Kainos Home and Training Center Reviews

Updated Oct 12, 2020

Found 4 of over 4 reviews

4.6

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 4.0
    Current Employee

General Review for Kainos Residential and Vocational Departments

Oct 12, 2020 - Assessment Specialist in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kainos has an amazing CEO, Andy Frisch. The company shows that they truly care for their employees.

Cons

Regarding the employment services department, I feel like everyone is still trying to develop a system that works for them.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

One of the best work experience in my life

Aug 13, 2017 - Floor Supervisor Site Supervisor Vocational Instructor in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started at kainos when I was very young I believe 20 in their vocational program as a floor supervisor this was my second job working with the developmentally disabled from first off all direct service staff in my program friendly and encouraging we all worked as a team with all our hard work and ideas we made the program work for the clients we serve I made some lifelong friends both staff and client during the ten years I worked at kainos I was production supervisor site supervisor at a few work sites in the community did deliveries operated the forklift and maintained the packaging equipment on the production floor at the work center and on weekends I would fill in at there residential programs The executive and Administration staff we're always supportive we are all working towards the same goal The administration encourage you to take any training you can lots of times they will have in services regarding how to deal with the segment of the population we're teaching My brother worked there part-time I believe in their landscape Department as an instructor and my sister still works there I believe it's her 20th year she works with residence in the community I have definitely recommended kainos to my friends and family as a great place to work

Cons

Like with a lot of other nonprofits the direct service staff does not make a lot of money kainos does try to compensate their staff fairly and I believe pays their Direct service staff slightly above other agencies working with the same population in the area

Continue reading
  3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Teach and assist adults w/DD. Help them reach personal goals.

Jan 6, 2016 - Living Skills Instructor in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The clients are fun, sometimes challenging but mostly in a way that will help you with your personal growth. The staff is for the most part very hardworking and dedicated. The supervisors I personally worked with were great at training and encouragement. They are likely to be the most supportive company I will ever have had he good fortune of working for.

Cons

The clients can also be frustrating at times but nothing out of the ordinary. Supervisors are not always on site and have to rely on staff representations of other staff members. The information is not always accurate and can sometimes be damaging. Loving people can sometimes be meddlesome. The pay is good for the field but still low for the Bay Area. Not a lot of upward mobility.

Continue reading
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Receptionist

Jun 17, 2015 - Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Total respect for this non-profit organization. Kainos provides unique structure, training, and support for developmentally disabled adults. I had never worked in an office environment before, and the training I received there has served me well ever since.

Cons

I have nothing negative to relate.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews