Found 1,136 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low salary and not as per indian IT standards" (in 77 reviews)
- "less opportunity with poor management" (in 42 reviews)
- "Local managers have nexus who passively threatens that they have contacts in pune and influence as well" (in 18 reviews)
- "long hours and night shifts" (in 8 reviews)
- "Low compensation and yearly hikes" (in 7 reviews)
- 4.09 Aug 2023Senior DevOps EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPune
- The company values its employees and offers additional benefits, such as daycare reimbursement, motor vehicle tire discounts, and opportunities to visit their plants in Chennai and France. - In addition, they offer stock options to their employees. - The tech stack is strong in the DevOps field, although there are a few drawbacks mentioned in the cons section. - You have the opportunity to showcase your knowledge and strengths to management.
- Michelin has specialized teams for different tasks such as Kubernetes, Cloud, and Databases. This means there is limited opportunity for R&D across the entire stack, which is not ideal for learning and gaining experience from a DevOps perspective. - A significant portion of product knowledge resides with French employees, many of whom have departed, resulting in a knowledge gap. Additionally, I've noticed a language barrier between English and French. - The salary range could be improved in comparison to the current market rates for existing employees. - There are communication barriers and a tendency to blame others due to the development team's lack of familiarity with the DevOps lifecycle.
For a guy who came from more humble beginnings; this industry is a bit of a culture shock. Team dinners at Michelin star restaurants and other crazy perks. Also the partner I work with often is very kind; spending his own cash on his team’s generously. Thanks for listening.
Michelin Reviews FAQs
Michelin has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 3,091 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Michelin to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
82% of Michelin employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Michelin 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.