Find jobs for Technology

"Great place to work"

5.0
    Technology in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services

Pros

There seems to be a mixed bag of reviews on this site as to how LGM Financial Services treats its employees, and what the overall work culture is like. Having been at LGM for over a year, I feel like I have a good sense as to the inner workings of the business and the environment. I can say, without a doubt, that the leaders within the company truly care about the employees. They do their best to ensure that the core values are upheld at every level (Integrity, Respect, Continuous Learning, Service Excellence, Giving Back), and most importantly, that each person feels valued. In short, this is one of the most authentic, supportive, fun, and rewarding places that I have had the privilege to work.

Cons

Like most entrepreneurial companies, people are often stretched and pushed beyond their abilities. However, with support, this helps the those that are willing to accept the challenge to gain experience in areas that they may not have in other work places.

Continue reading

LGM Financial Services Response

January 18, 2016CEO

Thank you for the kind review. You are right to say that LGM management does care about its employees. We are committed to improving our employee experience and in fact we prioritize this in our strategic plans and also manage a working group of cross-functional employees who help us keep this important focus. I firmly believe that happy employees and a great working culture breeds the best business outcomes. Plus it makes being at work much more fun. :-) I also agree that our employees are stretched from time to time to go beyond their own personal boundaries of prior achievement. We seek out people that are willing to do so and embrace the challenge. We won't set you up to fail, but we do want our team to take calculated risks and to learn from these experiences. If we don't try then we wont't know what's possible. We truly have a fantastic team at LGM. I am proud of you all!

2. "Strange Company Culture"

2.0
    Current Employee - Technology in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

No sense of urgency to finish tasks. No pressure to complete work. Nice location. Gym and bar in building. Nespresso coffee.

Cons

Majority of technology staff is Russian and they speak Russian a lot and they exclude non Russian speaking staff. Badly managed projects. Lazy co workers. Low salaries. No sense of teamwork. High staff turnover. No sense of job security.

Continue reading

LGM Financial Services Response

November 30, 2015CEO

Thank you for the comments posted. I am glad you see some of the perks of working at LGM. Wait till you see our new office space! We are taking the employee work environment to a whole new level. It sounds like you have high expectations for our technology department and I applaud that. I also encourage you to please bring your concerns forward with your team leader so we can proactively address and improve what is not working. Our core value of continuous learning means that we don't always get things right but we learn from those outcomes and expect ourselves and our colleagues to improve a bit each day. Please be courageous and bring your ideas forward. Feel free to personally visit with me if you would like to do so.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews