LGM Financial Services Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 2 de Dec 2019

4.3
LGM Financial Services CEO Adam Hill
Adam Hill
  1. "I recommend this workplace"

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

Very socially responsible company, competitive salary, and great health and wellness benefits

Cons

sometimes the office feels a bit loud because of the open working space

LGM Financial Services2017-05-16
  2. "Company worth joining"

I have been working at LGM Financial Services

Pros

Great benefits working conditions and overall great people. Growing rapidly for lots of opportunities to develop and advance.

Cons

Real Opportunities to advance only in Vancouver. Surprising when their ORM clients are all in Ontario. Discouraging when relocation is not in the cards for the family.

Advice to Management

Expand operations in Oakville to help people who will be ready to do something else after being 18-24 months in their current position.

LGM Financial Services2017-04-07

"Regional Trainer"

Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Oakville, ON

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is refreshing and inspiring to work with such a solid and talented team. I have great confidence in taking on this new role feeling I have a team to support and help me become a success.

Cons

With nearly 11 months under my belt I have yet to uncover a con to working at LGM.

Advice to Management

I would like to thank the dedicated team of management for supporting and inspiring me to be the best I can be.

LGM Financial Services2017-03-10
  4. "Super fun, secure and amazing place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are amazing, location and facilities are second to none, work is engaging and broad, culture is rich and super fun, compensation and benefits are well above the mean and a more casual work environment means that overall it's an absolute pleasure to come to work everyday.

Cons

Not that it's a true con but you have to hit the ground running and be able to go the distance. This is all relative though and it balances out with the environment and culture... we work hard and play hard at LGM!

Advice to Management

More social activities/engagements - this will help to further build those bridges between departments.

LGM Financial Services2017-02-16

"LGM - First-Class Employer"

in Montreal, QC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome benefits. Small enough to still feel like a family. I feel appreciated. Great community and environmental conscience. Generous CEO. Wonderful values.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Therefore I have nothing to say.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice to give to management.

LGM Financial Services2017-01-03

"Best kept secret employer - A culture to be proud of!"

in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services

Pros

- Strong culture of collaboration/employee development and being part of an exciting future - Leadership: open to feedback/invested in the success of the overall company/cares about employees - Generous benefit package: vacation/personal days off/paid volunteer days - Top notch working environment (ergonomic desks for all employees/2 patios/games in lunch room) downtown Vancouver.

Cons

LGM is working hard at nurturing a culture of high engagement, and as such has being recognized as one of Aon Hewitt’s the Best Employers in Canada. I know this review may read too good to be true, but I have been in business for over 20 years and can truly appreciate what LGM does offer to its employees.

Advice to Management

Keep on: - creating open/frequent communication opportunities with your team - sharing your vision of your division/organization future as we continue to grow - promoting a culture of frequent and honest feedback (from employees to you in management) - coaching your employees around their personal development and how their skills and personal contribution contribue to the big picture

LGM Financial Services2017-01-03

"Employee Review"

Manager, Service in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services

Pros

The people and we have first-class, state of the art work environments. Our core values. Our core values are present in everything we do. We don't just put our core values on the wall, we live them! We move as a very fast pace, change is always present. We have made training one of our biggest priorities. The "perks" are too many to list. We have very little employee turnover.

Cons

Our processes haven't kept up with our growth. We move at a fast pace, change is always present. We are constantly under the gun of tight deadlines and quick turn-a-rounds. We have very little employee turnover. Work/life balance, for some roles, is difficult to attain.

Advice to Management

I don't suspect they need my advise, as I feel we are working on the right things, including: training, customer experience improvements, and updating and refining our processes. HUB will allows us to move forward with the IT infrastructure necessary to stay competitive for many years.

LGM Financial Services2017-01-04
  8. "Not recommended"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

- benefits (RRSP, annual bonus)

Cons

- lack of long-term vision of the company.

LGM Financial Services2016-12-25
  9. "Report Developer"

Report Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services

Pros

It is a great company to work with, as leadership cares about the employee and the community. It is open, fair, challenging, and also very rewarding environment. It is fast paced and agile in moving forward new initiatives. Leadership encourages the innovation so that resources can become more creative. The working environment is very nice (ergonomic). You can find very few local companies that can matche LGM.

Cons

As LGM is very fast paced and agile in IT and business, it might require more diligent on documenting the processes, changes and future initiatives. Without existing knowledge documented, it might requires more time and cost to reinvent the wheel, which is not efficient.

Advice to Management

Great leadership style that really connects with the employee - talk to employee very frequently, BBQ events, social events, gives the regular business updates, etc. Keep up the excellent work and Go LGM Go!

LGM Financial Services2016-11-23
  10. "Great Company. Positive Approach. Strong Workforce."

Current Employee - Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at LGM Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is committed to making the company a success, Great work ethic. Management is supportive and the workforce is engaged with a high level of expertise.

Cons

It's a smaller company, so internal transfer / promotion might be slower that within the big corporations.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

LGM Financial Services2016-09-17