Morgan McKinley Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4.1
Morgan McKinley CEO Pat Fitzgerald
Pat Fitzgerald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very good work-life balance by keeping admin/meetings to a reasonable level (in 12 reviews)

• There's a great social life and generally the management are very approachable and pragmatic (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Turnover is high for these reasons alone, as it's a good place to work (in 9 reviews)

• Can be challenging to achieve a work life balance (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growth and Innovation!"

Current Employee - Business Partner in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Business Partner in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Pros

Dynamic, ever changing, up to the minute, leader not a follower, trend setter, variety

Cons

Ever changing - you need the right attitude to work in an ever changing environment

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, keep changing and growing and learning, never stand still.

2. "Senior Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible offering for clients. International coverage. Internal career opportunities.

Cons

Lack of trainings for senior staff and lack of career development plan; small selection of benefits to choose from.

Advice to Management

Create a training plan for senior recruiters to help them advance their career and develop within the organisation.

7 Nov 2017 – Head of Learning and Development

Thank you for your feedback. I would welcome the opportunity to learn about your development experience in more detail as this area is typically rated very favourably by others. Please feel free to... More

3. "Excellent professional company"

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

The training and comradely in the company is the best I have experienced in my career

Cons

Recruitment is a sales role and one must enter this career on this basis

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

15 Dec 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for reviewing your experience at Morgan McKinley. We're really pleased to see how you've rated our culture and training, and we wish you all the best for the future.

5. "First Year in Morgan McKinley"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Limerick, Co. Limerick
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Limerick, Co. Limerick

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Training, Good Support Network, Friendly Atomosphere

Cons

Some policies should be gotten rid of. Doesn't allow you to be successful in the first year, No health insurance

Advice to Management

All perm employees should have perm health care cover after 6 months probation

14 Nov 2017 – Global Head of HR

Hi there - thanks for your valued review. It's great to hear your positive feedback about the training, support network and atmosphere in the office. In relation to your comments around policies... More

6. "Overall, good place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Morgan McKinley (Less than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere within the office.

Cons

A lot of overtime.

14 Nov 2017 – Global Head of HR

Hi there - thanks for your valued review. It's great to hear your positive feedback about the atmosphere in the office. Having a good work life blend is really important so if there is something we... More

7. "Administrator"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, good salary and perks. Great social life and friendships built.

Cons

I didn't have any issues when working there

1 Sep 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your review. It's great to hear about your positive experience in our Dublin office. We wish you best of luck for the future.

8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Morgan McKinley are a flexible company working with their employees to offer work opportunities that suit their employees.
    Approachable management
    Excellent online up skilling courses
    Great benefits
    Forward thinking

Cons

none to speak of at this time

23 Aug 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you very much for your feedback. Its great to hear how positively you rate the culture and incentives that you’ve experienced whilst working at Morgan McKinley... Long may it continue!

9. "Great Start"

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Excellent start to a recruiter career

Cons

None that I can think of

19 Jul 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your feedback

10. "Great place for a graduate"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent brand, good training, good management and good social scene. Really good long-term relationships in industries, so job flow is really good. Great reputation, so you'll walk in anywhere after 1-2 years here. No pressure to do overtime, unlike most agencies - Do your work, go home! Parties are great, but I'd personally prefer to see that money in my payslip than extravagant weekends/parties. Offices are top class.

Cons

Thresholds!! Base salary is low, commission structure isn't good and almost no benefits. Really didn't feel very valued for these reasons. For a company who hires the best people (which they do!), decent salary, commission without threshold and healthcare at a minimum should be covered. Turnover is high for these reasons alone, as it's a good place to work. Yeah, there's quarterly/yearly bonuses to make up for the thresholds, but that honestly felt like a gimmick to take away commission. Progression is rarer here than most places, but probably due to lower turnover in management.

Advice to Management

Lose the thresholds. MMK has lost a lot of consultants in year 1 as they can make much better money elsewhere. Bonuses are great for the guys there longer, but you're losing good people along the way as it's hard to wait when you can make money immediately elsewhere. Healthcare should be paid, even if after 6 months or even a year service. Otherwise, keep up the good work!

22 May 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear that you positively rate our brand and culture, but disappointing to read your views on remuneration. As a business we proactively review compensation to... More

11. "An ambitious Company with a big heart"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Great career progression opportunities. A large global organisation with a smaller family feel. The culture in MMK is fanstastic. Authentic leaders. Great flexibility options and transformational in their approach to recruitment.

Cons

There is so much going on that you really need to be selective as to what you get involved in so you don't become overstretched.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing because there is something very special in MMK! The commitment to CSR through the MMK million is a real game changer for me as I get the opportunity to contribute to the community during my work day.