Kainos HCM Consultant Reviews

Updated Mar 17, 2021

Found 4 of over 249 reviews

5.0
Kainos Managing Director Brendan Mooney (no image)
Brendan Mooney

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Mar 17, 2021 - HCM Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is nice and CEO is good

Cons

Some micromanaging at times but only with few managers

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great and Exciting

Oct 14, 2020 - HCM Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting Caring Professional Fun Enjoyable

Cons

Nothing really to note for being negative

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Worksmart - Don't fear the growing pains

Sep 11, 2018 - HCM Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's often said that it's the people you work with but it really is the people you work with at Kainos. Whether that be management down to a graduate, you'll always be able to ask for help. You'll be able to progress your career in a multitude of directions and be treated as an adult. I've previously worked in well known, multinational organisations. I found that I was micro managed and limited in what I could do and say in those environments. I can say that my experience in Kainos has been the exact opposite. I've been able to progress my career in the direction I want to, merely by letting management know my thoughts and working with my career coach to plot a successful path. I'm in control of my own workload as much as possible due to project timelines and constraints. If I need to change how or where I work for personal reasons it's supported, as long as it doesn't impact any deliverables I may have. Kainos wants us to grow, in and out of the workplace. Specific training is actively encouraged, whether that be gaining additional Workday certifications, in house soft skills or a monetary gift each year via skills for you, to spend on anything you wish to learn. Regular social activities, where else pays for some free drinks every month?

Cons

We've been a victim of our own success over the last while. This has led to a significant increase in the amount of projects we're being asked to deliver with working across multiple projects becoming more common. I know that this has been acknowledged by the BU and is being addressed, with increased recruitment but also increased recognition for those who are already at Kainos.

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worksmart continues to slide from bad to worse. Such a shame.

Aug 17, 2018 - HCM Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

- You'll work with great people for the most part

Cons

The worksmart 'leadership' team should be called the 'lack of leadership' team; incoherent pressure-cooker strategy is driving down quality, real productivity and morale whilst attrition continues to soar. Atmosphere is awful, overworking is rife and head in the sand approach to complaints continues. Constant pressure to reduce quality and just get stuff out the door so you can go on to the next billable project. You have to attend business updates and staff meetings in your own time unless you can bill it to a customer (unfortunately not a joke) and you now have to travel exclusively in your own time unless absolutely unavoidable. No TOIL. No frills. No thanks. Team-building is not a concept senior management understands except when it comes to their own jollies. If you'd like to be valued as an employee, paid something close to market rate, be appreciated for working extra hours.. don't hold your breath. To the senior management you're solely a resource who is there to make money and you should thank them for the privilege. If you're thinking of joining as a workday engagement manager or consultant and want to talk to someone who has been in the business for a while.. good luck finding anyone, the attrition rate is abysmal.

Continue reading