Cover image for Morgan McKinley
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Morgan McKinley Employee Reviews about "recruitment"

Updated 22 Nov 2021

Found 50 of over 607 reviews

4.3
Morgan McKinley Chief Executive Officer  Gerald Fitzgerald
Gerald Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "Good work life balance all round(in 33 reviews)

• "I was working as a vendor at Microsoft through Morgan McKinley(in 61 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I'm happy with Morgan McKinley as my employer(in 21 reviews)

• "Career progression is a mystical opportunity that doesn't exist unless you are there 6 years(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "recruitment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Best recruitment consltancy in Ireland

23 Feb 2019 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had the amazing opportunity to work in Morgan Mckinley. It was one of the best experience in the recruitment consultancy that I have ever had. I worked in the IT team. I work with passionate, enthusiastic and smart people. The manager was brilliant. He was very involved with the team and kept an amazing atmosphere between us.

Cons

I would expect a better package from a company like Morgan McKinley (health and dental insurance, work from home, etc). Other than that, there are no red flags.

Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your fantastic feedback! We're so pleased to read about your positive experience working in our Dublin office. We are continuously looking at ways to improve, and our benefits offering is high on our agenda. We wish you all the very best for the future.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you like being underpaid, crucified by KPIs and a stagnant career, this is the place for you.

11 Oct 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are young and looking to gain some experience in recruitment, this is a good place the start for experience only!

Cons

They talk about diversity - yet there is no evidence of diversity in the company! Career progression is a mystical opportunity that doesn't exist unless you are there 6 years + when they start making up jobs with fancy new titles for the senior people but in reality nothing changes. Its an old boys club "Managers" have zero people management skills across the company and their self serving attitude they had as a recruiter 8 years ago remains the same Despite how much you bill, they will only talk about KPIs... basically they need to justify the job middle management do so KPIs is their go to for that! Does it make logical sense? No! there is no place for logic here. They will wow you with an extravagant and expensive xmas party in a 5* hotel, instead of paying you a fair wage for your job. Salary disparity if rife! Consultants with the same experience could have differing salaries by nearly 5K with no reasoning behind it at all.

People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I’m really concerned and disappointed to hear your commentary. It has made for some very hard reading. I am sorry that you feel the way that you do, and that your experience has fallen well short of expectations. We take all feedback seriously, and I would welcome the opportunity to confidentiality discuss your feedback further - please reach out to me directly: awebb@morganmckinley.com

3. Join the Morgan McKinley team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good training

16 Aug 2020 - Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to start recruitment career as good training in place

Cons

Sometimes politics were too much

Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to read your thoughts on training and that you consider MMK a great place to start a career in recruitment.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good business but strategy doesn't match reality

14 Mar 2018 - Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of little benefits like free food or drinks on a Friday. Also, if you're a top performer you get nights away in 5 star hotels and financially can be very well rewarded. The location is excellent and generally most of the people that work here are really nice and helpful. It's a fantastic place to start a career in recruitment and/or HR.

Cons

There is a disconnect between senior leadership and consultants. They have no idea about the real reasons people leave and will always look to blame external conditions rather than themselves. People leave because of people. There's a big push for the digitization of the business, which I can understand in terms of being at the forefront of technology. But if the same investment and time was put into developing the people in the business, they would be far more successful and have a higher employee retention rate.

1 person found this review helpful

Global Head of HR

Thank you for your review. I'm keen to understand your feedback and would value the opportunity to have a confidential discussion to discuss same. We are a people business and driving a winning culture is one of our top priorities, so it is important to understand your feedback in more detail. Please contact me confidentially at hgallagher@morganmckinley.ie

6. 5.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Overall Great Place To Work

6 Nov 2017 - Receptionist in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

All employees incredible helpful and want the best for you. Very good pay in comparison to other recruitment companies

Cons

The work can be very in consistent.

Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your review. We're pleased to hear how positively you rate our people and wish you all the best for the future.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

An ambitious Company with a big heart

13 Apr 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great career progression opportunities. A large global organisation with a smaller family feel. The culture in MMK is fanstastic. Authentic leaders. Great flexibility options and transformational in their approach to recruitment.

Cons

There is so much going on that you really need to be selective as to what you get involved in so you don't become overstretched.

8. 5.0

Working at Morgan McKinley

14 Feb 2017 - Manager in Cork
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support from Leadership team. Competition starts outside these four walls mantra. Excellent support for working mums, great package and a very friendly place to work. Family type atmosphere, great work being done with CSR and a real sense that we're all in this together. Excellent ongoing training, open door policy, very approachable Senior Leadership, great incentives and big billers are really well rewarded. Excellent career pathway and visible progression at your fingertips. There's a no overtime culture which is refreshing in agency recruitment and when people are struggling, there's a very supportive group of people to help.

Cons

Communication can be somewhat haphazard and not filtered down through the business. Maternity leave policy could be much better.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thanks for your review - as a working mum myself I am delighted to hear that you feel supported in our organisation. We are always looking for ways to enhance our overall employee offering so I appreciate your feedback - feel free to contact me in confidence if you would like to discuss in more detail - thanks, Helen hgallagher@morganmckinley.ie

9. 5.0

Recruitment Consultant

9 Feb 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Cork
      Business Outlook

Pros

Care for their staff, best recruitment agency

Cons

There are too many not needed KPI's

HR Manager

Thanks for your review - it's great to hear that you feel we are the best recruitment agency! Your opinions are really valued so please feel free to contact me if you would like to provide any additional feedback. thanks, Helen hgallagher@morganmckinley.ie

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Senior Manager

19 Aug 2016 - Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Morgan McKinley is an excellent company to work for for people who want to develop a career in Recruitment. They have a very competitive commission structure with uncapped earning potential. The training for new and existing people is second to none and the ongoing support they give to their staff is exceptional. Career progression and developing their people is something they feel strongly about. Everyone is constantly looking out for each other and there is that great sense of community within the company.

Cons

No downsides come to mind

People Director

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear about your positive experience working at Morgan McKinley and we wish you a successful career in the company. Our leadership team are always available should you have any suggestions or concerns in the future, or alternatively feel free to contact me directly and confidentially at awebb@morganmckinley.com

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Breath of Fresh Air

15 Jun 2015 - Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is rare that a recruitment company puts such an emphasis on its employees. I have worked in a number of recruitment businesses of various sizes but the atmosphere in Morgan McKinley is unique. As they strive to truly be one of the best places to work, they put a lot of emphasis on implementing programs that incentivise and motivate employees. There's a great social life and generally the management are very approachable and pragmatic. If you are looking to work in a business that has a global feel but with a warm atmosphere, then this is the place for you.

Cons

I haven't experienced many cons but I would say that it is unclear as to why some are given promotion over others. I do get a feeling that those who cosy up to the leadership team are more likely to achieve promotion rather than those who will challenge the status quo and add the most value.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Reviews