HomeServe UK Customer Service Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Greg Reed
  1. "Review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Nottingham, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent working environment People Benefits Support Location

Cons

Targets Inter team working Some management Shifts Seasonality

Advice to Management

Na

HomeServe UK2019-09-05

"Best Company I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Walsall, England

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is so much opportunity here for people who have a strong work ethic and you are definitely encouraged to progress and develop within the business. I moved from being a part time advisor following maternity leave to customer service manager with a little stint in Learning & Development in between all in the 6 years that I worked there. They have a wonderful 'home from home' culture and really and truly... have an engaged workforce because people, as a whole, do feel valued. **Advice to current employee's** After a bad day/week/month, don't look for other opportunities elsewhere. In my experience, the grass is NEVER greener and you'll still be regretting leaving 5 years later!

Cons

Absolutely nothing! great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

HomeServe UK2019-07-03
  3. "great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

free parking, customer focused culture, open door policy from the top down. opportunities to progress

Cons

none really, maybe regular updates on how the global business is performing

Advice to Management

continue to drive the great culture we already have

HomeServe UK2019-04-24

"A great employer"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company values what I do as an an individual and has supported me to grow as an individual. Ive been able to explore the aspects of my role I enjoy and hone my skills in order to move upwards. As a business I feel we are able to take time out to listen to feedback from employees and use this to support a healthy culture. Our CEO has an open door policy which is rare, his support and invaluable advice has... enabled me to be a better manager and and given me the confidence to peruse my own goals.

Cons

We work in a fast paced environment where the weather can really impact us. Unfortunately even Homeserve cannot control the weather causing havoc with our claims volumes.

Advice to Management

Continue to support getting the right people into the right jobs and supporting decisions made by your staff.

HomeServe UK2018-08-09

"Customers At The Forefront"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The HS senior management team have really made significant changes to provide exceptional customer service. The dedication, direction and commitment from the top down really gives me confidence that HS have balanced our commercial performance with delivering great customer service. The initiatives and project work that goes on in the background is a true testament of our commitment to our 2020 strategy. I have... every confidence in the senior executive team, that our organisation's future is in great hands and will continue to flourish as we move closer to delivering our 2020 objectives.

Cons

On some isolated occasions, we fail to manage peak time calling. We have taken on a lot of new employees to help manage the peak, but still have not quite balanced to have the right amount of resource to deal with call volumes, which puts added pressure on staff.

HomeServe UK2017-11-07
  6. "Cares about its people and rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Services Senior Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

By all levels you feel listened to and they react to information that you share. The Senior Management team always make time for you and concentrate on making improvements within the business and help you improve as an individual

Cons

None really- I have worked at HS for 9 years and each year the company has gone from strength to strength

HomeServe UK2017-08-08

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager - Outbound Sales in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

Definitely focused on the Customer Experience first, but equally care passionately about the front line. A defined strategy to focus on the big wins by 2020. Embedded a culture of empowerment to do the right thing regardless of seniority of role. Lots of engagement investment to help retain talent and increase performance. A CEO and CMO that have open door policies and a real passion to grow the business and truly... make it the best place to work in the UK.

Cons

None that spring to mind

Advice to Management

Keep up the energy and don't take eyes off the strategy

HomeServe UK2017-03-01

"Call Centre"

Customer Service Team Manager in Preston, North West England, England

I worked at HomeServe UK for more than 3 years

Pros

Now an Excellent place of work

Cons

It got better year on year

Advice to Management

Many changes though hearing about it now it has gone full circle and from strength to strength. Now. A best place to work

HomeServe UK2017-01-29
  9. "Feedback"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Preston, North West England, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

I have been at HomeServe nearly 11 years, my work place is like a second home, my management team has always been helpful and flexible towards my personal circumstances and over the last 18 months there has been some great changes within our department. Everything is about both internal and external customers and how we can make things better. My place of work is always looking for ideas from our people.

Cons

im not sure that there are any cons for me, i love my job and enjoy the people i work with, the only thing that i can think of is to have a better sitting arrangement for teams.

Advice to Management

Keep going as you are.

HomeServe UK2016-09-24

"Exciting times!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Career progression, there are plenty of opportunities to build a career. Heads of and Directors are open, honest & approachable. All members of staff are encouraged to speak up and suggest improvements. All efforts are being made to change the culture at HomeServe and that has to be applauded. It's changed massively over the past few years, all for the good.

Cons

Members of staff that are constantly negative and don't appreciate what we are trying to achieve at HomeServe. Instead of constantly complaining they should look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Make it tougher for new recruits to be successful when applying for a job. We have too many members of staff that are not up to the standard we expect.

HomeServe UK2015-11-07