Merkle Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 30, 2021

Found 179 of over 1,269 reviews

3.8
Merkle CEO Craig Dempster
Craig Dempster
Pros
  • "nice colleagues & very smart people(in 84 reviews)

• "Good work life balance is there(in 83 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Integration with dentsu means less Merkle culture more dentsu culture(in 125 reviews)

• "Work life balance is not as expected(in 97 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing experience

Nov 30, 2021 - Account Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training programme Approchable management Good work life balance Positive and fun environment

Cons

Career progression can be slow

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Place to work

Nov 24, 2021 - Business Analyst in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning curve will be exponential

Cons

Work life balance is not as expected

3. 4.0

Hard work-life balance

Nov 19, 2021 - Business Analyst in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good starting for career Good salary

Cons

Difficult work life balance Longer training period

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Campaign manager

Oct 26, 2021 - Campaign Specialist in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment, work life balance and salary.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

An impressive group of humans

Oct 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

- One of the most solid, transparent, honest, and genuine groups of humans you'll have the opportunity to work with. The 'no bullsh*t' attitude permeates this company, from the top down. - Strong communication practices and solid processes. - Work/life balance is unparalleled.

Cons

- Culture is a bit weak these days, but it's also being worked on with notable focus.

Continue reading
    6. 1.0

Archaic Company With Archaic Practices - Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For

Nov 1, 2021 - Associate Security Consultant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Genuinely Cool Name Brand Clients They haver the massive clients who you always wanted to work for or have heard of routinely throughout your life. Its cool you get to actually work on them. Work From Home OR From The Office If you like working from home, then you may enjoy Merkle. If you like an office environment still (or are just tired of being at home due to COVID over the past almost 2 years), then you may enjoy Merkle. Having the option to go into an office for people is definitely cool. Obviously, you actually need to be near an office in the first place - which may be an issue for some, but that goes without much explanation. Good Pay They pay is well within industry standards and may even skew slightly to the higher end - though this could also be in part to the massive shortage of great workers or the "Great Resignation" that is talked about frequently.

Cons

Zero Work Life Balance - Expect To Work On Evenings/Weekends/Holidays I work 8:30-7 every day and I still barely keep afloat. If I were to work the normal hours of an employee of 8AM-5PM or so, everything I support would collapse. Its brutal to work so many hours and is not sustainable. Holiday-centric clients are even worse, as you'll be expected to work similar hours AND work on holidays. For example, my teams have developed holiday check-in documents to make sure you are monitoring client spend and performance closely. In my 2 months, this place has almost cost me a relationship with my significant other, because we can never be together or do anything on evenings/weekends/holidays because I must work. I am a wage slave to this company and it really is painful. Unorganized Chaos I stepped into a role where I was filling for multiple people who were in the process of leaving the company, and the entire process was simply the worst experience of my professional career. So much information was lost when these people left and the learning curve is massive. This has been truly horrible so far. Turnover Like You Wouldn't Believe The company had a town hall the other week, where they showed they have hired almost as many people as have left. Truly insane turnover numbers that are felt the most when you are actually working ungodly hours. The client teams I am on seem to lose someone every week and its brutal. So much information is lost when this happens so frequently, and the pressure just increases on those who remain to do more work while also trying to teach the latest person who joined the team as the previous person's replacement. Meetings. Meetings. Meetings. This place has more time devoted to meetings than any place I have ever seen. I would say that on any given day, 75% of my time is consumed by meetings where we talk about work instead of actually doing any work. These meetings are very unproductive (even when they have agendas) and you leave them asking yourself more questions than when they began. The worst part is that they are so time-consuming, that now you have to work well into the evening to make up for all of the work time you missed because of the meetings in the first place. Once again, this goes back to the lack of work-life balance and other issues already mentioned. Automation? Never Heard Of That Do you like doing mundane tasks like reporting daily metrics (spend conversions etc.) by manually logging into various accounts and updating them by hand? If you do, this is the place for you! I have only been here for 2 months and I have easily wasted 100+ hours (that is 2.5 weeks of work!) because I was stuck updating things that could easily be done by a program such as SuperMetrics or others. Complacency Runs Rampant The phrase, "its just how we have always done it" is muttered wayyyyyyyy too much by people who have been here for years. Basically, nothing changes and alternative/better ways to fix a problem are dismissed because the old ways worked at one point.

Continue reading
      4 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pros & Cons

Oct 1, 2021 - Business Strategy Manager in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning curve. Young employees

Cons

Senior Management & Work life Balance

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to learn and work at!

Sep 10, 2021 - UI Developer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance, good perks. Co-workers are friendly

Cons

Pay could be a little higher

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

merkle

Aug 29, 2021 - Marketing in Shanghai, Shanghai
      Business Outlook

Pros

have a good work life balance

Cons

very low salary, no career path

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Merkle / Dentsu is trying

Aug 16, 2021 - Human Resources Business Partner in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of people to work alongside, they do hire the best and highest skilled.

Cons

Turnover is impossible to stop. They are hemorrhaging talent at an alarming rate. Merkle is over-processed to the point of paralyzing itself, joining dentsu just made it 100x worse. Work-life balance is slim to none - working 60-65 hours per week never ends.

6 people found this review helpful