LGM Financial Services Technology Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Adam Hill

"Great place to work"

Technology in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services

Pros

There seems to be a mixed bag of reviews on this site as to how LGM Financial Services treats its employees, and what the overall work culture is like. Having been at LGM for over a year, I feel like I have a good sense as to the inner workings of the business and the environment. I can say, without a doubt, that the leaders within the company truly care about the employees. They do their best to ensure that the... core values are upheld at every level (Integrity, Respect, Continuous Learning, Service Excellence, Giving Back), and most importantly, that each person feels valued. In short, this is one of the most authentic, supportive, fun, and rewarding places that I have had the privilege to work.

Cons

Like most entrepreneurial companies, people are often stretched and pushed beyond their abilities. However, with support, this helps the those that are willing to accept the challenge to gain experience in areas that they may not have in other work places.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people. It's a great place to work (as recognized by your industry awards).

LGM Financial Services2016-01-16

"Could be so much better"

Current Employee - Technology in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

- CEO is socially conscious and the company policies, benefits and perks reflect his vision - Core business is established and well respected in the industry - The core business departments are run by professional managers and the culture is good on those teams - Some nice co-workers and executives

Cons

- Technology managers are in over their heads and often make very bad decisions on projects - Lots of drama and unprofessional, irrational behaviour - Disorganized and poor execution of tasks - People speak a different language in meetings and professional settings, effectively leaving out anyone that does not.

Advice to Management

No advice. I believe the executives are smart individuals that understand business.

LGM Financial Services2015-06-07
  3. "Strange Company Culture"

Current Employee - Technology in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

No sense of urgency to finish tasks. No pressure to complete work. Nice location. Gym and bar in building. Nespresso coffee.

Cons

Majority of technology staff is Russian and they speak Russian a lot and they exclude non Russian speaking staff. Badly managed projects. Lazy co workers. Low salaries. No sense of teamwork. High staff turnover. No sense of job security.

Advice to Management

There is a big disconnect between senior members of staff and all other employees.

LGM Financial Services2015-01-24