Cover image for Marine Credit Union

51% Recommend to a Friend
69% Approve of CEO

Found 158 of over 159 reviews

3.2
Marine Credit Union President/CEO Darrick Weeks (no image)
Darrick Weeks
Pros
  • "Work/Life Balance, Not Open Saturdays(in 4 reviews)

• "great work life balance, upper management very easy to work with(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Required sales goals go up on a monthly basis and upper management is constantly mentioning sales expectations whenever they get a chance(in 12 reviews)

• "Business feeds on people with poor credit and gives them loans with astronomical interest rates to take advantage of them(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 3.0

Good job

31 Jan 2023 - Mortgage Loan Officer in La Crosse, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're new to finance industry, this is a great place to start. They do a solid job of training you and helping you understand the basics of lending. They also help you cut your teeth in the sales world with an ample lead list and room to run.

Cons

Tend to lend to an under-served demographic. This on the face is a great thing! However, it often leads to more challenging clients and less than ideal interest rates. Again, not a bad place to gain experience.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awful place to work

26 Jan 2023 - Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

very few pros - 9-5 is nice

Cons

Terrible to employees - bad practices for customers

1 person found this review helpful
    3. Join the Marine Credit Union team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Horrible Management

22 Dec 2022 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home is only positive

Cons

Definition of micro-management. Fire employees out of nowhere. Only promote butt-kissers. On the front they claim to be for the people, but all they care about is lining their own pockets.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee

good

16 Oct 2022 - Indirect Loan Processor in La Crosse, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice co workers and boss

Cons

Lower pay is the only con

6. 5.0

Turned Around and Headed in Right Direction

28 Sep 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The new CEO is helping Marine move in the right direction. The culture is getting better every month and the credit union is really beginning to help its members for a change

Cons

Hours of operation could be better to help members

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Detailed Oriented

2 Aug 2022 - Member Service Representative in La Crosse, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work environment with easy work

Cons

expect coworkers to not do their part sometimes

8. 4.0

Great benefits and coworkers

21 Jul 2022 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and amazing coworkers

Cons

No overtime and the score card

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Remote Work

20 Jul 2022 - Collections Representative in Onalaska, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to log in and work from home

Cons

Not great communication and they are transitioning to a work environment that is not very open- if you can play the game- you will go far regardless of skill, knowledge or true work ethics.

Marine Credit Union Response

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I'd love the opportunity to connect with you and learn more about these areas we can improve. If you're comfortable doing so, please reach out to me at Blake.Herring@MarineCU.com. - Blake Herring, Chief HR Officer

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Purpose

8 Jun 2022 - Department Manager in La Crosse, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mission driven, values based, empowering culture of continued learning, growth opportunities.

Cons

Change communication is well on its way to being solid, still work in progress.

Marine Credit Union Response

Thank you for your 5-star review. We appreciate the positive reinforcement on change communication, a key focus area for us, and your advice for management. Your guidance aligns directly with the three-stakeholder model our CEO Darrick speaks of: If we treat our employees better than anyone else can or will, they will treat our members better than anyone else can or will, and our members will bring their hard-earned business to our credit union. - Caitlin

11. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Join for experience only.

22 Mar 2022 - Consumer Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home and gaining banking experience

Cons

A high interest finance company masquerading as a credit union with zero chance of upward mobility.

2 people found this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 158 Reviews
    </>Embed

Marine Credit Union Reviews FAQs

Marine Credit Union has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 159 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at Marine Credit Union to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Marine Credit Union employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Marine Credit Union. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

51% of Marine Credit Union employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Marine Credit Union 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Marine Credit Union Job Seekers