Kerry Foods Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Duncan Everett

"import specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Egham, England

I worked at Kerry Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

set schedule for weekly and bi-weekly.

Cons

Very unclean work environment. Machines breakdown every night.

Kerry Foods2018-09-12
  2. "Team lead"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Savannah, GA

I worked at Kerry Foods full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hours and wage was ok

Cons

Not enough team members that cared about the quality of their work

Advice to Management

Work more on the shop floor

Kerry Foods2018-09-12

"Kerry Foods - Attleboroug"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Attleborough, East of England, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fellow employees were nice people

Cons

Very very Cold, long hours,

Kerry Foods2018-09-30

"Don’t accept that offer!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Attleborough, East of England, England

I worked at Kerry Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Kerry foods are a large company that many other employers seem impressed you work for.

Cons

Don’t trust the senior managers. They were all bullies and would stab you in the back all the time. Brought in to improve things and no one liked change or being held accountable. Never been sworn at or called some disgusting things so much in a work place than I did here.

Advice to Management

You should lead by example, not swear and shout at people for how they act when you are the worst of them all.

Kerry Foods2018-09-19
  5. "Make things happen ! Great People and Great Brands"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Egham, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked at Kerry now for 3 years and I find the people are their biggest asset. With the global reach and family feel, rewards are endless. Entrepreneurial attitude, supportive , ability to be empowered to make decisions, open door policy to senior management. I have learnt so much right from Procurement, supply chain, demand planning processes to Sales Academy as a NAM. Brands are evolving where excitement... is rife! Want to make things happen, this is the place to be. #Ownership ,# Better together are key values that come out strong for me.

Cons

Non Really - Only thing that springs to mind is that we cover a lot of categories across chilled with different strategies that one has to get to grips with and learn. The great thing is this adds to the excitement of it all.

Advice to Management

Continue the transparency in the work place, evolving the culture and maintaining the family feel. Continuous engagement to your employees is great.

Kerry Foods2018-08-15

"more of a 3.5 stars, good place, could be great"

Current Employee - Dispatch Operator in Ossett, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some great staff, lovely people, absolutely some great memories have been made working with the people in the despatch area. Transferrable skills can easily be learned in the warehouse, making it a great place for a logistics professional to begin their career. Reasonable/competetive rate of pay. Able to work on personal projects in free time. Positive attitude towards personal development and skills learning... from some team leaders Rigorous attitude towards food safety. Excellent products. HR is Lovely, a rarity beyond rarities! Hockey table! Cheap vending machines in canteen. Active workplace with many novel situations developing, demanding critical thinking and professionalism to resolve, enabling a growth mindset to flourish. Could be great, just needs a kick in the right direction. Free butter!

Cons

There is a very clear divide between staff on an operational and administrative level, a rift that will likely get worse as the warehouse staff routinely and very vocally exclaim their unhappiness with how "management" are handling things, from token claims of "values" which means nothing in practice, or shoddy patch jobs on machinery that requires much better maintenance instead of fabricated sheets of metal.... That's without talking about the dangerous amount of potholes, build up of dust and iron filings and other such issues that required remedying months, if not years ago that have just been ignored. The feeling of favouritism and cliques developing around certain administrative staff haven't been helped by the constantly unfolding drama in the workplace that is definitely not conducive to a healthy work environment, not least of which because it leaves several highly talented and already well-trained operators and team leaders feeling particularly mistreated.

Advice to Management

Foster positive development of your staff, great people work here, for some it is more than a job, let them learn, let them grow, do not try and punish success or fastidiousness, encourage growth, take on the new ideas that seem a bit risky. Treat your operating staff with a bit more respect, certainly there are a lot of us, and I am familiar with Dunbar's number, meaning you can only ever see a certain amount of... humans as complex individuals, but please give the staff a bit more credit than treating them like wage slaves in a dead-end job, because that is how they will feel, and that helps no one. Invest in your engineering and IT teams, engineering is overtaxed with problems they are not well equipped to fix, IT has problems they don't know they have, the effort should not be to keep the place just "running" they should be able to get out ahead of these problems to prevent them in the future, reactionary engineering is for first year startups and government employees, we are a major company, we can do better than this.

Kerry Foods2018-08-24
  7. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - R&D

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the best companies I have had the pleasure of working for. It is so rare to work at a place where there are no bad eggs.

Cons

To be honest I would be nit picking if were to add anything here. No negatives of real substance.

Kerry Foods2018-08-09

"Not the best but there's worse places to work"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Shifts suit my lifestyle, always something going on. People are generally friendly.

Cons

Boring, same problems every day. No training given, expected to learn from others who have not had any proper training either. No chance of progression, dead mans shoes. Us and them Culture workers v's management.

Advice to Management

Management refuse to train people and when they do they train the wrong people who then leave.

Kerry Foods2018-08-22

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time

Pros

Faced pace environment & no two days are the same Great opportunity to get involved in projects outside of the day job Great initiatives such as We Are Kerry Foods Day & Special Olympics events create a great atmosphere in the office & shows they are a company that cares about their employees and communities

Cons

Too busy with the day job to get involved in volunteering opportunities Work/life balance isn't always great

Kerry Foods2018-08-01

"Great work culture"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Egham, England

I have been working at Kerry Foods full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great one team culture and encouraged wider cross functional working

Cons

Workload has increased yet demands and expectations have also increased

Kerry Foods2018-08-01