Cover image for Morgan McKinley
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Morgan McKinley Employee Reviews about "morgan mckinley"

Updated 28 Nov 2021

Found 63 of over 607 reviews

4.3
Morgan McKinley Chief Executive Officer  Gerald Fitzgerald
Gerald Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "Good work life balance all round(in 33 reviews)

• "I was working as a vendor at Microsoft through Morgan McKinley(in 61 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I'm happy with Morgan McKinley as my employer(in 21 reviews)

• "Career progression is a mystical opportunity that doesn't exist unless you are there 6 years(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "morgan mckinley"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best agency in Ireland, going beyond for employees

21 Jun 2019 - Sales Support in Cork
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly I can not say enough good things about this Agency. Having come from a smaller agency, with stressful metrics, Morgan McKinley is a breath of fresh air. I can confidently say Morgan McKinley are miles ahead of the market: locking down PSLs with top clients, utilising extensive sourcing tools and overall are a really successful business. They treat their staff as the number one priority and everyone from Management to Directors are approachable, open to feedback and involved in office banter. There are so many opportunities & promotions offered once you have a foot in the door as well as global teams worldwide to join once you have proven yourself in a current role/location.

Cons

Fall down on benefits such as healthcare and pension

1 person found this review helpful

Global Head of HR

Thank%20you%20for%20your%20feedback%20and%20star%20rating.%20We%20are%20delighted%20to%20hear%20that%20you%20are%20enjoying%20your%20time%20with%20Morgan%20McKinley%20and%20wish%20you%20all%20the%20best%20for%20a%20successful%2C%20fun%20and%20rewarding%20career%20with%20the%20business.%20%0APS%3A%20We%20have%20recently%20enhanced%20our%20healthcare%20options%20so%20please%20get%20in%20touch%20with%20the%20HR%20team%20to%20hear%20more!%20%20We%20can%20also%20provide%20you%20with%20information%20on%20our%20Company%20%20pension%20scheme.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Vendor position at Microsoft

2 Feb 2021 - Software Localization Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was working as a vendor at Microsoft through Morgan McKinley. The pay was ok and I was pretty happy with my position. I decided to look for another position and move away from Ireland, so I left. Microsoft seems to treat vendors ok compared to some other US companies. No complaints from me.

Cons

No cons for me at all.

3. Join the Morgan McKinley team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Best recruitment consltancy in Ireland

23 Feb 2019 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had the amazing opportunity to work in Morgan Mckinley. It was one of the best experience in the recruitment consultancy that I have ever had. I worked in the IT team. I work with passionate, enthusiastic and smart people. The manager was brilliant. He was very involved with the team and kept an amazing atmosphere between us.

Cons

I would expect a better package from a company like Morgan McKinley (health and dental insurance, work from home, etc). Other than that, there are no red flags.

Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your fantastic feedback! We're so pleased to read about your positive experience working in our Dublin office. We are continuously looking at ways to improve, and our benefits offering is high on our agenda. We wish you all the very best for the future.

5. 4.0

Great company

21 Aug 2017 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Morgan McKinley are a flexible company working with their employees to offer work opportunities that suit their employees. Approachable management Excellent online up skilling courses Great benefits Forward thinking

Cons

none to speak of at this time

Global Marketing Executive

Thank you very much for your feedback. Its great to hear how positively you rate the culture and incentives that you’ve experienced whilst working at Morgan McKinley... Long may it continue!

6. 5.0

Supportive Management

13 Feb 2017 - Recruitment Consultant in Cork
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company to work for. They provide thorough training and support when you join. There is a great working environment and access to further training if you need it. Morgan McKinley are a strong and immediately recognised brand in the market.

Cons

The base salary is not the highest. However, there is ample opportunity to make commission if you are motivated.

1 person found this review helpful

Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your review - it's great to hear about your positive experience working at Morgan McKinley. Long may it continue!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Senior Manager

19 Aug 2016 - Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Morgan McKinley is an excellent company to work for for people who want to develop a career in Recruitment. They have a very competitive commission structure with uncapped earning potential. The training for new and existing people is second to none and the ongoing support they give to their staff is exceptional. Career progression and developing their people is something they feel strongly about. Everyone is constantly looking out for each other and there is that great sense of community within the company.

Cons

No downsides come to mind

People Director

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear about your positive experience working at Morgan McKinley and we wish you a successful career in the company. Our leadership team are always available should you have any suggestions or concerns in the future, or alternatively feel free to contact me directly and confidentially at awebb@morganmckinley.com

8. 5.0

Really enjoy working here

15 Aug 2016 -  in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am really enjoying my time at Morgan McKinley. Since I joined Morgan McKinley I have felt valued, have been given constant training and support and have been allowed to excel in my career. The people are just great, they really are the centre of the culture. We all work very collaboratively and the majority of people are very proud to say they work for Morgan McKinley. Senior management are very invested in the company, our brand, the services we deliver and also the people. Would recommend, its a great place to work.

Cons

I can't think of anything to highlight

People Director

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear about your positive experience working at Morgan McKinley; we wish you a successful career in the company. Please note that our management team are always available if you have any concerns, feedback or suggestions for the business.

9. 1.0

Poor

5 Jul 2016 -  in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is some people who do a great job, and work really hard, are positive and friendly and do their best every day. Once you get used to the job, it becomes fairly routine and standard and you can just come in and do your job and go home. Depending on who your manager is there could be opportunities for good training, but only if you have the right manager who supports this.

Cons

On the surface there is a lot of talk about career path, annual salary reviews, bonus, perks and other positive things like that and a lot of us believed that for a while. The reality is very different. If Morgan McKinley did pay in line with market rate and if the benefits were great people wouldn't be leaving for higher salaries and better benefits - it's just that simple. There is no standardised approach to salary review, regardless of whatever management will say. A lot of people left in the last 6 months for the same reasons - low salaries, no career path, poor benefits, poor manager but management just turn a blind eye to everything and continue to go on about paying in line with market rate, which no one believes by the way.

18 people found this review helpful

People Director

We appreciate your feedback, and ensure that we take all feedback (positive and negative) on board. I am disappointed to learn about your perspective on our approach to progression and remuneration and would welcome the opportunity to learn about your experience in more detail - please contact me directly and confidentially at awebb@morganmckinley.com

10. 4.0

Great Place to Work

22 Mar 2016 - Global Services in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits Approachable and Friendly Management Fantastic culture Good recognition programmes

Cons

If you are K.P.I driven, you will do very well at Morgan McKinley

11. 5.0

Breath of Fresh Air

15 Jun 2015 - Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is rare that a recruitment company puts such an emphasis on its employees. I have worked in a number of recruitment businesses of various sizes but the atmosphere in Morgan McKinley is unique. As they strive to truly be one of the best places to work, they put a lot of emphasis on implementing programs that incentivise and motivate employees. There's a great social life and generally the management are very approachable and pragmatic. If you are looking to work in a business that has a global feel but with a warm atmosphere, then this is the place for you.

Cons

I haven't experienced many cons but I would say that it is unclear as to why some are given promotion over others. I do get a feeling that those who cosy up to the leadership team are more likely to achieve promotion rather than those who will challenge the status quo and add the most value.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 63 Reviews