic crisis is certainly interesting, but I don't think it's fair to shift short-term blame to the team on this one. There's not a company around who isn't being faced with tough choices right now. From what I've seen folks at NextRoll are doing the best they can with what they can. That being said, 401K matching would be nice :)

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

NextRoll was bad even when times were good.

May 10, 2020 - Full Time Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was lucky to find a new job before the layoffs. Unlike many of my former coworkers who are now unemployed.

Cons

With few exceptions, management is terrible. It's a boys club, and leadership encourages favoritism. The company pays lip service to diversity and inclusion, but they just have ERG parties to show for it. Engineering and sales are the worst--do not join unless you are a white or asian male. Even then, good luck. The company is not likely to ever IPO. Instead, find a company that isn't too cheap for a 401k match.

12 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Mar 30, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, great people and culture

Cons

no 401k match, a current hiring freeze

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

CEO on Friday: Layoffs will be a last resort. CEO on Monday: Layoffs tomorrow.

Apr 8, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture built from legacy values Competent employees who are willing to work hard to see the company succeed Benefits are really great NY and Dublin office locations are great G Suite, Slack, Salesforce, Asana

Cons

CEO: Toby's true leadership colors have shown with how he handled the lead up to and the layoffs of 174 employees (30% of total). What a let down from our "CEO". Please treat us as adults and be transparent. Robot reading poorly written speeches did not create confidence or show that you cared about what was to come. You have lost employee faith. Unrealistic timelines for company wide initiatives: Leadership have ideas that sound good, but no idea how to effectively lead their departments to work together to create successful and on time launches. Examples of this are the delayed rollout of RollWorks and the delayed rebrand from AdRoll Group to NextRoll; delays to CPQ rollout; and delays to SaaS initiatives. Incompetent people in high places: The layoffs highlighted protection of upper management. This was an opportunity to push out certain upper management and show faith in the competent/tenured/company-driven lower level employee. Instead you chose to keep 99% of upper management. Leadership strongly needs to identify those SVPs, VPs, and Sr. Directors who are not competent department heads, and ultimately, not trusted by their own teams (or other departments). Lack of D&I at the top: There is a visible boys' club at the top. And it's uncomfortable. Salaries/Promotions: Salaries offered are lower than industry. Getting a pay rise/promotion can be hard, even for those who place in the highest performance brackets. Favoritism is shown. Other: - No 401k match - SF HQ location could be better/safer - After 12+ years this global company is still a relative unknown in the global tech space. - The company name is NextRoll. It has "troll" in it. - As shown by what has happened with COVID19, leadership had/have no contingency plan.

27 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

So very good.

Aug 2, 2019 - Account Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel that this company cares about me and my success + growth. They are constantly allocating recourses to help me learn and grow and succeed in my role. We are growing quickly so the opportunities are endless. Also, the people that work here are incredible and you will feel like part of the family in no time. My days are busy and challenging and filled with fun people who are there to help me along the way. Work/Life balance has never once been an issue here- they never ask me ot put work before my family. Not to mention the fantastic parties and food that they provide- we are completely spoiled! I just can't say enough about this fantastic workplace- I feel extremely fortunate to have landed a position here at AdRoll.

Cons

No 401K matching. We are growing and changing rapidly so it can be difficult at times to keep up. The job is challenging but highly rewarding. Sometimes there is a lot of pressure to perform and that can be difficult as we are still building processes. There are a select few people that will do anything to get ahead and are toxic, but those people are quickly drowning in the sea of incredible people we have and continue to hire on.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome company culture, good growth opportunities, great benefits.

Jan 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent team culture and collaborative environment. Great benefits. Competitive pay. Opportunities for career growth and personal development.

Cons

Not the most organized at times. Moves fast and breaks things, but doesn't always fix them afterward. Needs to be more thoughtful when starting a new program or project. No 401k match.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work! Great people. Great experience builder.

Nov 25, 2018 - Vice President Senior Business Leader in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Attracts and hires only the best. AdRoll Group is willing to take time to fill positions rather than bring in someone who doesn't have the skills or won't be a great fit *Develops individuals to their highest potential. The work is challenging and if you are a strong performer you'll get the kind of experience you will be proud to add to your resume *The Company and executives genuinely care about and are invested in D&I initiatives. And while there is still work to be done, AdRoll Group is certainly on the right path especially compared to similar tech companies in SF *Recent executive changes were handled professionally with smart transitions and honored departures *As a mid-sized and profitable company with ~500 employees - it's not the craziness of a start-up and not the hum-drum job of a big company *Dogs, snacks, fun Friday All Hands events. What more would you want?!

Cons

*Overall benefits are only so-so: No 401k matching; Dental and Vision is only minimal coverage; Value of equity is not clear

Be the first to find this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Inspired and happy

Apr 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very strong culture. Lots of investment in people from a training, health and career growth perspective. Strong Product focus with large engineering team and smart product management. No egos. Can't say enough about how well the company does in recruiting smart, motivated and team oriented people with no ego. Makes coming to work everyday something to look forward to. CEO is very strong and is working hard to; grow the business, keep the culture and increase transparency and accountability. Strong vision for company.

Cons

Could use 401k match.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews