Myplanet Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Myplanet Reviews

Updated 18 Nov 2019

4.7
Myplanet CEO Jason Cottrell (no image)
Jason Cottrell
Pros
  • "Work life balance (Really understand that employees have life outside work)(in 11 reviews)

• "The Leadership Team are available, communicative and hands-on(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing and is facing 'growing pains'(in 8 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great place to fully use your development skills"

Current Employee - Software Developer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of career opportunities, all the while learning the ropes of development and the process behind it. If you are looking for ways to sharpen your development skills, this is a place to be.

Cons

At times, projects seem incompletely defined which might put more pressure on the development teams.

Myplanet2019-11-18
  2. "Great working environment, great people and tons of benefits!"

Current Employee - Event & Advocate Marketing Coordinator in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

- people are fantastic - you have the freedom to work in the environment that best suits you - incredible benefits - workplace activities which encourages interaction and collaboration with colleagues - CEO is transparent with the company and the future. Can ask questions in an anonymous method with respectible and honest answers. CEO wants to listen to new ideas and promote this transparent attitude (cares... about all employees)

Cons

- you are responsible for your own work, no one is going to babysit you (doesn't work for all) - there is a lot to learn at first - you must be willing to take initiative in learning what you need to know and how the company works to succeed

Myplanet2019-07-26
  3. "Truly A Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

-the people -the office -the office dogs -the atmosphere -the work is super interesting Generally, I feel that the leadership and the CEO truly care about the people that work with them and for them. It is a people first organization and it is a pleasant place to spend your day.

Cons

-I can't think of any to be honest -There aren't that many healthy food places around the office to eat at

Myplanet2019-07-26
  4. "Great place to work and explore more with fun !!!!"

Current Employee - Software Developer In Test

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best thing is the work culture. It doesn't matter what limitations one has, team will figure out the way to solve and encourage each other. Management knows the importance of work life balance.

Cons

Self learning and exploring things feels overwhelming sometimes because of limited resources but negligible if, you are enthusiastic to figure out the ways on your own and educate others

Myplanet2019-07-25
  5. "Nimble, innovative, a people-first organization"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truly values candidness and feedback, constant introspective thinking at the organization-level to strive to become a better company, collective sense of belonging and shared purpose among employees

Cons

Nothing negative keeping me up at night!

Myplanet2019-07-25

"By far the best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Product Strategist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Organization genuinely cares about their employees - Structured soft & hard skills development and professional growth - Good opportunities for career progression - Interesting mix of enterprise-level clients and projects - Plenty of learning opportunities, including regular in-office talks, library, online resources and more - Welcoming, open and diverse culture - Awesome, hard-working colleagues who... are real experts in their respective fields - Very flexible on WFH and core hours - they realize that employees have lives outside of the office - The Leadership Team are available, communicative and hands-on - Strike an excellent balance of autonomy and support - So. Many. Dogs.

Cons

- Work can ramp up and down quickly, meaning some days might be very quiet while others are extremely busy - this doesn't suit everyone.

Advice to Management

Communication is very open at the moment between the Leadership Team and employees, as we continue to scale as an organization I think it's important to find new ways to ensure this continues.

Myplanet2019-05-08

"Guided and grown by values"

Current Employee - Designer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- A growing culture of openness and diversity - Professional guidance for hard and soft skills and clear paths of advancement - Tri-weekly drop-in meditation and annual Mindfulness training offered in office - Self-organized wellness and special interest groups who and meet for fitness/planking, food related interests, gaming etc. - Established group of long-term team members with a solid culture at it's core -... Lots of new, fresh ideas that come with new hires - Management is accessible and approachable. get's hands dirty - Focus on Emotional Intelligence in hiring process helps maintain our values and culture despite growth - Humane work from home policy - Office dogs!

Cons

- With a growing team, we've seen culture shift and re-stabilize. - We're agile, so we pivot when needed which may not suit those looking for a product focused, static org structure and skills base

Advice to Management

- Continue to grow our team with our shared values in mind, to ensure our culture and values are maintained

8. "Love this place"

Current Employee - Frontend Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great projects, great leadership and great colleagues. Varied and interesting work. Remote-worker friendly. Clear career development paths. Good benefits.

Cons

Erm... honestly can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing.

Myplanet2019-04-23
  9. "A true learning organization with a growth mindset!"

Current Employee - Partnerships Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Been working at Myplanet for a year and a half. The work is challenging but extremely rewarding and opportunities to grow present itself at every step (combined with some of the best leadership I've seen in tech). The biggest pro of working at Myplanet is that it is truly a learning organization. The company is invested in learning, improving processes, and helping teams/individuals upskill and grow. There is a... growth path for everyone (individual contributor, team lead etc). Other pros: - Get to work with some of the smartest and kindest people. - Taking on big and complex projects that involve emerging interfaces. Myplanet is working on future-thinking platform projects. -Tech agnostic - so you get exposed to a wide range of emerging and legacy tech partners in the industry.

Cons

Team is growing in size and space is limited at our downtown HQ but that is changing as we're expanding our space downtown!

Advice to Management

Keep growing the business without losing its' soul!

Myplanet2019-04-23

"Great Founder Culture With Values"

Current Employee - Partner Team in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Myplanet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of energy and great client brands. And working on the latest tech. It's cool to read about interfaces like conversation and voice, or enablers like AI, and then come to work and see them being proposed, then developed. Having lots of clients and partners internationally broadens the scope of work too.

Cons

It's a fast, growing company so not all of the details and processes are ironed out or thought of. And there will often be last minute things. It's an Agile shop but you'll need to be agile too. If you've worked for companies before with a hundred people or so, you'll get it.

Advice to Management

It's not arriving that's important, but the steps you take in getting there.

Found 74 reviews