Lash Group Reimbursement Counselor Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Tommy Bramley
1 Rating
  1. "Great place to work"

I worked at Lash Group full-time

Pros

It’s a great place to work. Room for growth.

Cons

none that I can think of

Lash Group2020-01-23

"Possible Opportunity"

Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Lash Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits, an opportunity for growth.

Cons

Improvement with communication from management.

Advice to Management

Consistency with training on programs.

Lash Group2019-11-12
  3. "Reimbursement counselor"

Current Employee - Reimbursement Counselor

I have been working at Lash Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay rate, work life balance

Cons

Commute And training also management

Lash Group2019-10-21
  4. "A job for the short term only"

I worked at Lash Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can advance within the office

Cons

Pay sucks and raises are crappy

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff

Lash Group2019-07-30

"Lash Group Red Tape"

Former Employee - Senior Reimbursement Counselor in Rockville, MD

I worked at Lash Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company has decent benefits.

Cons

There is limited mobility, handicapped by many cases of cronyism

Advice to Management

The company should promote based on merit and not cronyism.

Lash Group2019-04-18

"Don't Get Comfortable"

I worked at Lash Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits, more than adequate paid time off, possible remote positions

Cons

The level of nepotism displayed there was disgusting. Raises and title changes mainly went primarily to mgmt's favorites. Mgmt was also untrained and unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Hire people with actual managerial training and experience. Learn how to do your subordinate's day to day work (shadow an employee) so you can understand what you are expecting from them, and what factors affect performance.

Lash Group2018-11-14
  7. "Senior Reinbursement Counselor"

Current Employee - Senior Reimbursement Counselor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Lash Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent Salary and decent benefits

Cons

Its hard to move up unless you know somebody.

Advice to Management

Don't be a micromanager. Don't promote only your favorite people while forgetting the people that fully pull the load.

Lash Group2018-08-09

"Heartless corporate machine that does not care about people. Quantity valued over quality!"

Former Employee - Senior Reimbursement Counselor in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Lash Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They have good medical coverage, dental and 401K. The Fort Mill office is very new with flashy decor and a really great fitness center, but don’t be fooled by these perks.

Cons

To be fair to Lash when I started working there over a decade ago it was a smaller, caring company that went out if its way to make employees feel valued and rewarded us generously for our efforts. Lash also cared about the local community, and demonstrated this by creating numerous philanthropy projects that we employees participated in. Those days of working for a caring company disappeared a long time ago as the company expanded. Promotions are now based more on favoritism than merit. Lash has lowered its hiring standards so be prepared to deal with your fair share of shady, backstabbing, rude, childish coworkers. Micro managing runs rampant on many teams. They will tell you they value quality of work but learn to read between the lines because those individuals who cut corners to produce higher numbers are rewarded over those who focus on high quality work. If you’re the kind of person who has integrity this place will drive you crazy! They are corrupt to the core! They will wrongfully fire good hard working people without any previous warning or write up and make up lies as their reason for terminating. Yet they will keep other people who are lazy or dishonest or who do crummy work and cut corners to boost their numbers. It’s really baffling to try to understand the mentality of this company when it comes to who they keep and who they decide to drive out or fire. A lot of these decisions are coming from much higher up than at the team level management by people who don’t know you personally and don’t care about you. Lash also cares more about keeping people where they want them than where the individual wants to go within the company so many people will never move up. Honestly the staff has grown too large for everyone to move up into management. However, if you’re lucky enough to be the right person(s) golden boy or girl then you will advance rapidly. None of my friends who still work there are happy if they’re being honest. I will say this is a good job if you want to learn how to complete detailed medical benefit verifications and gain a great deal of experience with public and private payers. Beware though, many people are miserable there so I wouldn’t recommend staying there for many years. After being forced out of Lash my stress-related eye lid spasms stopped and my blood pressure went down, so I consider it a blessing in disguise that I’m not there anymore.

Advice to Management

Stop driving out talented, hardworking people.

Lash Group2018-05-20

"Sr Reimbursement Counselor/Site Coordinator"

Current Employee - Senior Reimbursement Counselor in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Lash Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Some have the opportunity to work remote.

Cons

If you work remote, don't expect to ever be able to advance or have the same opportunities as people in the office. I worked for this company for almost seven years. It makes a huge difference on which "team" you are going on. I started out on a good team, went to a great team. In an effort to advance, I then made one of the biggest career failure decisions of my life by going onto a horribly managed team. So horribly, in fact, that I am leaving the company.

Advice to Management

It's a shame that management or HR will not look into the reason some teams have such a huge turnover rate. It usually isn't the work that is the problem. ITS THE MANAGEMENT! Also, stop allowing SOME of the clients to treat your site coordinators like dirt and then letting management punish the SC on top of it. I loved this company until this last team I was on! I really do hate that it came to me having to leave.

Lash Group2018-04-23

"Senior Reimbursement Councilor"

Current Employee - Senior Reimbursement Counselor in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Lash Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Insurance benefits are very good; and time off allowed is generous. Best is being a part of AmeriSource Bergen company.

Cons

Rate of pay is not competitive in this area. Many people do not have strong work ethic.

Advice to Management

Put patients first and be honest with the staff. Culture does not foster employee input in practice.

Lash Group2018-01-02