HomeServe UK Senior Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated Dec 4, 2019

4.5
HomeServe UK CEO Greg Reed
Greg Reed
  1. "Still a great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great hard working people always looking to make a difference

Cons

Limited funding now for Learning & Development

Advice to Management

Keep on course!

HomeServe UK2019-12-04
  2. "Fast moving and friendly place to work!"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a very people focussed culture which encourages collaborative working across different parts of the business. It is also very focussed on customer outcomes and putting the customer first.

Cons

Be ready for lots of change and fast pace at times.

HomeServe UK2019-09-26
  3. "Ive been with HomeServe for 16 years and I wouldnt change a thing"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fast paced, challenging, feel empowered, great people, great facilities, career development, good benefits, flexible working, diverse and inclusive

Cons

Some of the facilities which I know we are working on

Advice to Management

Look at the internal candidates for a new role or progression first before going externally - we have a lot of talent.

HomeServe UK2019-09-30
  4. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Team Spirit Great People to work with - more like friends then colleagues Good career opportunities On site parking On site canteen Good benefits

Cons

Some of the facilities could be improved, but overall a lot better than other companies When you get to a certain level it can be difficult to progress and get recognised Struggle to get work life balance

Advice to Management

Listen and Recognise talent and effort for those that have progressed and going over and beyond their role. Manage the message downwards.

HomeServe UK2019-09-25
  5. "Ambitious, changing at pace, great place to work"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely people, truly friendly culture, open leadership style and freedom to deliver

Cons

change sometimes feels very reactive rather than strategic

HomeServe UK2019-04-12

"Great company, great culture, great values, genuine people"

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

I must admit I have never been so inspired by the way a company lives by its values and by how the culture totally reflects what the company praise itself for. Even in a back office role, the feeling of being able make a real tangible impact in how the company is shaped is a boost in motivation. The tone at the top is clearly spot on and is reflected all the way down to ALL employees. It is the first time I truly... feel motivated by the leadership of the company where I work, their down to earth personalities and availability to every single employee to have an open conversation with them. The growth and development opportunities (mainly horizontally but also vertically) are visible every month which shows again how strong is the focus on employee's development. The support and team spirit is great making of it a great working environment. I cannot be happier with my move to HomeServe.

Cons

The company is growing at a rapid pace (which is great) but it seems sometimes that the old legacy processes are hard to break. However, there has never been a better time to transform negatives into opportunities!

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on your people and they will take care of the company and its customers with the same focus. Keep the momentum going for making your teams world class teams but do it cautiously so no one feels expectations levels are climbing to quick.

HomeServe UK2017-11-03

"A vibrant & people focussed place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Partnerships Manager in Walsall, England

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

The first focus is on the employees/people. Sort them out, and they'll sort out the customers and the others with an interest. Sounds simple - but how many others actually do it? Strategy is clear and shared with all. Ideas from all levels of the business are not just welcomed but are encouraged - and then often acted upon. Management listen - following a survey the maternity and paternity benefit was enhanced... to market leading standard Flexible working location (role dependant) The new CEO will gladly have a half hour 1-2-1 with anyone... anyone. Unheard of if you ask me. Investment in tech changes will make a massive difference. Company is in growth mode - both UK and internationally. A good time to get in. Lots of employee engagement stuff and a decent Chrimbo Do. The vibe in the place is palpable, becomes the norm but those experiencing for the first time don't quite know what the hell is going on - in a good way! oh and a free policy is great - felt guilty using mine, but service was great.

Cons

I had some cons, but on reflection they feel a bit petty. No one and no company are perfect, but if they're striving to be better then don't knock it, so I won't. Ok I will, having to reverse park is a pain in the a**e!

Advice to Management

Carry on, carry on, and then do a little bit more :-) Share the salary bands with people - let them know where they are at.

HomeServe UK2017-10-27

"Senior Partnerships Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Partnerships Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunities to progress and enhance your own career prospects. A really good culture has been embedded into the business and everyone really does look out for one another. It's great also that you can have a 121 with the CEO regardless of level which is probably unheard of at other companies.

Cons

Sometimes with everything that is going on as it's really busy at the moment, it sometimes can be difficult to keep up to date with the changes happening. Canteen food is a bit hit and miss but that's probably being picky.

Advice to Management

Ensure the communication channels remain in place between all levels of the business.

HomeServe UK2017-11-07

"A business that truly cares about Customers and People"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK part-time for more than a year

Pros

Communication of company objectives and strategy filters right throughout the business with absolute clarity - and it's straight from the horse's mouth, delivered in person by the CEO and CMO - so we all know that we're working towards the same goals. There's a really lovely culture, with like minded people working together and management supporting their well-being. They're especially supportive of flexible... working arrangements and when your employer is so considerate it makes you want to give more back in return. This is the only business in my experience that can truly say they are putting Customers first; Customer's interests are the focus of every decision made and it's the lifeblood of the business. HomeServe is genuinely a great place to work and the people are really proud to work here - it does feel like a family and that's really special.

Cons

Transformation is sometimes a little painful - the business knows change is needed in order to sustain growth and has many exciting initiatives planned, but as with a lot of large companies, the wheels can take a long time to start turning. It's definitely improving though.

HomeServe UK2017-11-01

"Technology & Change"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic company to work for, and enjoy working for and being associated with HomeServe.

Cons

no downside from my side...all good

Advice to Management

Management have great focus on staff engagement which is fantastic

HomeServe UK2017-11-01