Jumeirah Executive Butler Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 25 Jan 2020

3.7
Jumeirah CEO José Silva
José Silva
  1. "One of the best employers in the hotel industry"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England

I worked at Jumeirah full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, friendly team, supportive HR.

Cons

Can't add anything re cons...

Jumeirah2020-01-25
  2. "Good"

Former Employee - Executive Sous Chef in Dubai

I worked at Jumeirah full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good teamwork Good HR behind staff Good ideas of the future

Cons

Management Standard still not settled as many companies who are longer on the market.

Jumeirah2020-01-22
  3. "Long hours, no rewards, reduce in benefits and reduce in pay."

Current Employee - Senior Management in Dubai

I have been working at Jumeirah full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discount in Jumeirah outlets and cheap hotel rooms.

Cons

The contract you have is worthless, salary reduced with no notice, benefits removed/reduced without notice. Can't even afford the benefits now even as senior management. No communication. Toxic work environment.

Jumeirah2020-01-08
  4. "A company which does not value its employees"

Former Employee - Senior Management in London, England

I worked at Jumeirah full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

When I joined Jumeirah in the days when the company was run by people with integrity and respect it was a great place to work. Good culture, mutual respect, great benefits, and some of the nicest work colleagues.

Cons

Jumeirah today is a different world. The senior leadership team are egotistical maniacs who have no respect for the staff. They have got rid of the best GMs throughout the company and then made 300+ staff at Jumeirah Carlton tower redundant. There is now no job security and blame culture is everywhere. The Carlton tower redundancies were badly managed with a lack of respect and care for those staff who had worked at that hotel for up to 30 years. The CEO and the people he surrounds himself with just didn’t care. Now they are trying to recruit all those positions barely 3 months after we all finished on 1st September 2019 - is that even legal?

Advice to Management

it is unfortunate and sad that you have destroyed a company which once had such a good reputation and people aspired to work for you. Without the right staff you won’t have the loyal guests.

Jumeirah2020-01-25
  5. "Jumeirah Carlton Tower"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Jumeirah full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salaries are very good for a London hotel. Service charge, specifically during summer months, is generous. The canteen for employees is very good. Incredibly talented on-property employees who you could learn a lot from. Good discounts/benefits. Global career opportunities.

Cons

For a 9 month closure for a refurbishment, 94% (300+) colleagues were made redundant - the process was handled terribly. The CEO avoided the property at all costs when he was in London once the redundancy announcements were made, never once addressing employees which was poor. Senior leadership showed a lack of respect and care for both employees and guests/clients alike during the closure/redundancy process. It became a very difficult and negative place to work. During my time I saw managers being hired and fired quite ruthlessly; managers who were extremely talented and had impacted the company greatly. One day they were there, the next being walked out of the building with no explanation to employees. Some incredible employees were let go this year, some who really were the heart and soul of the hotel and were the reason why guests kept returning again and again. I'm not sure Jumeirah Carlton Tower will ever be the same once it re-opens.

Advice to Management

Ensure you are able to fullfill the company standards, Guiding Principles and Hallmarks, so that your employees are able to learn by example. You'll gain a lot more respect from employees by doing so, because there is a clear lack of evidence to show that senior leadership actually understand and practice these things. It’s also quite apparent that some senior leaders don’t fully understand that the way in which we work in the UK is very different to the Middle East – behaviour that might be acceptable there isn’t necessarily acceptable here.

Jumeirah2019-12-31
  6. "I am working as a butler in Jumeirah at Etihad tower."

Current Employee - Butler in Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Jumeirah full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Team work is the great in Jumeirah.

Cons

Top mgmt is going down now a day.

Advice to Management

Mgmt has to followed all ideas.

Jumeirah2019-12-13
  7. "HR Manager"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Dubai

I worked at Jumeirah full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The best employer in the middle east

Cons

Still need to grow for the world market and to be world chain luxury brand

Advice to Management

Need to raise the bar along with the world class brands to compete and maintain strong desire to be succeed in the market.

Jumeirah2019-12-12
  8. "Front office in various Jumeirah hotels in Dubai"

Former Employee - Front Office in Dubai

I worked at Jumeirah full-time for less than a year

Pros

Perfect place as a stepping stone, to start your career.

Cons

Extremely negative attitude of management to staff!!! Discrimination by nationality; salary wise , treatment wise, opportunity wise. You can put 200% efforts to work hard and have your job done excellently, it all does not matter if you are not European or Emirati. Very well experienced and strong Indian team leader gets half of the salary of newly joined European colleague who knows nothing. Especially, recently Jumeirah started to hire European people with no experience, no background at all!!! Just passport. I am not Indian, I am from CIS. It’s just few examples I have given. Very sad to leave the company where I planned to grow. But I could not.

Advice to Management

Better conditions for staff.

Jumeirah2019-12-10
  9. "Disappointing"

Former Employee - Front Office Manager in London, England

I worked at Jumeirah full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company has a great reputation amongst guests and hence they want to pay some serious money to stay here. Salary is amongst the highest

Cons

Bullying, intimidation and Stressing the HOD’s unfortunately is currently so widely prevalent and is going unchecked. It’s unbelievable

Advice to Management

Time to internalise and think about the team who have given you years of service. If you look after them, they will do wonders for you, but unfortunately you are far from that

Jumeirah2019-12-23
  10. "Work environment"

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative

I have been working at Jumeirah full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good place to start your career in a hospitality industry

Cons

1. No opportunity to grow and develop 2. Low salaries, comparing to the other companies at the market

Jumeirah2019-11-22