Jessops Team Leader Reviews

Updated 6 Feb 2020

4.5
Jessops Executive Chairman David Adams (no image)
David Adams
  1. "A well paced challenge in the retail world"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Patchway, England

I worked at Jessops full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very friendly staff throughout the ranks 5 weeks holiday Hourly pay is very good Customer base is fantastic

Cons

Progression is very slow but worth it Shift patterns

Jessops2020-02-06
  2. "Great store to work at"

4.0
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Kingston upon Thames, England

I worked at Jessops full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Constantly learning, problem solving, communicating

Cons

indoor job, limited stock availability

Jessops2019-07-25
  3. "Jessops"

Current Employee - Team Leader
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Jessops part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you love photography and cameras it's the place for you, getting to grips with the latest tech and gear and talking about it all day long Keeping film photography and print alive opportunities to work in the Academy

Cons

Low pay for the amount of responsibility for the team leader retail work means you don't get much of a weekend, ever Vague contract Interference from area managers and head office, who don't know how different stores work

Jessops2017-10-28
  4. "Easy Job"

Team Leader in Ipswich, England

I have been working at Jessops for less than a year

Pros

Easy job no hard graft

Cons

No chance of progression through the company

Jessops2017-04-20
  5. "Not bad, for retail."

Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Jessops full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Generous bonus scheme, loan equipment for personal use, the possibility of relatively quick progression, you leave work at 6 and don't think about it until 9am the next day.

Cons

Low basic wage, angry customers aren't uncommon, targets for absolutely -everything-, little support from above.

Jessops2016-06-23

"Great with people"

Store Manager/Team Leader in Hereford, England

I worked at Jessops

Pros

I was one of Herefords best sales/team leader and had the highest sales in the west. I was often commended by the managing director personally and had a great banter with employees and and customers. My services to the company were unparalleled. You work hard for the company and the company gives back. Mystery shoppers- were paramount back in the day. And our store (Hereford) had one of the top scores for the region with one of the hardest working teams.

Cons

Conference calls were a bit of a bother at the end of a busy shift. But we're sometimes necessary to boost sales. The point of sales (promotional posters) often changed to often. But this really only reflected a changing market to beat competitors prices.

Jessops2015-09-24
  7. "An OK job if you have a passion for cameras, but beware of KPI targets and lack of incentives."

Former Employee - Team Leader in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Jessops full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1) Get to try out the latest DSLR cameras and lenses. 2) If you're lucky, you can have great co-workers. 3) Very good competitions formulated by camera manufacturers (I have won a few cameras and a helicopter flight photography experience by completing quizzes)

Cons

1) If you work in a small store it is difficult to get a lunch break due to low head count of employees. 2) Sales process audit is a chore and can be unnatural (You have offer your name to every potential shopper and offer quotes to each customer if they're not buying which can be tedious if the store is busy) 3) Very little financial reward for doing a good job. (No commission on selling extra warranties etc.) 4) Hardly a day goes by when a customer points out that they can purchase a memory card for considerably cheaper online 5) Too focussed on KPI targets. Need to focus more on profit targets as sales of cameras with decent margins are being lost as workers are afraid to sell a camera by itself due to fear of not meeting KPI requirements (i.e. accompanying accessories such as memory cards, cases, repair protection plans etc.) 6) Too much paperwork and filing everyday. Wasting paper.

Jessops2012-12-10

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews