McAfee Sales Engineer Reviews

Updated 1 May 2018

4.1
McAfee President and CEO Peter Leav (no image)
Peter Leav
0 Rating
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Cork

I worked at McAfee full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at McAfee for more than 5 years. It is a great company with great culture, awesome people and some of the best products in the industry

Cons

Salary was not aligned with the market. Too many changes of strategy with the acquisitions

McAfee Response

August 24, 2018HR Representative

Thank you for your review and we agree that we have amazing and talented individuals that work here. We too are also very proud of our leading and innovative product lines. As cybersecurity is consistently advancing, it’s important for us to follow an agile model to remain competitive. As a result, we continue to research compensation and benefit packages on an annual basis. We thank you for your prior time and dedication with McAfee and truly appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

2. "McAfee - Federal best place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at McAfee full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, managers are seasoned professionals and the environment is friendly. I honestly haven't worked in a better company.

Cons

Training is lacking but it's slowly improving.

Continue reading
  3. "Pre-Sales Systems Engineer"

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at McAfee full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible, good benefits, good managment

Cons

tough work/life balance, not cutting edge technology

McAfee Response

January 9, 2018HR Representative

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as well as for your long service of eight years at McAfee. We’re glad you appreciate our flexible working options and the many benefits and employee perks we offer. Innovation is at the center of everything that we do. Whether it’s through the recent acquisition of cloud-leader, Skyhigh networks, or with the launch of innovation programs such as our i2i initiative (Ideas to Innovations), we’re committed to developing and providing industry-leading technology for our customers. We recognize of course there’s always scope to do more, so please do continue to share your feedback with your manager and business leader (or go ahead and enter our i2i competition!) so we can continue to evolve and enhance McAfee technologies to keep our customers safe.

4. "Pre-Sales Engineer"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Dubai

I have been working at McAfee full-time for less than a year

Pros

Big cooperate to work with.

Cons

Very fast portfolio and with no prior experience with the product, the only option is self learning in the company. Training is only provided to senior staff.

"Great culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at McAfee full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really good team spirit. Morale is excellent, product-set is really good and valid for right now, not just selling roadmap. Sales and SEs work as a team, no 'them and us' attitudes here. Great management team, not up themselves but treat you as an equal. Training is plentiful and well organised- SEs need training to keep sharp, and they deliver. Travelling to training in another country isn't a big deal, no penny pinching here.

Cons

The Slough office is a little tired, but this is really the only con I can see at this point

Continue reading

"Good start if you are new to Security"

2.0
    Sales Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at McAfee

Pros

Established name in the security space, large portfolio of products, above average pay rates, standard benefits available with an organization the size of Intel. Upper management attempting to drive innovation.

Cons

Struggling with years of perception related issues about their products. Extremely large portfolio of products, which causes difficulties regarding development/Integration, Support, and Sales. Intel Security ( McAfee ) & "Mother Intel" are in two separate businesses. Intel does not seem to understand Security.

Continue reading
  7. "Excellent Technology but not expendable"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer

I worked at McAfee full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great integration and defense frameworks. - Initial jobs opportunity is great

Cons

- Technology not being gel together well either reality or training to staff. - Terrible TAC support from India lead to tremendous pressure for SE on the Field - Politics by Colony - Underpaid and conflict of messy comm scheme

Continue reading
  8. "Heartless and Inconsiderate"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer

I worked at McAfee full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large company with decent benefits. Several good leaders across all sectors. Backed the legacy of desktop AV and the deep pockets of Intel.

Cons

Resources are numerous but difficult to tap. The good leaders are outnumbered by poor managers. Personnel cuts are notoriously done Oct-Dec - Merry Christmas. Severance packages are offered only as non-compete. No place for upward movement if not part of the "good old boy" team.

9. "A really great culture"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at McAfee full-time for more than a year

Pros

Visionary management Great team members Good work-life balance Good benefits

Cons

Many products, not all are top tier

Continue reading

"Do not go to McAfee if you are looking to make a career. The company is just a stepping stone to other opportunities."

Sales Engineer in Herndon, VA

I have been working at McAfee

Pros

The products and the people are the best reasons to work for McAfee

Cons

McAfee hires from outside the company. Very slim chances of advancement at McAfee

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 10 reviews