Long View Systems Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated 10 May 2020

3.5
Long View Systems CEO Brent Allison (no image)
Brent Allison
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance is basically non-existent even though leadership attempts to preach it(in 19 reviews)

• "Middle-management and on-site managers consistently struggle to figure out the technologies their customers need and provide a comprehensive plan(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good but needs improvement in some areas"

Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Calgary, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When the economy if good, you can work for multiple clients whether in Managed Services or Projects. Co-workers are generally nice. You get to work with competent and great people. Overall, I would recommend.

Cons

Compensation could be better. Can be difficult to advance.

May 12, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Hello there, thanks for taking the time to share your experience on your time with us! It's great that you enjoyed the work you did and that you appreciated your co-workers too. Our goal is to provide a No Regrets Career for our employees and we are disappointed that you didn't get to experience that. Would you be interested in sharing more with our SVP of People Services so we can learn how we may be able to improve? If so, please call her at 403-515-6900. Thanks for everything you did for us and we wish you the best of luck in your new role!

2. "Great place to be a part of!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are great to work with!

Cons

Training is limited-so come to the table ready to go!

January 27, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for stopping in to post this short review on us! While we regret that you are no longer with us, we are pleased that you experienced the awesome team we have at our company! We would like to hear more about your comments in the Advice section as we want all of our employees, former and current, to feel like they are treated with dignity and respect. Would you please call Tasha, our SVP of People Services, to give her more information on this? She can be reached at 403-515-6900. She is looking forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, we wish you the best of luck in your new role!

"Fun job, but not enough support."

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and nice to work for a company that isnt so rigid. Opportunity to learn and grow as an IT proffessional is available here.

Cons

Sales sells to much and gets to little. Career progression is tough right now as budget for departments is low.

December 5, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there, thanks for the short review on us. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying working in our fun environment and that you see the opportunities for learning and development! Would you please speak with your PS Advisor so that we can learn more about your comments in the Cons section? We would like to rectify this if we can and continue to provide you with a great place to grow your career. Thanks for all you do for us!

"Slightly Above Industry Average"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Toronto, ON

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A company with positive vision, and they mean well. Many great people at this company around North America. A good place to earn your spurs in the industry. Average compensation but unequal, raises do not even match inflation.

Cons

Power remains in Calgary, and local branches and generally treated like outcasts. The Career Life Planning program is all talk, while it has been successful for many in the past it is all talk now.

July 22, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on your time with us over the past 5+ years. We are sorry to see you go and sorry that you didn't get the experience that was intended for your Career Life Planning sessions. Although we always reassess and look to improve our internal programs, we have had and continue to have success with our CLPs - we are saddened that you did not experience that . Your feedback on how you felt like you weren't part of our company being in our Toronto branch, and how you felt you weren't fairly compensated, have been shared with our Executive Team. We want to make sure that wherever our employees are based, the experience is consistent and a positive one. We wish you the best of luck in your new endeavor. Thanks for all you did while you were here!

5. "Organization has great people and culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Organization has great people and culture

Cons

Lots of unpaid overtime - just an incentive bonus.

January 8, 2019Recruitment Communications Specialist

Thanks for stopping in and posting this short review on us. We are pleased that you appreciated our culture and team! We would have liked to discuss your comments on overtime as we strive for work / life balance and fair compensation. If you would like to continue the conversation, please call our Senior VP of People Services at 403-515-6900. Thanks for all you did for us and best of luck in your new endeavour!

"Great people"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

working with great people and great culture

Cons

hard to move up in the company

August 16, 2018Recruitment Communications Specialist

Hi there and thanks for your quick review on us! We are happy to hear that you enjoy the people you work with. We do too! Can you please tell us more about "hard to move up in the company"? We have a strong focus on career progression at Long View and utilize our Career Life Planning process to assist with this. Please speak with your People Services Advisor or Manager so that we can make sure you are getting the most out of your career with us! Thanks for all you do.

"Good Company"

in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems for more than 3 years

Pros

Great People, great atmosphere and great clients

Cons

Small Salary, they should pay more

March 1, 2017Team Lead, People Services

Thanks for posting this review! We’re happy to hear that you enjoy the people at Long View, as well as the work atmosphere and our clients. We strive for an environment where all employees feel good about coming to work and feel a sense of unity. Regarding salary and training opportunities, we value this feedback and we encourage you to address these concerns in your next Career/Life Planning Session. These meetings are designed for feedback and to promote open conversation about the things that are important to you and your progression. If this isn’t the right setting for you, please reach out to your People Services Advisor as we would welcome the chance to speak with you and learn more about your experience. Our doors are always open!

"Systems Consultant"

Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great to work with. Alternative work schedules allowed me to be available for my family and work from home when needed.

Cons

Pay and location wasn't ideal.

March 8, 2016People Services Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post this review! It's unfortunate to hear that you felt that your compensation wasn't ideal, and that you considered the location of our office a con. However, we're glad to hear you enjoyed the people that you worked with and found value in the flexible working arrangements that we work to provide for our employees. All the best to you in your next role!

"Not what it used to be"

I worked at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

The people are great! They have huge talent and great people.

Cons

The culture and company used to be something that made the company stand out. Now that's gone to the wayside and the core values that they stress are nothing but a piece of paper.

December 11, 2015People Services Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post about Long View! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working with the people at Long View - we agree that they have huge talent and are great people! Our core values are still the foundation of our company, and will continue to be in the years to come. Thank you for your tenure with the company, and best of luck to you in your next opportunity.

"Worst Job, no value for employees and no appreciation for hard workers."

Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lower level employees are great. Know what their doing and do it well. Met some great people and will continue to be friends with them moving forward!

Cons

Sadly as management has no idea what their doing, they tend to bounce around quite a bit. Move towards a concept, dislike it and move back. Additionally, there is definitely a high school mentality. Their version of a promotion is a lateral move with no pay increase but additional expenses out of your pocket citing "annual cost of living increase" which never happens. As a company, you can tell they have come a long way. Their cheap recruiting strategy has filled their management ranks with folks who don't know what they are doing and could care less. At the end of the day, employees who are disliked get thrown under the bus. Their training program is designed to benefit the company but not you or its clients. Absolute waste of time. They pride themselves on 4 core pillars. Competency, Integrity, Value and Fun. While they have the fun down, they over charge their clients, under pay and poorly treat their employees so no value. Their management lacks integrity to admit when they have made a mistake. They lack the Competency to realize when they have made major mistakes. A few months back, Don Bialik (Founder and Owner) came to Edmonton and blatantly lied to all employees advising that no one would be let go as the result of the oil crisis. This at the time was obviously not true and later own, major cut backs occurred. This shows 0 integrity and no appreciation for hard working employees. The Executive team has it in their mind that they want to reach the 100 year mark. Based on their current path, I'd say it's an exaggeration to see them around in 2025. There are quite a few great initiatives going but they are exactly that, initiatives. Minimal follow through and no follow up.

November 5, 2015People Services Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions about Long View. We’re happy to hear that you made some lasting relationships during your time at Long View that will continue even though you have left the company. We take pride in all of the people we have working here. While no company is perfect, we are working on a daily basis to improve our processes, while always keeping in mind, and demonstrating, our four core values. It sounds like you have concerns about several areas of the company. We’d like to communicate with you in a way that is more interactive than simply responding via Glassdoor, so please reach out to our People Services Director at (403) 515-6900 as we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you anytime. We wish you the best of luck in your next opportunity outside of Long View.

Found 20 reviews