InVision Reviews

Found 247 of over 255 reviews

3.6
InVision CEO Clark Valberg
Clark Valberg
Pros
  • "Remote work really enables you to live your best life at work and home(in 56 reviews)

• "Complete flexiblity, people work from home or remotely(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Remote work environment isn't for everyone(in 21 reviews)

• "You have to be very motivated to work from home(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Business Development Representative

Oct 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best company I ever worked for, really grateful to work there.

Cons

Not real cons... You have to adapt to the remote way of working, first weeks can be complicated but it is worth it!

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Collaboration is what we do best.

Jul 26, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

InVision gives each employee the tools and trainings they need to really make an impact. The emphasis on running your job functions like you own a part of the company really helps indivisuals feel empowered and like they have something at stake as well. I feel like InVision trusts me to di what needs to be done to achieve my personal and professional goals and advnace my career. Micromanaging isn't a word that exists at this company.

Cons

It can be slightly challenging working 100% remote. It can be quite the learning curve if you're not familiar with the design world.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place with lots of perks!

Jul 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the remote environment and that everyone at the company is trusted to do their work anywhere they want. There’s no micromanaging of time or projects, and you have a lot of room to make suggestions for product and process improvements. All of my equipment arrived well ahead of my start date, and onboarding was a breeze. The perks are really good, my favorite being unlimited time off and a snack stipend.

Cons

None so far. Things have been great!

4. 5.0

Professional and Supportive Company

Jul 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am only a few months in but working at InVision has been one of the best professional experiences in my life. The onboarding and training was spot-on and incredibly supportive. I feel like I was set up to succeed. All of my colleagues have been incredibly supportive, genuine and professional. The perks are as amazing as they seem. The company-wide meetings are a fun and interactive way to see what other departments are up to.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about InVision!

5. 5.0

Incredible team!

Jul 22, 2021 - Senior Director in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

A fully remote company, creates an inclusive environment and encourages growth and opportunity for their employees.

Cons

On-boarding can feel slow, lots of opportunities can create crunch times as projects stack up

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company and working environment I've ever been a part of.

May 27, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's so many things to like about InVision. 1. The company is fully remote -- this not only means that everyone works remotely all the time, this also means that they really know how to work remotely well. When the pandemic hit, a lot of companies shifted their software engineering operations to working remotely. Most of those companies had huge growing pains doing so -- not so with InVision. 2. The company is very focused on maintaining a positive, inclusive, and effective culture. The employees are encouraged and empowered in numerous ways to contribute to and maintain a positive work environment. 3. The compensation package is very competitive. 4. The engineering culture, technology, and talent is world class. There's a ton of smart people to learn from. 5. The company has big, exiting tech plans, and it's exhilarating to be a part of it.

Cons

Nothing that is thematic enough to mention here ;)

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not recommended

May 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fairly competitive pay Good benefits Remote work - both a pro and con A lot of great customers

Cons

Depending on what team you're on, you might have a huge workload (many many people burn out working here), while others hide under the radar and get away with doing very little (or they know how to appear busy or take credit for others work). The few people who are promoted are usually the ones who suck up to the right people, not those who are really working hard and contributing most to the company. This means there are lots of inexperienced, incompetent managers and directors who have no idea of how to lead a team and get stuff done. There are frequent layoffs and voluntary departures of talented people, but when a person leaves, no one bats an eye. This all results in a very low employee morale, but the company doesn’t do anything to retain talent, develop talent or improve employee happiness.

16 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, great culture

Apr 5, 2021 - Product Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fabulous company culture. A pioneer in remote work, InVision has all of the resources and support needed to live your best remote life. InVision has made a true effort to support diversity and inclusion initiatives and has taken active steps to make improvements. The design-driven culture is so refreshing, this is a place where individuals are empowered to share ideas and insights and a "how might we" approach to problem-solving. InVision has truly some of the most talented (yet friendly!) product managers, marketers, and functional leaders I've ever worked with. This is also a place where internal promotion and career growth opportunities abound.

Cons

Some have complained in the past about InVision frequently changing the roadmap and strategy, however, we have new product leadership and it feels like we're headed in the right direction.

5 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The rocketship went thru an asteroid belt, but is still flying

Mar 3, 2021 - Engineering Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The people are amazing. The company actually lives out its values. - Early adopter of remote work and figured out how to do it well. - Excellent all hands. I feel highly informed about the business. - Great work/life balance, but it's up to the individual to behave as a fully formed adult and take personal responsibility for it. - Executive leadership in last year is strongest it's ever been, especially in Product & Engineering. - CEO is humble, approachable, candid, compassionate and encourages the rest of the company to be so too.

Cons

- Quagmire of tech debt from early CTO haunts the company to this day. Innovating while paying it down has been a long, painful journey. Many large, existing customers are not yet getting the benefits of the last 2 years of product improvements that new customers get. - Invented a product category, but now facing intense competitive threats. First-mover advantage was eclipsed by the tech debt and early organizational immaturity. Encouraging progress has been made on both in last year, but it feels like yet another "make it or break it" year.

5 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor leadership and toxic work environment

Apr 16, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of really genuine and smart people work here. The company does a great job hiring on the individual contributor level.

Cons

For a company that prides itself on culture, it needs to take a long look in the mirror. If you're not "in" with management, you will feel like you're sitting at the loser table in the cafeteria in high school. Very cliquey, which is pretty bad when you're a remote company and people already feel isolated. I've heard that a lot has changed since I left, both good and bad, however the company is still struggling hard with market share and is slow to roll-out new features and fix issues. Customers are frustrated and it falls back onto the customer facing teams, who get little support from a leadership team that only cares about revenue and not the well-being of their employees. When I made the decision to leave, I didn't hear from a single senior manager or HR to wish me luck or hear more about why I was unhappy there. Was just told where to return my laptop and that's it. I've heard from other former employees that they were treated the same.

15 people found this review helpful