Morgan McKinley Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Morgan McKinley CEO Aldagh McDonogh
Aldagh McDonogh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Work hard - have fun - improve lives"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A truly innovative and inspirational company. A global organisation with a local feel. Excellent leadership. Couldn't ask for a better workplace with great opportunities to progress.

Cons

So busy with lots on - can be hectic, but that being said the support is great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing- this is a great place with people at the heart of culture.

17 May 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your feedback, which we are really pleased to read! We strive to create a great place for our great people to work and development, so it's fantastic to hear that your experience... More

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Collaborative culture and hard work is appreciated!

Cons

The nature of recruitment, and the recruitment industry is tough, but MMK make the high's and lows of recruitment very manageable - no cons

12 Oct 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your feedback - which is so great to read! We're really happy to read how you describe our culture and wish you continued success within MMK.

3. "Good people (and parties), Bad management!"

Former Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of nice people working in Morgan McKinley, they are great at bringing in people with no experience and providing them with really beneficial training. They are also on every PSL so you are always guaranteed jobs. They work with every company and have access to candidates from every company also which is great as they do not restrict you. They also throw the best parties in town, great for grads!!

Cons

The salaries are very low and not compensated by commission which is equally poor. Benefits are almost non existent, they are a waste of time for anyone who is with the company for less than 2 years, which is 80%+ of staff. This results in the company being unable to attract recruiters and instead primarily attracts grads who cost the company next to nothing and just add to the bottom line which is the only thing that matters.
    Promotions are hard to come by as are pay increases, do not expect more than a 2-3K increase at any given stage which just means that you then get signed up in to giving more of your time to help your team mates and junior consultants who will then take your market share.
    The leadership group is made up of people who used to be top billers and more often than not you get told what to do rather than being given guidance. It sometimes felt like once employees become part of the leadership group, they are more focused on themselves than on the people who work for them and helped them along the way. There is also a massive divide between the IT team which runs very well with only a few senior managers and the Financial Services and Accounting side which seems to have more managers than consultants, with all Senior Managers/Directors etc patting each other on the back, trying to charm their way to the top and standing on each others toes to get there, while completely neglecting the consultants, resulting in a toxic environment with massive turn over down that side.
    It is also, almost impossible to become a top biller as the more you bill, the more people they add to your team to share the wealth but also if you start billing heavily, you become a target and are made feel very unwelcome by some other historical top billers who are protected by the company.

Advice to Management

Better commission structure, pay competitively and remember the consultants who work hard day in and day out to make the managers look better. Additionally, when consultants come to management/HR with issues, please listen to them rather than brushing it under the carpet and hope it all goes away.

***Actually, having looked at reviews here over the last number of years, disregarding the fake reviews to hide factual ones, it seems that the same issues are always there, not much has changed so this advice is probably a waste of time***

"Mixed"

Former Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good training and appetite for knowledge sharing among consultants.
    It's an excellent first step on a ladder for budding sales professionals. A strong manager is key to that learning curve as otherwise people sink rather than swim.

Cons

Very political organisation.
    They were overly focused on style rather than substance; for instance there were a lot of parties but no health insurance cover.

Advice to Management

Less 5* parties and more focus on meaningful employee benefits.
    Increase transparency on salaries, and progression routes.
    Increase focus on using coaching and reviews to really develop individuals.

25 Oct 2018 – Global Head of HR

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear your positive feedback on our training and development programmes. I'm keen to understand more about your feedback in relation to other areas and would... More

5. "Brilliant team, great money!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Really really great place to work, if you're on the right team. Some managers are better than others but those who are good, are great. Work hard play hard culture.
    -Great money to be made and fantastic progression opportunities that can happen quickly if you work for it.
    -Great work-life balance.

Cons

-Benefits can be a lot better- no healthcare etc.
    -Turnover can be quite high but that's standard across recruitment agencies

6 Sep 2018 – Global Head of HR

Many thanks for your review - we are pleased to hear your positive feedback on the culture and opportunities here. We are always interested in hearing more about how we can improve life at Morgan... More

6. "Progressive and ambitious for a recruitment company"

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Very progressive in terms of technology and strategy

Cons

High turnover of staff and the base salary wasn't great

27 Jul 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your review. We're pleased to see that you positively rate our strategy and technology. As a business we proactively review compensation to ensure it remains market competitive and rewards... More

7. "Recruitment consultant"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

People were easy to get along with

Cons

Just wasn't the job for me

13 Jul 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your positive feedback on our team. We're sorry to hear it wasn't the job for you, and we wish you well for the future.

8. "IT Consultant"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team spirit here is amazing. The people are amazing and the management are respectful and don't micromanage. There's a great worklife balance here!

Cons

I really can't think of any!

Advice to Management

Maybe add an extra zero to the end of my salary! But seriously, not really.

21 Jun 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Wow, this is great to read! We're really happy to see how well you rate our culture and wish you all the very best for your future at Morgan McKinley.

9. "Far Better than Market Average"

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Employees are far stronger than market average in terms of education level, professionalism, hard working, etc

Cons

Work life balance is not very good. Not fit for someone who is looking for a mild career progression.

18 May 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your review. We really pleased to see that you highly rate our people (we think they're great too!). With regards to flexibility, this has been a key business focus over the past... More

"Empowering place to work"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Cork
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Cork

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic, driven work team. Lots of women in senior positions across all teams and regions. Genuinely care about improving lives of employees, candidates and clients. Huge focus on innovating in the marketplace.

Cons

No company health insurance program.

8 May 2018 – Global Head of HR

Thanks for your review and comments about Morgan McKinley. It's great to hear feedback authenticating our purpose of 'Improving Lives'. We are always looking at ways to improve Morgan McKinley as a... More