Nestlé Purina U.S. Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 27 Jan 2020

4.0
Nestlé Purina U.S. CEO Joseph R. Sivewright
Joseph R. Sivewright
Pros
  • "This is a excellent place for work life balance - 4 day work week- AMAZING(in 255 reviews)

• "There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St(in 117 reviews)

Cons
  • "Could have a better Work - Life balance(in 89 reviews)

• "Long hours sometimes they can force you to stay extra hours to cover(in 21 reviews)

1. "Listen to me meow, Baby"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people, genuine, caring people. I couldn't and wouldn't be happier anywhere else.

Cons

Having to deal with the creatives, Group Executive Managing Director and CEO at the NY advertising agency, Avrett Free Ginsberg.

Advice to Management

Address the one major con.

2. "cat's meow"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

top to bottom, we have the finest working people in all of missouri.

Cons

dealing with the CEO of the advertising agency in nyc. he's not a good person.

Advice to Management

Fantastic all around.

3. "Hi there."

Former Employee - Research Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My immediate manager is the best. So is everyone.

Cons

Our partnered advertising agency and their executive group managing director is difficult and unknowledgeable,

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and take a long look at the nyc advertising agency and the people we interact with :(

Nestlé Purina U.S.2020-01-27
  4. "Great time to be here."

Current Employee - Leadership in Lake St Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong mission and purpose. High performing. Strong Innovation pipeline. Winning culture. Always something new/fun/interesting/exciting happening.

Cons

Working hard to not feel big.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on Agility, Growth Mindset and Winning. It’s working.

Nestlé Purina U.S.2020-01-23
  5. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Petcare Specialist in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy my day to day work. My supervisor cares about how I am doing.They do a great developing me. I have enjoyed the new approach with skill development and the clear communication on how to grow. I like my work team and loosing a few bad eggs lately has made my job so much better. This is a excellent place for work life balance - 4 day work week- AMAZING!!

Cons

I have none. I really enjoy my job.

Advice to Management

We are short staffed from time to time - keep working to hire as quickly as possible.

Nestlé Purina U.S.2020-01-15
  6. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Manager - PTC in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are so many positives but some of the highlights are the people, passion about pets, emphasis on quality, able to bring pets to work, the St. Louis campus. Also the senior leadership, both in the PTC and in the NA business. They are focused on the business but still really care about the people.

Cons

Only cons I can think of are that we are saddled with Nestle policies and procedures that are not necessarily the best for operating our business efficiently. Nestle is a great company but needs to recognize the uniqueness of our business and one size does not fit all.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Nestlé Purina U.S.2020-01-09
  7. "Great Place Full of Wonderful Happy People"

Current Employee - Corporate Communications in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company fosters a welcoming environment and one of ease during the on-boarding process. With so much to learn, there was a great focus on getting me settled and up-to-speed so that I could feel grounded in my given area. It is also a pleasure to see many of the things surrounding professional development and goals are not just talk, but built into my position and that of my manager. There is a feeling of team collaboration, but also the collective idea of us all working to achieve our goals. One team, one dream is what a co-worker said to me recently and I think it fits well with what I've experienced thus far. The internal communications platforms have been my saving grace for keeping up with information and learning more about the company. I've made it a habit to check daily and now I don't feel as in the dark about opportunities and important dates around campus.

Cons

This is a massive organization and at times it feels like you are treading water. The on-boarding process was a bit confusing and while we went over items in orientation, the "to-dos" are lengthy and can be cumbersome. Campus parking is something I was not prepared for. It is central, but with so many people located at HQ, if you arrive after the morning rush you could find yourself taking a hike to get to your building.

Nestlé Purina U.S.2020-01-07
  8. "It's was good. Management needs some work!"

Former Employee - Production Operator in Hartwell, GA

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation, benefits, and opportunity. Some people are nice and friendly. The breaks are good, the employee center is a nice treat for short relaxation during breaks. They are big on safety, so that's a good thing. Training is good, but could also use a little work in some areas. There's easy access to office staff, if there not in a meeting. It was nice that the VP "Pat" would come and he knew me by my name, even if I didn't have my name on my shirt. The VP would come talk to us on the floor, very personable! They provide meals on occasion. The discounts with perks at work were nice. Basically, if you work for it, they will go out of there way to get employees what they want. PTO time and vacations time off is decent. They do work with you on alot of things, HR understand life happens.

Cons

It gets stressful. There's a lot of pressure on operators to be successful. There's to many people saying to many things about what the operators should do, which causes confusion and to much pressure causes people to mess up. The team leaders are rubish, rude, and seem to have a bad attitude about things, sometimes. Communication is a area that needs approvement, facilitators need to communicate action plans better. Stop showing favoritism to certain people. Competency matrix needs revision. The point system isn't that good, it could be better. Easy to be terminated. No room for mistakes!

Advice to Management

To treat people equal, and be fair with all employees. Give people a fair chance and appreciate the ones that put in the hard work. And stop showing favoritism to people. It's not fair to those who also want opportunity, too! Stop fussing about the small things that don't matter. I think, personally, employees need more group discussions and round table meetings with HR (HR that actually works on site). If you set a deadline for anything, make sure it's completed. Overall, you guys have a lot of potential. It's been nice meeting you all and thanks for the learning opportunity!

Nestlé Purina U.S.2020-01-18

"Should've Listened to Reviews"

Former Employee - Senior Petcare Specialist in Saint Joseph, MO
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are great, coworkers are fabulous, and of course the animals.

Cons

This company does great things. And I believe the majority of the company is good, but the location in St. Joseph leaves much to be desired. The higher ups absolutely disregard what it's workers say when it comes to changes. For example, setting unrealistic goals for its dog trainers and expecting the animals to still pass their training program when we have to walk a certain number of dogs a day. It leaves gaps in their training. They're looking for quantity over quality. Speaking of training- there is a huge lack of training. They had 5 trainees to one trainer. On the first day of orientation, my group found ourselves wandering around trying to figure out where we needed to be next because nobody had showed up to escort us to the next place. There were also things never mentioned to us that we found out weeks later. It's like a coworker said, "We have to mess up to even learn things here." There needs to be a serious revamping of training here. Workers are expected to take 2 fifteen breaks a day and most days, my coworkers and I never took them because of the amount of work required of us, There's a reason there is such a high turnover rate there.

Advice to Management

My advice- listen to reviews like this, listen to your employees, and actually do the work to make a change! Maybe have the higher ups (like those setting goals for us that are in a office/meetings all day) participate in a "day in the life of" so they know how much pressure they're putting on their employees.

Nestlé Purina U.S.2020-01-10
  10. "Great Place To Work, Limited Opportunities"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Nestlé Purina U.S. full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Management is great and wants to set you up for success - Collaborative people - Focused on healthy work life balace - Pays well

Cons

- Small office, hard to move up if no positions are available

Nestlé Purina U.S.2019-12-04