Kainos Workday Consultant Reviews

Updated Oct 5, 2021

Found 6 of over 249 reviews

3.9
Kainos Managing Director Brendan Mooney (no image)
Brendan Mooney

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with a few areas of improvement needed

Oct 5, 2021 - Workday Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours that promote a healthy work-life balance. Supportive management and friendly engaging colleagues. Suitable equipment provided for the job. Clear communication from Senior Management/ Executives.

Cons

Progression paths and development plans are not well structured; it's very complex to progress and/or move into a new role in the business. The salary for Associate/ Senior Associate level is significantly under the market rate (when compared to competitors) and the salary bands between Senior Associate and Consultant level have a major void between them. The benefits are generous but there could be more to offer e.g. re-introducing share incentives for employees OR the 'Skills for Me' offering. The above two points need to be worked on as a number of colleagues have left the business because either A) It's easier to move to a new company than it is to move internally, B) Other companies/ competitors are offering enticing salaries that Kainos DO NOT compete with. Across the last year, the culture has shifted significantly. The lack of being in the office and having work events e.g. 'Pay Day Drinks', Christmas do's, Summer BBQ etc. has slightly taken away the united feeling of the team. The company have multiple Diversity and Inclusion networks throughout the company. However, I feel that more could be done to keep employees up-to-date about the goings on of each community and how they can get involved; more internal promotion is needed.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company overall, however Workday Business unit doesn't share the same company values

Oct 2, 2020 - Workday Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best CEO's going The people you'll be working with in general are great Will invest in you Great social aspect Ability to move latterly Socially Responsible and give back to the wider community

Cons

Variance in pay between people doing the same job Workday BU as a whole don't share the same corporate values as the wider company (treating people like resources and not people) Management in Workday BU are poor at communicating and people management

9 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really great place to work

Nov 3, 2019 - Workday Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Right approach to people who want a great career, with fair rewards while also enjoying the right work/life balance

Cons

Very few - the company has been growing very quickly so the normal growing pains exist but they acknowledge this and are pretty good at fixing the issues and communicating to staff during the process.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Poisonous culture within Worksmart division.

Jul 11, 2019 - Workday Functional Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free fruit and occasional free drinks

Cons

What does workplace culture say about an organization? A lot I think. In Kainos Worksmart there's a poisonous blame culture (especially senior management), chronic overworking, tone deaf approach to staff feedback, no interest in staff career development (but plenty of lip service from the top). CEO is a very nice man who tries to paper over the cracks with a smile and free ice cream but appears impotent when it comes to sorting out the structural problems. Divisional senior management rule the roost and use his speeches on staff wellbeing/customer focus for toilet paper. As the stinking pile grows the corporate leadership flush it away with a smile and a glossy new post on social media.

22 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic culture in Worksmart BU

Nov 18, 2017 - Workday Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Kainos as a company has a good ethos, we have good top level management (CEO) and I gather other business units don't have the same issues Worksmart has.

Cons

- Senior Management of the Worksmart BU is atrocious: there is a culture of severe overworking, lack of transparency and quite frankly an insidious culture of low-level bullying from senior management. - There attrition rate is stark - something which is disguised by the number of new junior starters as the company grows - but the reality is that of people with more that 1 year's experience as Workday Consultants more than half have resigned within the past year due to the toxic atmosphere. - The pulse surveys from the Business Unit have become an embarrassment; the sad thing is that the issues have all been highlighted to the senior management including above BU Head level and no change has been forthcoming. Talks of improving the situation is.. just that. - You will undoubtedly be overworked and receive no recognition - monetary or otherwise.

37 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nicest colleagues I have every worked with - pity about the management

Aug 11, 2017 - Workday Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

The level of autonomy, my colleagues and the flexible working hours.

Cons

The management changes that have occurred in the Workday business unit in the past year - Kainos is going from being an utterly unique company to work for to a typical Northern Ireland company where the staff are resources and nothing more.

14 people found this review helpful

Kainos Response

Managing Director

Thank-you for taking the time to provide your feedback (all of your feedback). I agree with your assessment of our colleagues, they are a great bunch of people to work with. From when people start in Kainos we encourage people to share knowledge and support each other in their current and future roles (we also provide lots of opportunities for people to spend time together in non-work situations, but having fun is not compulsory ;-) ). I'm surprised about your comments on the senior team in the Workday part of our business - it's been a pretty stable team for quite a long period of time. As always, I'm not disputing your experience and I will look into your comments; and as always, I would encourage you to raise your concerns directly with me, or with any of our colleagues in the People team. Brendan

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews