NextRoll Employee Reviews about "401k match"

Updated Jun 10, 2020

Found 9 of over 349 reviews

4.1
NextRoll Interim CEO, CFO, Co-founder Peter Krivkovich
Peter Krivkovich
Pros
  • "I worked in AdRoll for almost 3 years and I enjoyed every single day(in 65 reviews)

• "Since this is where I find the company to be *remarkable*, I'll start with why I consider this is how work/life balance should be done(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Management appears to be very disconnected on what's going on in the AdRoll BU(in 30 reviews)

• "From what I've seen folks at NextRoll are doing the best they can with what they can(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "401k match"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

They don't care about People as they say

Jun 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office, great people, and great culture.

Cons

No lunch No 401K match I was expecting that they would take a risk for their people when Covid-19, but instead, they saved their butt and laid off 30% of the workforce.

9 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

NextRoll was bad even when times were good.

May 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was lucky to find a new job before the layoffs. Unlike many of my former coworkers who are now unemployed.

Cons

With few exceptions, management is terrible. It's a boys club, and leadership encourages favoritism. The company pays lip service to diversity and inclusion, but they just have ERG parties to show for it. Engineering and sales are the worst--do not join unless you are a white or asian male. Even then, good luck. The company is not likely to ever IPO. Instead, find a company that isn't too cheap for a 401k match.

15 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Mar 30, 2020 - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, great people and culture

Cons

no 401k match, a current hiring freeze

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

CEO on Friday: Layoffs will be a last resort. CEO on Monday: Layoffs tomorrow.

Apr 8, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture built from legacy values Competent employees who are willing to work hard to see the company succeed Benefits are really great NY and Dublin office locations are great G Suite, Slack, Salesforce, Asana

Cons

CEO: Toby's true leadership colors have shown with how he handled the lead up to and the layoffs of 174 employees (30% of total). What a let down from our "CEO". Please treat us as adults and be transparent. Robot reading poorly written speeches did not create confidence or show that you cared about what was to come. You have lost employee faith. Unrealistic timelines for company wide initiatives: Leadership have ideas that sound good, but no idea how to effectively lead their departments to work together to create successful and on time launches. Examples of this are the delayed rollout of RollWorks and the delayed rebrand from AdRoll Group to NextRoll; delays to CPQ rollout; and delays to SaaS initiatives. Incompetent people in high places: The layoffs highlighted protection of upper management. This was an opportunity to push out certain upper management and show faith in the competent/tenured/company-driven lower level employee. Instead you chose to keep 99% of upper management. Leadership strongly needs to identify those SVPs, VPs, and Sr. Directors who are not competent department heads, and ultimately, not trusted by their own teams (or other departments). Lack of D&I at the top: There is a visible boys' club at the top. And it's uncomfortable. Salaries/Promotions: Salaries offered are lower than industry. Getting a pay rise/promotion can be hard, even for those who place in the highest performance brackets. Favoritism is shown. Other: - No 401k match - SF HQ location could be better/safer - After 12+ years this global company is still a relative unknown in the global tech space. - The company name is NextRoll. It has "troll" in it. - As shown by what has happened with COVID19, leadership had/have no contingency plan.

29 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome company culture, good growth opportunities, great benefits.

Jan 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent team culture and collaborative environment. Great benefits. Competitive pay. Opportunities for career growth and personal development.

Cons

Not the most organized at times. Moves fast and breaks things, but doesn't always fix them afterward. Needs to be more thoughtful when starting a new program or project. No 401k match.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Inspired and happy

Apr 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very strong culture. Lots of investment in people from a training, health and career growth perspective. Strong Product focus with large engineering team and smart product management. No egos. Can't say enough about how well the company does in recruiting smart, motivated and team oriented people with no ego. Makes coming to work everyday something to look forward to. CEO is very strong and is working hard to; grow the business, keep the culture and increase transparency and accountability. Strong vision for company.

Cons

Could use 401k match.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing Pains?

Apr 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

+ Mostly nice people who care about keeping a nice environment + Very ego-free C-Suite - approachable and open (don't even have their own offices!) + Beautiful office space with lots of light and common areas + Love that you can work from home easily and dial in on the go + Accrue PTO pretty fast (but you don't get sick time so that's probably why) + 100% covered health insurance + Dogs at the office! + Toby, the CEO, is a really nice guy who engages regularly with people around the office which is not always something you would expect + Security and kitchen staff are really kind, friendly, and attentive people. + Nice snacks and drinks that are mostly healthy so you don't sugar crash

Cons

- Horrible work life balance across the org - too many people seem really stretched thin and on the brink of burnout - Pay and benefits are not amazing (no 401k match, no gym, no lunch catering - not to sound spoiled but the tech industry is competitive in these areas) - Not much cross-dept team building or mingling going on. People are cliquish. - Parking is very expensive- also hard to get a spot as lot is tiny (hard for a long commute like mine) - D&I is talked about, but you don't see much happening - honestly, it feels like disingenuous at times. For example, I feel the spirit animals should be renamed to value guides because I don't think it is respectful to indigenous American people and that could push diverse people away from applying. - There are some definitely questionable people who get away with NOT being team players or working very hard (or at all) - A lot of the newer leadership is questionable at best (new managers/directors do not encompass values) - too much favoritism going on/politics - Neighborhood is nice but really far out in the city - No kombucha or juice in the kitchen but 7 kinds of sparkling water........

6 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

6 months & not counting

Apr 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- extremely flexible work environment. I never feel shy about asking to work from home or take a personal day - amazing culture. every week we have an employee host our all hands. we have a super funny workplace ops guy who makes our events hilarious. I've never had more fun working for a company than I do here. - very focused on diversity and hope it continues! - new CEO is goal oriented and has an amazing vision for the company within the next two years which he is holding every team accountable for. I think this kind of leadership is what will drive AdRoll's continued success in the market.

Cons

- not very competitive on the comp side. mostly just wish we had a 401K match and free lunch! however they were willing to pay me at the top of the band for my role, do have free uber rides home, and do monthly lunches and tons of lunch & learns that provide free lunch.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Oct 29, 2016 -  in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great training and onboarding process -Passionate employees, everyone is excited to be there -Awareness of the competitive space - AdRoll is constantly seeking competitive advantages to maintain its relevance -Moving into the Mission - the old Lyft offices! Fun area to work around

Cons

-There is no 401K Match

Be the first to find this review helpful