Johnson & Johnson Reviews

2,264 Ratings
  1. "Fantastic place"

Former Employee - Automation Engineer in Limerick, Limerick

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people Very safety conscious Will invest in training and support Interesting work, given ownership of tasks and not micromanaged. Good pay and benefits Long term career prospects

Cons

Meetings about meetings before meetings. A lot of meetings

2. "sales intern"

Former Employee - Marketing in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time

Pros

good place to work in

Cons

none that i can think of

3. "Corporation"

Current Employee - Process Technician in Limerick, Limerick
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For experience that enough I think

Cons

Corporation you are only number

Continue reading
  4. "Very good"

Current Employee - Production Technician in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time

Pros

Great people to work for

Cons

A do not have any

5. "Nice place"

Current Employee - Senior Salesforce Developer in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time

Pros

Good place to work actually.

Cons

Not good place to work

6. "Vistakon"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time

Pros

Mechanical Engineer - CNC programist

Cons

Lathe, milling machines, powder metalurgy

"good safe job"

Current Employee - Process Technician in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time

Pros

good benefits such as bonus scheme and healthcare for family as much overtime as you like

Cons

shift work, month of days and month of nights 12 hr shifts basic salary 30k sometimes hard to get holidays

8. COVID-19

"Great Employer"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time

Pros

Big Multinational - look after all aspects of Employee Well being ! Very evident now in the covid crisis - really supportive of all aspects

Cons

Big organisation - very matrix ...takes time to navigate

"Mediocre Culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Limerick, Limerick

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Reasonable salary; -Good benefits, insurance; Fruits daily; -Share purchase; Onsite gym, doctor, etc; -A few smart people to work with; Some people are friendly if theres no politics involved; -Opportunities to work on large-scaled challenging projects; Encourage workflow improvements. -Activities, meetups, lunch and learns were supported. -JnJ has good company cultures globally. -Work-life balance - depends on projects -Some courses and conferences organized by HR for graduates. -It was once a great place with many talents and encouragement of learning and innovations, until controlled by the hypocrites. Management seems to be blinded by them.

Cons

-There are a lot of conflicts with other branches of JnJ. Colleagues outside the branch and contractors are sometimes kept in the dark about their status. -Office politics are everywhere. Hypocrites talk jives, goof around and take other's credit, but the management trusts them. Promotions aren't based on merits. Who attends training or conferences is base on how friendly you are with your manager, not skill needs. A lot of secret meetings behind your back, as well as gossiping and trash-talking; it is not an environment for earnest people who just want to work. After a certain time, an employee would either have to play the same game (I witnessed decent people turning like that over time in this toxic environment) or be targeted, bullied, have their merits stolen and eventually pushed out. It may be the right place to learn to play politics. Real talents wouldn't stay long. -There is very little guidance and mentoring for junior employees; Low tolerance for learning curves. Junior developers are questioned on their abilities if they spend a bit longer to onboard. On the opposite, some particular "senior" developers really take their time learning on the projects or are never eager to improve. With the name of "Pair Programming", they can simpliy cover the truth about their real level. It also happened once or twice junior team members were jeered during so called "Pair Programming". -Even though JnJ has a good company culture, the development centre’s culture is mediocre. Despite the emphasis on diversity and inclusion, it is hard to progress if you are a not a white male. It is not surprising to hear jokes on one's ethnicity, background, accent, politic views, etc. The recruitment process is opaque. Overall, there is a clear difference in treatment between white and non-white, especially Asians. -Performance reviews and goal settings are a bit confusing, and in the end, it depends again on your relationship with whoever review you. -As a young female junior employee, I was harassed by a senior member for several years and bullied by his allies. My mentor (a white male) only asked me to resolve it myself and encouraged me not to speak up. When I finally decided to speak up, my mentor turned against me and revealed himself to be also part of the problem. I spent lots of time and money on mental counselling and therapy. Conclusion: my time at here was harrowing and exhausting. I ended up with serious depression problems.

Continue reading
  10. "Average salary"

Former Employee - Automation Engineer in Limerick, Limerick

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time

Pros

Dynamic environment, interesting projects and people.

Cons

Inefficiency can be sometime discouraging, some bad decisions made.

Found 5022 reviews