Industry Dynamics Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Industry Dynamics Reviews

Updated 21 Jun 2018

2.3
Pros
  • "In a short time she has literally transformed the world of events and taken wtg to a new level(in 8 reviews)

• "Great opportunity to make money and move up in the company (if on the right projects)(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "WTG was collateral damage of a declining industry - the events industry is at an 'innovate or die' stage in its history(in 10 reviews)

• "Brutal management team with no passion or ethics(in 7 reviews)

1. "Ok company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Industry Dynamics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sales Skills, Great work parties

Cons

Cold Calling, Tough to work with Management

Industry Dynamics2018-06-21
  2. "Operation manager"

Current Employee - Operation Manager in Prague

I have been working at Industry Dynamics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment , professional relation, respectful staff

Cons

less salary, less communication, less motivation

Industry Dynamics2018-03-12
  3. "Nice place to advance in career"

Former Employee - Associate Engineer in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Industry Dynamics part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good package, good benefits, good people

Cons

not that long break, sometimes hectic

Advice to Management

Lack of communication between management and technicians

Industry Dynamics2018-01-30
  4. "WTG"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in London, England

I worked at Industry Dynamics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Location was great. A stones throw from London Bridge.

Cons

I was coaxed over to this company under false pretenses. I moved from a company where I had my own office, desk and window. Imagine my surprise when I'm placed on a bunch of tables spilling with paper sharing it with 10 others all on the phone. We had 15 minutes in the morning to use the only TWO computers to research companies to contact based on our field. Many of mine were American, so the time difference... stopped me from making calls. I went to use a computer sometime mid-afternoon and was completely roasted in front of everyone - even the two HR advisors who hired me. They never said a word. I bit my tongue and got on with my job as best I could but I absolutely hate it there. I've never wanted lunch or home time to come so quickly. I made the company a lot of money and the salary was a joke. I didn't earn any commission as I wasn't there longer than a month.

Advice to Management

None. I'm glad you're under. You had no idea on how to treat staff. You bullied myself and many others - and we've all gone on to bigger and better things.

Industry Dynamics2017-09-09
  5. "A reasonable first job"

I worked at Industry Dynamics full-time

Pros

It was interesting place to start your career. manager and co-workers were great

Cons

It was a dying company, sales were dropping significantly. At the end, they closed down their toronto office

Industry Dynamics2017-01-16
  6. "Sales exec"

I worked at Industry Dynamics

Pros

Opportunity to Earn - opportunity to learn

Cons

Too much to list - they closed down after I left.

Industry Dynamics2016-11-17
  7. "WTG"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Industry Dynamics

Pros

High pressure sales envirionment. Steep learning curve. You will learn about the sales process from A-Z. Your put on the sales floor and will have to close sales week 2 after a brief induction.

Cons

No real progression opportunities for sale personell. Very results driven leading to a high turnover of staff. Individual sales performance is measured and ranked on a spreadsheet which goes out twice daily. If you do not hit weekly numbers you get put on target, if you don't hit that, your considered dead weight and your gone.

Advice to Management

The managers are decent sales people to be fair. They know how to close deals and will assist on a sales when needed. Managers should try to treat staff less like battery hens. Making the staff stand if floor sales targets are low is not the way to motivate them. Try giving more regular staff performance reviews and feed back.

Industry Dynamics2016-05-10
  8. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in London, England

I worked at Industry Dynamics full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wouldn't listen to a word of the last comment. This is from a competitor that focuses more on other peoples companies than there own (worrying I know). I had the pleasure to work here on a short term basis and watched the re-brand take place. The company has created good ethics and a nice culture. I worked there for just under a year. I made good money and was made to feel welcome right from the off.

Cons

The company had some previous bad management to my knowledge but with the team in place now I see nothing but bright things for this company and wish them all the best.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, the team seems that they are connected and engaged

Industry Dynamics2016-04-07

"Head of Sales"

Former Employee - Head of Sales in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Industry Dynamics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Freedom to do work the way you like.

Cons

Nepotism. Short-sightedness. Unprofessional. Counter-intuitive approach to sales and business. Poor management. Zero training.

Advice to Management

Resign and go and learn how to run a company efficiently. Delegation is important but if you do it 100% of time you're simply inept and lazy at your job.

Industry Dynamics2016-04-11

"Hmm see The company has changed its name to 'Industry Dynamics'"

I worked at Industry Dynamics

Pros

It still had a couple of the old Wtg directors remain. Rebirth? Phoenix rising from the flames? Or maybe it's a zombie

Cons

Plenty. Read some of the previous reviews. The product has 'passed the parcel' via different owners who don't understand the original DNA of successful event sales. They blame their own failings on others in a heart beat.

Industry Dynamics2016-04-01