Morgan McKinley Reviews

Found 349 of over 521 reviews

3.9
Morgan McKinley Chief Executive Officer  Gerald Fitzgerald
Gerald Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "For a recruitment business that would have struggled through covid year, it was still a good place to work(in 64 reviews)

• "I was working as a vendor at Microsoft through Morgan McKinley(in 61 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I'm happy with Morgan McKinley as my employer(in 21 reviews)

• "Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

MMK

Dec 16, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent place to work and learn

Cons

Commission structure and lack of health benefits

2. 5.0

Recruitment

Dec 15, 2021 - Corporate Recruiter in Cork
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture. Friendly staff

Cons

No cons at all, brilliant company.

3. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 19, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Limerick, Limerick
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff, friendly culture and loads of opportunities to try new roles.

Cons

Depends on what field you are placed in. Can be frustrating when candidates drop out, as with any recruitment role.

Global Head of HR

Thanks for your positive review! We are proud of our great culture and work hard to nurture it as it evolves. It's a busy time in the recruitment and talent solutions world - best of luck in your career with Morgan McKinley and please reach out if we can support you in any way.

4. 5.0

Brilliant

Nov 4, 2021 - Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture in the business

Cons

Nothing yet that I have come across

Global Head of HR

Thanks for your positive review! Culture is our beating heart and we work hard to nurture it. I wish you the very best in your future career with Morgan McKinley.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Very good company to work for

Oct 11, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great staff, good opportunities to progress career

Cons

Transparency from management at times

People Director

Thanks for taking the time to write a review... it's really appreciated.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Excellent Company

Sep 13, 2021 - Account Assistant in Cork
      Business Outlook

Pros

- 100 Professional Team - Clear contract

Cons

None - To date I have no Cons with regard to this company

People Director

SUPER feedback.... thanks so much!

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

worked in morgan mckinley for 6 years

Oct 18, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

good place to learn the ropes and make some friends

Cons

no progression, low commission, an expectation that you should be happy to work there when you are not rewarded

Global Head of HR

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your experience in Morgan McKinley fell short of your expectations around career progression and reward. I would be interested in understanding more about your feedback if you would like to get in touch for a confidential discussion please contact me on hgallagher@morganmckinley.com

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you like being underpaid, crucified by KPIs and a stagnant career, this is the place for you.

Oct 11, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are young and looking to gain some experience in recruitment, this is a good place the start for experience only!

Cons

They talk about diversity - yet there is no evidence of diversity in the company! Career progression is a mystical opportunity that doesn't exist unless you are there 6 years + when they start making up jobs with fancy new titles for the senior people but in reality nothing changes. Its an old boys club "Managers" have zero people management skills across the company and their self serving attitude they had as a recruiter 8 years ago remains the same Despite how much you bill, they will only talk about KPIs... basically they need to justify the job middle management do so KPIs is their go to for that! Does it make logical sense? No! there is no place for logic here. They will wow you with an extravagant and expensive xmas party in a 5* hotel, instead of paying you a fair wage for your job. Salary disparity if rife! Consultants with the same experience could have differing salaries by nearly 5K with no reasoning behind it at all.

People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I’m really concerned and disappointed to hear your commentary. It has made for some very hard reading. I am sorry that you feel the way that you do, and that your experience has fallen well short of expectations. We take all feedback seriously, and I would welcome the opportunity to confidentiality discuss your feedback further - please reach out to me directly: awebb@morganmckinley.com

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Career Progression

Aug 18, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

A Company with a strong structure around career progression, people are promoted in proven ability and not on tenure.

Cons

Culture has taken a hit with the remote working and there’s been change in personnel but nothing that won’t be reclaimed with some return to the office.

Global Head of HR

Thank you for your positive review! The pandemic imposed remote working certainly has been a challenge for many but we are committed to working on this and developing our great culture into the future. Wishing you continued success.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Flat structure is the way to go!

Aug 5, 2021 - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid company culture, strong leadership, the employee's success always comes first, very competitive brand in their industry, impressive RPO delivery model

Cons

Sometimes understaffed, it can be insanely busy at the high volume recruitment desks, but it's not too bad

Global Head of HR

Thank you for your great review! It certainly is a busy time and indeed a great time to be in recruitment! Wishing you continued success in your career at Morgan McKinley.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 349 Reviews